Went from 15yrs of Analogs to E-Cig, Are there withdrawal symptoms and Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Hey all! New member here and new to E-Cig ( got a 510 last week )

I was smoking analogs for about 15 yrs ( near the end i was at a pack - pack 1/2 day ) and just last week ( about 6 days now ) i quit the analog and went the E-Cig route.

So far so good....I am not sure why iam not craving a real analog. I have a few questions that maybe someone could help me with and answer...

1) i use 36mg Menthol in my 510, Now if i take a puff here and there ( lets say 20 puffs total in 1 hours time ) how many MG of nicotine does that add up to with analogs ( can we compare it to a number of cigarettes )? I have a feeling that even though i may have QUIT the bad habit of smoking analogs, that i might be actually pumping my body with a TON more nicotine...So i am trying to figure out the MG comparisons between the 2.

2) I have read all the side effects/Withdrawal symptoms people get when they quit smoking but i think most of it is from the Nicotine withdrawal end of it, So since i have technically quit analogs but i am puffing on a E-Cig, the nicotine is still flowing thru me. Will i get any withdrawals from quitting analogs even though i still am using nicotine? My body feels different each day since i quit, Good and Bad...and i am wondering if this is because i quit analogs or could i be using MORE nicotine then what i was using when on analogs?

3) so far i am LOVING the E-Cig and it seems almost to good to be true...I am sure there has to be SOME side effects/Health concerns with using the E-Cig? What are they? Everything i am sure comes with a risk......

Thanks so much!!!

Darkest

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2009
Nashville TN
I can't answer everything but give it a few weeks. I smoked for over 20 years and went from almost 2 packs a day of camel unfiltered straight to the e-cig. It's been almost a year now. I had been using the 36 but am trying the 24 now, maybe I'll even be able to bring it all the way down. I didn't suffer withdrawal but did chain smoke the e-cig and occasionally wanted a cig it was just never the screaming desperation it used to be. My lungs are so much better now I can't describe it. Oh, and my throat is dry sometimes...that seems to be the worst of it :)

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
Hey all! New member here and new to E-Cig ( got a 510 last week )

I was smoking analogs for about 15 yrs ( near the end i was at a pack - pack 1/2 day ) and just last week ( about 6 days now ) i quit the analog and went the E-Cig route.

So far so good....I am not sure why iam not craving a real analog. I have a few questions that maybe someone could help me with and answer...

1) i use 36mg Menthol in my 510, Now if i take a puff here and there ( lets say 20 puffs total in 1 hours time ) how many MG of nicotine does that add up to with analogs ( can we compare it to a number of cigarettes )? I have a feeling that even though i may have QUIT the bad habit of smoking analogs, that i might be actually pumping my body with a TON more nicotine...So i am trying to figure out the MG comparisons between the 2.

2) I have read all the side effects/Withdrawal symptoms people get when they quit smoking but i think most of it is from the Nicotine withdrawal end of it, So since i have technically quit analogs but i am puffing on a E-Cig, the nicotine is still flowing thru me. Will i get any withdrawals from quitting analogs even though i still am using nicotine? My body feels different each day since i quit, Good and Bad...and i am wondering if this is because i quit analogs or could i be using MORE nicotine then what i was using when on analogs?

3) so far i am LOVING the E-Cig and it seems almost to good to be true...I am sure there has to be SOME side effects/Health concerns with using the E-Cig? What are they? Everything i am sure comes with a risk......

Thanks so much!!!

You might want to read these posts about nicotine blood levels to help you decide if you're getting too much or not enough nicotine.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/nicotine/30623-blood-test-lab-results-nicotine-levels.html

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net

a full cartridge holds less than a milliliter, so divide 36mg by however many puffs it takes you to completely drain a full cartridge, and you get roughly your mg/puff dosage

most likely withdrawal.. the symptoms are similar, and since you're apprehensive about overdosing, I'm willing to bet withdrawal

Thanks so much!!!

dry mouth... and uh.. high credit card bills :p

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
hmm yeah initial outlay can be heafty ... but if you start off on the 510 and not go through 4 differnt modles first like i did your off to a good start ....

heck I was just thinking of all the flavors there are to try, then you want a separate atty for each flavor so you don't have to clean them as often.. then all the mods and accessories..

madman3237

ECF Veteran
May 20, 2009
Laurel, DE USA
I smoked for 40 years and was at 2.5-3 Packs/day at the end. It took a month and 4 different models for me to totally quit analogs. (Now 40% auto 901, 59% manual 510, occasional 601 E-pipe.) I probably vape 2-3 times as much as you - when I can. I know I am probably getting more nic than when I smoked. I have to be real careful near bedtime or I can't get to sleep for hours and sometimes vivid dreams that I never had before. And yes, I will cut back the nic, but right now trying different flavors and DIY is just too much fun!

Other than the insomnia/vivid dreams from too much nic, the main side effects that some have are itching, lethergy, gas, dry mouth or nausea. Many have a bout of diarrea within a short time after quiting analogs - body ridding itself of the other thousands of toxins. Some never have a purge per se. The itching and dry mouth are side effects of PG being a humicant (it absorbs H20) - drink lots of water! The lethergy seems to be a side effect of the body processing PG as lactic acid. Your body may adjust, or not. Some are allergic to PG and may have these symtoms more than others and possibly other problems.

If you have the above symtoms badly enough to be a problem, try some VG(glycerin) based juice. It has a better chance of giving you nausea and/or a filmy feel to mouth but less of the other troubles. Its been said that it is processed by the body as glucose. It is sweet, affects flavors, thicker - producing more vapor (possibly clogging atties faster per some) but less throat hit.

I've had all the above to some degree. I now tend to either alternate between PG and VG or cut one with the other. The worst of the side effects will pass quickly, unless you are allergic to PG.

MREXE

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
MT. PRINCETON, COLORADO
40 years of crap sticks, 2 days of ecigs, two analogs today, im impressed,,,,,,,beyond belief............ok, so ive "uped"my nic intake maybe, but, anno that I will regulate this new "procedure" as time goes on, ive tried it all, and THIS is the first thing I can say WORKS........... and only nic, not any of the other 4000 chems, altho, nic is a "vaso constrictor" and classed as a "cancer agent".........does cause strokes and heart attacks, but without the "junk" of tobacco, i think these myths will deminish, if the AMA will let them thru truth............

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I would like to thank everyone for there replies! You all have been a great help.

The reason for my concern is because last week when i quit and was on the Ecig, it seemed almost to easy, i was in shock that quitting analogs would be a piece of cake! ( i tried it 3 times in my 15 yrs on smoking and it was a nightmare )

Well now that i am in week 2 ( about 5-6 days since i had a analog, started mid week ) i am feeling weird...Right now, I feel weak and tired...Hungry...my damn sinus's, etc. etc...I am just wondering if this is me withdrawing from the analogs? or if i am actually pumping MORE nicotine into my body.

I thought i wouldn't go thru any withdrawals seeing as how i still have nicotine going thru me, but maybe its actually is LESS then when i was smoking? and the feeling i am having could be a minor withdrawl.

I am not experiencing any of the symptoms that anyone has mentioned here so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread