Boston Vapers Needed for Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janetda

ECF Veteran

This study has now completed

Researchers at the Boston University School of Public Health are studying the efficacy of e-cigarettes on smoking cessation. If you are a current electronic cigarette user, English-speaking, between the ages of 18 and 65, and living in the Boston area, we invite you to take part in a one-time focus group to be held at the BU School of Public Health. You must be currently using electronic cigarettes to be eligible for the study. The focus group will last approximately 1.5 hours and participants will be given a $10 Amazon Gift card for participation; travel compensation will also be provided. If interested, please contact Amanda at ecigstudy@gmail.com with your name, email address, and phone number to reach you at to see if you are eligible.

(If you repost the above anywhere... it MUST be posted exactly as is... just copy and paste. Nothing may be changed.)

Last edited by a moderator:

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Hopefully they will have a link or more info , in any case this is a huge benefit to all of us IMO , whether they find them to be better or that they have adverse side effects we will at least know SOMETHING !

To date no one has done any real studies on E-cigs , this may be the one that starts the ball rolling

upStomp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
North Central Mass
I'm starting to wonder if this is/was part of the study recently released and discussed here.

I sent an email that I am interested in participating in the study.

Let us know if you hear back. I'm also interested, but haven't sent an email due to my tinfoil hatishness.

:toast:

Willriker

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
CT, USA
was reading a differant thread. turns out that BU is releasing a differant study on ecigs.so, they have been looking into it for a little while now. It just shows that they are at least a little serious about doing actual research on ecigs. Research that we all can agree is a bit... nonexistant.

Just posting this to let people considering helping out these fellows at BU do research on e-cigs butwere a bit sheepish and didnt know if this was a serious thing or not know that they have been researching this. This looks to be a second research study and anty way i ca help get more good research done on these the better.

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got a reply today!

Thank you for your interest!

I'd like to ask you a few questions to determine if you meet enrollment criteria in the e-cig focus group. Please take the time to answer the questions below:

- Is English your primary language?

- Are you currently smoking cigarettes?

- Are you willing and able to travel to the Boston University School of Public Health (located in Boston, MA near the Boston Medical Center) to discuss your use of electronic cigarettes compared to traditional smoking cessation methods, if provided a $10 amazon gift card and compensation for local travel (up to $6)?

If you would prefer to answer these questions over the phone, please let me know and we can schedule a time.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My reply:

Hi, Amanda

Yes, English is my ONLY language.

I started vaping in August, and no longer smoke cigarettes.

I am VERY willing and able to drive to Boston for this study. As a 36 year smoker, I am very interested in ensuring the continued availability of this product. It is the only thing that has worked for me, and I am concerned that government intervention could ban the sale of e-cigs. Driving to Boston and back doesn't bother me at all, any assistance I can offer in your research is time well spent.

Whether or not I am not chosen for this study, please extend a sincere thank you to Dr. Siegel for me. I appreciate the work he is doing for all of us who are using personal vaporizers to minimize our health risk.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread