Status
Not open for further replies.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Credit card processors, no. Credit card issuers do, however, by virtue of running a credit report, including date of birth. That guarantees 18... I have no idea what the alcohol process would be, but that's one local industry that didn't really jump on the internet much anyhow. It's arguable that if you have the paypal visa/mastercard, the same applies and they should be able to. There would, however, be a whole host of new restrictions on paypal having to deal the FDA and ATF and such, and I'd be willing to bet that the number of paypal accounts that have such paypal credit cross referenced with the number who would use it to buy cigarettes, guns, and ...... would be fairly slim. There would be some business from it, but I'm sure it is far outweighed by the increased federal oversight.

I mean, being online, it could always be a 15 year old with someone else's card, but I'm pretty sure the retailer can give the card number to the investigator and walk away from that.

Thus far, I have been doing fine with PayPal and ecigs... just don't say 'ecig' in the message (I just leave it default anyway). Sucks for vendors that want to accept it, though, for sure.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Paypal is our friend. healthcabin still takes it.

Overseas and the UK accept PP because there Gov't Feds dont mess with them the way ours do, you know someone in our Gov't went to paypal and told them NO dont do e-cigs right. paypal wants to and does on the sly and I've paid vendors with it many a times and still do, it's our bureaucratic dumb azz policies & politicians that are in the way.

Eric A. Blair

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2011
Democratic Peoples Republic of NJ
Before I became a vaper 2 years ago, I used to be involved the lame resistance to anti smoking lobbyists. Fellow vapers have to reconcile themselves with an ugly fact that is tough for some to accept.

Some won't believe it, but the majority of adults understand what is going on here. Big PhRma interests peddling nicotine gums and patches sponsor front groups like ACS, ASH, ANR, CTBK. I'm a card carrying Conservative and libertarian, but damn if I'm not ...... at the Citizens United big corporations in this case. They spent billions to coerce smokers to quit and buy pharma nicotine products.

That's not free markets. That's crony capitalism and social engineering for profit.

They are paid by Big Phrma and will do their bidding.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Fair enough, and may well be valid, but what does that have to do with PayPal?

It's a rather sad but common scenario... to attack a target, you don't really have to have any dirt on the target. Just begin by talking about the target and then spew a bunch of negatives about something else, preferably with run-on sentences.

We should stop using having dogs because dogs like bones and the meat corporations are slaughtering animals and big meat is giving steroids to animals produced by big pharma there just buying america with there lobbyists! It is a well known fact that people using steroids show a heightened propensity for violence, just like the Nazis! Ban dogs!

Not even a full sentence of the topic post of this thread had gone by before she changed the subject.

The Chewbacca defense 2 - YouTube

There are an alarming number of idiots running around with this "We need to do something... about something!" mentality.

MeowMix

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
Florida
I have to say I've been on these boards for just over a few weeks now and I refuse to use Paypal. I've had several successful transactions without the use of Paypal. Since I've joined this community I've had 8 successful Classified Transactions without the use of Paypal. I've paid and accepted Postal Money Orders, I've also used Gift Card Email Codes as payments and accepted both as payment.

I've never liked Paypal. I actually used them for a solid 8 years while selling on Ebay, but when those two companies merged and changed all their fee's, I left it behind. There are other ways to have a successful transaction, it may not be as easy as sitting in front of your computer and pushing a button for payment, but it is possible.

As far as governments dirty hands in our freedoms, I agree 100% with the OP and will continue to boycott Paypal.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread