Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arylcyclo

Feb 17, 2015
United States
Alright, so I having been mech modding for the last year. Upon starting mech mods they were amazing as far as vapor quality, as long as I changed my cotton out every day and vaped around .5ohms. Alright so I have been thinking about getting into vv/wv mods since mech modding is not seeming to do it for me anymore I use a little boy rda or my dark horse rda, and I just cant seem to get that nice satisfying taste and huge clouds lately. This could be due to the fact that I have been using the same two sony vtc 5s for 4 months now, or due to the fact that i dropped from 6mg nicotine to 3mg. Anyways sorry to get off topic about box mods, but I just do not know where to begin. The box mods that go up to like 50w/60w, do I need to buy batteries for them, do I use the same vtc5s as i do inside my mech mods, or do they have batteries built in. Also I have seen box mods that are build out of wood and such and they have slots for 18650 batteries. Does something like that qualify as a vv/vw box mod? Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions: Ronald3638

Ronald3638

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2013
Zeeland, MI, USA
If it has the VV or VW circuit board in it then yes it is.

In my opinion if you want to do anything over 30 watts you should be looking for something that uses 2 18650 batteries (in parallel) in which case they should be purchased together, charged together, used together and disposed of together.

This is just my opinion and others may disagree.

I just don't think a single 18650 holds a charge long enough at higher wattage's and I prefer not to run any where near a batteries amp limit. Using two batteries in parallel reduces the amount of current each individual battery has to supply.

TXBiker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2014
Center of Texas
If your only building to .5 you don't need a high wattage box. You CAN get like an IPV 4 under $100 has temp control and is 100w and dual 18650. Cover a lot of options with one mod at a reasonable price. The whole pairing batterys in a dual mod is kind of a waste the only advantage is they're new. Ideally they would be matched by volts amps internal resistance and mah like we used to do nicads back in the day. Then you would have paired cells. Ordering new cells is just that and all batteries are not created equal they all charge/discharge at different rates.

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I run .1 - .1ohm coils - mainly because my favorite RDA is the Stillare V3 from Cartel Mods... that RDA is a native 3-coil dripper... 3 identical coils, 6 wraps of 26g Gplat around a 2.4mm bit = .19ohm range.

I was hesitant of box mods because of their ohm restrictions, then the sigelei 150w box came out, that and the IPV3. I only rock authentic mechmods, I have quite a few $300.00+ mods in my collection, and honestly, they are all paper weights now to my sigelei... and here's why...

Looks aside.....

The Sigelei 150w doesn't look flashy... true.

However, the sheer awesomeness of being able to run 2 VTC4 batteries, and vape all day, 8 hour work shift, on my .18ohm tri-coil dripper @ roughly 74w / 3.4v - and have still 40% battery left after 8 hours... isnt that enough of a reason to get one?????

If you're not vaping below .5 ohm, then like the user above me said, there are so many box mods that will save you money. However, for the sub-ohm'ers out there that can deplete a VTC4 in a matter of 15 minutes, this little $109.00 box mod was a no brainer. I aboso-freaking-lutely love the ability to keep my wattage EXACTLY a the temp I prefer (a bit warm), and be able to do a full shift without even having to charge the batteries. I was using a Cartel Brass 18650 Mod with a Mutation X V3 RDA for awhile, and I'd have to charge my VTC4's every hour and a half or so, and bring like 2 batteries with me everyday.... it sucked.

If you vape in the 2.2ohm - .5ohm range - stick with whatever, it doesn't matter.... your resistant isn't really low enough to see any difference no matter the device.

If you vape in the .5ohm - .1 ohm range - look into a 150w/100w box mod, or maybe even an unregulated box mod, but truth be told... the highest I get a pleasurable vape at is like around 85 watts.... I never go above 100w...

But that's just because the battery / atomizer market hasn't evolved yet, but it will.... it will... (hopefully:vapor:)

Hope this helps you on your journey, this is coming from a hardcore impulse-buyer, who was super reluctant to get off my mechmod train and jump into the world of dual 18650 box mods... so freaking happy I did it... and I'm so freaking happy the entire mod was only $109.00!!!

see -

IMG_1833.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread