The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

BOOM!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by noblewolf, Nov 8, 2018 at 10:10 AM.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
  2. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    this kid went to a vape shop, couldn't afford a variable and legit mods, so he bought a used replica, class A.. whatever heck they call it. then he asked a vape shop dude to build for him, done.. then the battery, he said he has no money to buy new batteries, so he bought a used one with broken wraps (being a newbie at that).. the vape shop dude warned him to never use it and why the heck did he buy used battery with broken wrappings for 300pesos when he can buy a new one for only 150pesos more. the kid said, alright, not gonna use it.. will save up to buy a new one.. and he was on the news a few hours later afterwards...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    good thing i noticed in PH vape shops, if you are new to vaping trying it for the very first time, no shops will sell you full mech mods. they will instead offer you variable mods, not because they want to sell more, but because for your own safety. i've been vaping for about 6months when i went to a shop to buy my first full mech mod, the shop owner asked me about ohms law, (im an engineer, so, yeah.. peanuts), went through some sort of screening which i barely passed, haha.. before he sold me the mod i always wanted, a parallel-series Zito BigBoss Mod..

4. ENAUD

ENAUD falling, falling, down the rabbit hole... Verified Member ECF Veteran

And there we have it, another picture perfect photo op for the Antz...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    ...who will leave out the user error info.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. ENAUD

We are living in a time when emotions are a favorite tool to sway the masses.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    No one seems to suggest that we ban cars because there are wrecks daily. Let a few vapers a year experience hardware failure and the talk starts about ecigs being dangerous.

How many car wrecks occur every day in the U.S.? | B. L. Jensen, L.P.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Letitia

Letitia Therion/Nano Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    We live in a time where the masses are sheep who let a very few do their thinking for them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Anise

Anise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Why did the vape shop sell used batteries in bad condition? They set that poor guy up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    I presumed he didn't get the battery from the vape shop, but from a "friend" or acquaintance. It says "the vape shop dude warned him to never use it," it doesn't sound like he bought it there, if they're telling him at the same time not to use it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. tailland

tailland Super Member

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    Seems the little doofus was pretty lucky. Doesn't look like he has permanent injuries...

12. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    There is nothing you can do to fix this issue. There will always be someone that will do stupid stuff with any kind of equipment and get hurt by their own stupid act.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Anise

Anise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    Good point. I must have missed that part.

• Love Love x 1
  14. Shadav

Shadav Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    So where's the outrage and media hype over exploding laptops or flashlights?

you do realize that the batteries we use are the same batteries that are used in laptops and flashlights..right?!?!

[edit] and as always with any electronic device, you should study it's safety rules/measures/ect....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ENAUD

That's what I got from reading it as well, however, then the shop proceeds to still sell the unfortunate guy a mech mod, knowing that he already has unsafe batteries for it.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. bwh79

bwh79 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2014
    Oregon
    Well, you gotta make that bread.

17. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    He didn't buy the mod from the vape shop.. He bought it from a used market off vaping fb group page.

18. ENAUD

That's even more confusing. Was the vape shop dude even in the shop when he built the coil for him...never mind, the details really don't matter, nothing to learn here, other than if you don't know what you are doing with a mech mod and have cells you bought used with damaged wrappers, you probably shouldn't be vaping that thing.

19. noblewolf

noblewolf Full Member

Jun 26, 2018
    Doha, Qatar
    After buying the used mod and used battery from somebody, he went to the vape shop and asked to help him build a coil. Shops here charge like $2 for the coil builds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. dripster

dripster Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    Not really. Emotions aren't necessary for every sane person to already understand the simple fact gasoline should be banned because there exist people who pour gasoline onto a fire despite their having explicitly been told not to.

• Like Like x 1