boge carto taste bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoiseMike

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Boise, ID USA
I just tried some Boge 2ohm lately. While they had a nice flavor at no more than 3.8V they really seemed to not hold much liquid or get the liquid they did have to the coil very well. It was almost like dripping, as frequently as I had to add liquid. I'm not sold on them.
A carto that I have had very good experience with was from madvapes. Their clear 1.5ohm dual coil. Now that I've got a Lavatube I'm thinking about bumping up to a higher resistance though.
BTW - Have you been over to our local vape shop, Vapoligy? In Garden City behind the Army/Navy store. Jim's a real nice guy, and building up stock based on what people are asking for.

kempo63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Stockton, CA
militaryyearbookproject.com
It seems like i can taste the carto when i vape it seems to have that carto filling taste. these are the only cartos i have tryed. Are there any better ones i can use on my Provari? I punch my own... so thats not a problem. Any input from the pros?​

I've switched from Boge's to IKV cartos and have noticed a big difference in taste. I don't get that plastic/chemical taste that I was getting with Boge's. Been using 801 Fusions so I'm not sure about the ones with 510 connections. You could always use an adapter, though.

Some people say that removing the condoms and rubber doughnut (mouthpiece), and then letting them air out for a few days before filling helps.

TJVJR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Tri Cities , TN
Well I tries another method that seems to have worked. I used a dry child's oral medicine syringe ( well I used the turkey baster style ) to pull dry air in and out several times ( like the drying step of this style cleaning process ) before filling. Granted I am not sure this cartomizer would have tasted bad but I had had the problem with another from the same box . Worth a try before using just as a precautionary step.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I've been using the Boges for quite a long time. There's a trick with them and that's to get them fully saturated on the first fill. I drip into them most of the time, but on the first fill, I use a syringe. Photo below. That's a plastic "dispenser tip" on the syringe and I use a toothpick to block the hole from the top.

The defective rate is a bit high with them unfortunately. I'd say one out of ten just don't work right from the get go. I just chalk it up as part of the cost of vaping. Though early on, I made a big order of them at wholesale so it's tolerable.

carto4.jpg

craighwk

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2011
Denver
bpm.org
No offense to anyone but the condom method was a nightmare. I wasted tons of juice! I'm sure the best way to fill a carto is with a syring but since I don't have a syringe I use the Taryn Spin and that works great.

Never had a problem with the condom method. I fill the rubber half way and slowly slide the cartomizer into the liquid. I push very slowly until i see a bubble on the top. I then remove the rubber and suck away any extra juice with my syringe and put it back into the bottle. Done.

tybs_4045

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I use the condom method to prefill my boges before i put them in my tanks. I found that a good pumping method of the condom pulling juice up and down through it helps to saturate the entire carto.

Also any juice thats left over in the condom is squeezed out and put into my tank.

No juice is wasted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread