Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
No, it doesn't return them to their original state. It highly depends on the duration of use and orignal ohms of the cartomizers. e.g. LR will rise while HR will decrease in ohms over time. Generally, a standard sized cartomizer will last for about 10ml. You will have to decide whether cleaning it is worth it or not in the end.

Some sure fire ways of knowing that the cartomizer is coming to the end of it's lifespan. Is that you will notice a drop in performance (less vapor, throat hit, etc.) and the draw will become tight. The last sign would be if you start tasting a burnt flavor which means it's time to toss it immediately in the garbage.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I did this for a while, anyway there is no "you can do it 10 times or 5 times". each time you will loose a bit of performance anyway

Check on smoktek.com the carto cleaning kit, i used to boil and then use a kit like this to clean them. For nasty tastes like menthol, you will have to repeat the proces multiple times. In all honesty you can do it like 2-3 times and then use another carto

Make sure you let them dry long enough with a piece of paper towel in it, so it can soak out all the remaining water

Ashtonsmommy1209

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Silverdale, WA
www.facebook.com
So a little update, after cleaning them they were measuring around 1.8ohms (originally 3.0ohms) I figure ill just use them one more time on one of ecigs that isn't variable voltage. I agree no reason to short out a battery by using a bad carto seeing as they are inexpensive. I just became curious about this because my eVic seems to be going through cartos like crazy, much faster than my lavatube2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread