Status
Not open for further replies.

YePsTeR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
Northern Michigan
O My.....really? It meant that what you said in a comment you made was a statement that made sense to an individual that thought that your comment/post is worthy of a gold star, blue ribbon, a trophy, a bozo button. It was a winner!!!!!

Ya did good dude....your a winner.......................

I just can't go on ......... gawd....EnJoY the compliment Bduby:ohmy::facepalm:

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
I have a possibly dumb question:

Made the mistake of buying an Aleader funky squonk box. The thing is dangerous; contact sucks, everything sucks, there's a wire, whatever.

So I removed all the parts, ordered 24 ga copper sheeting for contact, got a mod maker 510, got my bottles, all ready to go...

Sadly, I can't figure out what to do about the firing button. The hole in the mod is 14mm, so can't use the mod maker actuator, which is 12mm. The button that came with the mod won't work. I've been looking at single-flare 14mm wooden ear plugs, which would need to be filed down. Does anyone have a better idea??

Also: I've been using mech mods for nearly 4 years without a single accident. I know all about the rules, batteries, builds, so please don't worry about the safety situation :)

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Pics would help.
Almost embarrassed to post pics, the thing looks so weird. 20180219_181655.jpg 20180219_181644.jpg

Reactions: laurie9300

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
You could get a switch like this that has a 14mm diameter mounting hole size, gut it, and maybe shorten it up, and epoxy a plunger to the actual button to push against your contact strip. I am assuming you will have a vertical strip that contacts the 510 or something similar. Or you could use the switch as is with a mosfet if space permits.

ux_a11123000ux0415_ux_c.jpg

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Last edited:

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
So ive had the idea for awhile now. Making the POS cupti into something worth having, a squonk. I know this is going to be a bit of work, but i think it is worth it. Remove the glass tube put a bottle. Gota move the wire at the bottom of the mod that makes connection to the contact the rod makes contact with and move/solder it to the 510. I got the 510 that makes you able to screw a tank it on the mod. I stripped the 510 of the spring loaded contact so its now hollow, now i have to figure out how to fill it back in with the spring loaded insolated squonkable piece (not sure what the piece is called).

Last edited:

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
I dont think that/a whole new 510 will work. The cupti is an AIO so there was no 510. It was a threaded drip tip with a rod that goes down ina tube with a screw on coil on the end that makes contact to a connector on the bottom of the mod. The 510 adapter you get actually threads into the mod. There is no regular hole with space around it to put a regular 510 in there with a nut or washer between the 510 base and the mod. Its all solid and threaded so it needs a proprietary 510.

I have it all gutted so i have to find away to replace the inards/spring loaded part of the 510 that has the tube coming down to attach the squonk bottle. I found one but its threads into the 510, but my 510 doesnt have threads. Only threading inside the 510 is to screw in the atty

JadidasKV

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2016
So i took apart the 510 for my custom creations stomp v1, i unscrewed the squonk pin from the peak isolator and got it to scew into the insolator (that wasnt threaded but sucha tight fit i got it to thread in) for the cupti 510. Now i jus have to cut the body of the cupti a little bigger and extend the wire that goes to the contact at the bottom of the mod and solder it to the 510 and i think this will work. I jus want to get another pin so i can still use the stomp because i obviously wont be able to use it for the stomp once i solder the wire to it in the cupti. If i really do get this to work, this will be one pretty cool custom modified regulated squonk

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
After the dicodes board proved too fiddly, trying a dna75 one.

Tight fit. Have had to trim and shape wire, then tin, then attach to fit it.

Will I need to redo this positive that I didn't trim short enough? Touches something but it looks insulated.

16awg turnigy cable

Dye is rit dyemore for synthetic

I hate soldering

:blush:
981e08346c8242fe28ab97ad00f81ce0.jpg
9b055d56eeb153eb7447705b94ecf1a9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread