Boycott PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
I suspect that everyone's favorite ambulance chaser sent them a letter "informing" them that sales of e-cigarettes are illegal in the U.S., basing his "legal opinion" on the FDA's assertion that the products are unapproved drug-delivery devices. I think Paypal refuses to process tobacco sales as well, so the US District court's recommendation to regulate them as tobacco products would not help.

Satans_Monkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
A, A
It seems vicious and nasty that the tobacco industry holds so much sway over the government no just in the US but here in Australia too. Look at the UK e-cigs are sold freely no problems but here it seems I have to resort to frowned upon methods to get healthy after the damage the tobacco industry had caused my health. Now paypal are saying what we can and cannot use our money on? It's my damn money!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

crackbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.thecrackhouse.net

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
I've read that it's just the delivery system the drug companies have a problem with... I could be wrong though.

The drug companies are scared ........ of e-cigs because they will lose all their billions of $$$$ a year that they make from their ineffective "Stop smoking/nicotine" products that they charge so much for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
I've said this before but in Australia I think it's because cigarettes are so heavily taxed ($20AUD for a pack of 40's) that they'll lose a .... load of revenue. Plus the Nicobate stuff.

The tax argument is the least persuasive to me because they'll just fix it the obvious way: apply the taxes to vaping juices and equipment.

Satans_Monkey

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
A, A
Paypal sucks period. I've been boycotting them since 2000!
Everything is considered suspicious activity to paypal, then they limit or lock your account, while they make interest on holding YOUR MONEY.

True as that may be... Its still better than western union... Charging money to send money.

:EDIT: besides it's still very convenient and safer than giving your credit card details out. Also I wonder what else is on their banned items list? Plutonium? I think that'd be pretty damn funny to be a fly on the wall when the office workers process that payment "ok so this one is $3000AUD for... 1kg of plutonium!?"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread