Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathibg57

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2013
Norton, MA, USA
Hi All!:toast:
My tank looks and sounds like the Boge F17 tank but my receipt from the shop I bought it from says "Smok"...I called the shop to see if the salesman remembered which he sold me and he said it was definitely the Smok Tech 3ml tank with the Boge 510XL SS 2.0-2.4ohm single cartos. (Oh, and yes, the Smok Tech looks like mine too).
Does anyone know where I can find a Smok Tech replacement tank that takes an XL carto? (I have been searching the web relentlessly and can only find Boges that take the XL cartos - All of the Smok Tech tanks I've found take the shorter cartos! :confused:

Also, would I be able to use the Boge tank as long as it is a 510 connection?
Finally, (and this seems like a "duhh" kind of question to me too but I have to ask it...) Is it the carto that is a single or dual coil or the tank?:blink:
Thanks for taking the time to stop and read this and thanks even more if you have the answers!! :p
Kathi:2cool::2cool:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
With carto-tanks you aren't restricted to brands, any carto-tank will work with any brand carto, as long as you take into account length and the presence/absence of a flange.

The Boge and Smoktech's original Tanks are nearly identical, and most of the Smoktech out there are for the XL cartos, they might not say it on the site, but you should be able to tell by the picture (length-height ratio looks different obviously between the two) I know Boge makes both XL and standard length tanks, but I've only seen XL Smoktechs around.

Here's a chart with the two lengths (and diameters) of tanks, the F15 is for standard (35mm) cartos and looks pretty stumpy compared to the XL (45mm) tanks.

http://www.tokoecig.com/files/boge-f15-16-17.jpg

Madvapes carries quite a few different Smoktech tanks, if those are what you're after.

Here is the Smoktech F17-like version, it comes with a rebuildable carto-replacement, but you can use regular XL cartos, as the tank itself is the same thing.

The Terminator RDA Tank, Chrome

Smoktech has also come out with several newer versions of their tanks, the first of which was the locking UDCT:

Chrome Artemas Slim Locking 510 DCT, Clear

Or just the tube if you already have cartos:

Chrome Artemas Slim Tube

In colors:

Anodized Artemas Slim Locking 510 DCT

And the later Pyrex (glass) one:

Slim Pyrex DCT

But as was mentioned, any brand tank and carto will work with each other, as long as the length matches (actually using XL in std. tanks works fine) and the flange situation matches up (some locking tanks can't accept flanged cartos, like the AGR.)

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Not sure why you want/need to change cartomizers. Suggest if you are using regular ego type batteries, you stay with single coil around 2.0ohm for best performance.
Smoktech XL tanks are almost always listed as DCT Tanks.

As long as caps and seals work correctly, a tank is pretty much a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread