Bought a pack of analogs this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I really believe you have to have your MIND made up to quit analogs. Someone said they were surprised by the number of people here who never touched another one. Well I can't speak for others, but when I ordered my e cig, I ordered it for the purpose of quitting analogs and never wanting to smoke another. I was bound and determined to make this work. I think you have to WANT to quit bad too and make up your mind. Was I still craving an analog? YES! Do I still now? A little here and there....BUT I made my mind up to QUIT so when I was tempted, I just vaped away and did not touch one. I gave all 4 cartons I had left away to my mother in law about 2 1/2 weeks after starting vaping.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I don't feel guilty at all about having the occasional analog. I've still got 2 little tubs of roll your own tobacco, filter tubes, and a good stuffing machine. Most of the time I just can't be bothered with it. I have to say, analogs taste WAY better now, like they used to when I started smoking, I don't even mind the smell of secondhand smoke. If I were to go back to 12-15 cigs a day I know I wouldn't feel so hot, but once in a blue moon I'll whip out the supplies and stuff a real smoke for old times' sake. Usually when I'm drinking. Or if it's nice out and I wanna spend a few minutes in the fresh air, and pollute it a bit. ;-)

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I didn't pick this to quit cigs all together although I am working towards that. The day I got my e-cig I went from a pack a day to 5, then the next two days I've had 3 each day, and now today I only had 2 analogs so far. I need to get a weaker ejuice I think though it burns and almost numbs my mouth almost like nicotine gum did when I tried that a few years back, thinking maybe too much nicotine is hurting my mouth and throat.

Go to a neighborhood type of pharmacy and get yourself a pint of propylene glycol for around $10. You can cut 24 mg juice down to 12 mg without making much of a dent in the taste. Actually, cutting 24 down to 12 makes it much more palatable for me. Doing another cut down to 6 is pushing the limit but still tolerable.

Go to a neighborhood type of pharmacy and get yourself a pint of propylene glycol for around $10. You can cut 24 mg juice down to 12 mg without making much of a dent in the taste. Actually, cutting 24 down to 12 makes it much more palatable for me. Doing another cut down to 6 is pushing the limit but still tolerable.

I've looked at Price Chopper and Wal-Mart for Propylene Glycol but have had no luck finding it anywhere. If you or anyone can give me a picture of the bottle to look for or a brand name or if it's called something other than Propylene Glycol in the store I would appreciate it. Is there a certain kind that is better than another kind or are they all the same at the drug store? It's the only reason I haven't just cut mine down to a lower level and figured I'd just buy another bottle, but would much rather just cut it atleast for the rest of this bottle so it doesn't go to waste.

Last edited:

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
i still smoke a couple of analogs a week. On a heavy week maybe around 5 analogs but since i got my joye 510, i have smoked on average about 2 analogs per week (give or take)

Analogs feel nasty now but it has what my body craves so i take out my analog but i dont really finish it....i smoke it up to a little before the brand sign and toss it away.

I used to be half a pack a day smoker so i have cut my analog intake considerably and i am more than happy with the results. I DO wish one day that i would completely stop smoking analogs though.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
Suggestions, hmmm....All the advice above plus..I would buy a new toy, something to be excited about ( new mod= more power= better throat hit/lung punch, use it a lot or just for those moments you are climbing the walls and need the reward)...Jump into your new hobby - Read this forum, set out to make the best DIY mix ever, reorganize all your toys, introduce a friend into your e-cig world so you have a support system and can exchange flavors, rough times, drawing techniques etc ( french inhaling really does boost the juice flavor, whoever mentioned that on here lol)...Not interested in all that? ..Then go do some yard work lol something, anything... I just remember last time I quit.. It took me exactly 2 weeks to stop thinking about an analog/cig every min of the day, and I didnt have the e- cig to help... I think staying busy is really important, just get through those first few weeks..It gets better...Cooome on, you know you don't wanna stink(smoke) no more..:: lil laugh::...

oh look, I just pepped talked my own d*m self... wheew I feel better..I'm gonna go rearrange my lorann flavors, reorganize my e-cig tool box, call my neighbor to come vape on the curb with me then trim my roses.. shoooo lol

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
I've looked at Price Chopper and Wal-Mart for Propylene Glycol but have had no luck finding it anywhere. If you or anyone can give me a picture of the bottle to look for or a brand name or if it's called something other than Propylene Glycol in the store I would appreciate it. Is there a certain kind that is better than another kind or are they all the same at the drug store? It's the only reason I haven't just cut mine down to a lower level and figured I'd just buy another bottle, but would much rather just cut it atleast for the rest of this bottle so it doesn't go to waste.

Camel, you won't find it at a chain pharmacy like CVS or Walgreens but if you call a smaller pharmacy that does compounding of medications, you should find it. Another good possibility is a feed store or a vet supply.

A common product is made Paddock Laboratories but any USP grade will work.

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA

I think just about any pharmacy will order it for you. I got mine at a grocery store pharmacy. They ordered it yesterday, I picked it up today, $12.19 for 16 oz. I don't know that anyplace has it on the shelf. I do know some people buy it at tractor supply places as it's used for livestock but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable using that....

Wow! Didn't expect this many posts when I sent this off before work this morning. :D Still going back and browsing through them, lol.

Killed my last analog appx. 15 minutes ago and downloaded a desktop counter. I think I've held out long enough with my NPro & Dura-C and it may be time to ramp it up to something bigger (at least for home use).

Just been under a lot of stress lately (who hasn't?) but each time I stop analogs I manage to go for a longer time so it's only a matter of time. I still have a few more months anyway for slip-ups. I decided a few years ago that I'm done when I turn 30 (15 year anniversary).

Time to do my research on the larger style e-cigs now I suppose hehe.

I think just about any pharmacy will order it for you. I got mine at a grocery store pharmacy. They ordered it yesterday, I picked it up today, $12.19 for 16 oz. I don't know that anyplace has it on the shelf. I do know some people buy it at tractor supply places as it's used for livestock but I don't know that I'd feel comfortable using that....

well today I went to one grocery store pharmacy, and two convenient store pharmacies and none of them had it (that's pretty much every pharmacy here in Plattsburgh, NY), I asked at all 3 places and no one would order it for me, looks like I'm pretty much stuck just buying the weaker e-liquid or something in order to tone this down, unfortunately I'm starting to get used to the 24mg of nicotine and that's not what I wanted to have happen, vaping and becoming even more addicted was not part of the plan.

sorry for hijacking the post.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
If you need something to cut your juice right away and can't find the Propylene Glycol ( I couldnt either- pharmacy looked at me like I was nuts specially when I was asking about syringes as well lol...I scanned this thread didnt see anyone say they were sensitive to VG - veg glycerine?.....
If you're in the US.. Go to hobby lobby in the "candy making isle" they have 2 oz bottle of Wilton Glycerine, you can cut your juice with that..It will make it a lil sweeter... I had to order my PG online

no hobby shops within an hour of here, I'm pretty much in a big small city in the middle of nowhere with your essential places, price chopper, wal-mart, kinneys, rite aid, hannaford, and a mall with nothing useful in it.

where online did you order yours from? It seems this is what I'll have to do

Wildsky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Nebraska
no hobby shops within an hour of here, I'm pretty much in a big small city in the middle of nowhere with your essential places, price chopper, wal-mart, kinneys, rite aid, hannaford, and a mall with nothing useful in it.

Try walmart!

Or you can order on line at Lorann's (thats what I had to do)

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA

Any health food stores? You can get VG there...

crazyhorse

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
Baja Alabama
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread