ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
I'll get the pics out of the way 1st

Fat braid
l823.jpg

slim braid
4ic3.jpg

Igo-W w/ dual 12 wrap braided 32Ga nano coils with rolled cotton wick(close to .5 ohms)
lh5x.jpg

Torch stained KTS + stained Igo-W cap
utzf.jpg

AGA-T2 with SS wire rope wrapped with XC-116, 4 wraps of braided 32Ga .6 ohms. Airhole bored to 3/32
uteg.jpg

AGA-T2 stained cap + stained KTS
cxjo.jpg

Got bored last night and I had a spool of 100ft of 32Ga that I never use anymore. While browsing the post pictures of your working wick-coil-setup thread I saw a lot of twisted wire pictures. I had the idea to braid the wire and see how that works out. First I had to read how to braid lol. I've tried making a fatter braid and a skinnier one and it seems the skinnier one works better for setups I have tried to build, the fat one just looked cool I guess.

The first device I used this on was a fogger v3. I had previously had a 2.2 ohms build of 30Ga and it worked, but I felt like it could do better on my Vamo. I now have 8 touching wraps of the braided stuff on XC-116 at 1.3 ohms and its tasting and fogging much better. The mass takes a couple seconds to get to optimum temperature, but once it's hot it stays hot longer. If I take small mouth drags without pressing the button after my initial drag I can get 4 that have vapor. This device brought my vamo out of retirement since I got my mech. Surprising how much this thing puts out for a VW device at 12W. I don't crank it to 15 because I don't notice too much difference on the Vamo, either that or when I do crank it up my battery is less than 3.7.

Next up was my Igo-W. I originally tried using XC-116 but this monstrosity of a coil at .6 ohms was eating juice to the point where I would get 4-5 drags before it went dry. I scrapped that and wrapped a paper clip 12 times making 2 coils. I made a cotton wick from CVS rolled cotton and pulled it through leaving long ends. I made turns in the wick legs, tucked it under the coil, and pressed the coil down into a bed of cotton. The Vamo read it at .5 and then .4, so it's most likely .48 or so. This one is putting out massive clouds and has great flavor. What surprised me at this watt level was how cool the vapor is. I've made quad nanos of 30Ga at .4 and it was way too hot to enjoy. It takes a second to get going but its a Gallagher show with the cap off after that.

Final atty is the AGA-T2. This is an old setup of 2mm 7x7 wire rope with an XC-116 condom that I've rewired twice so the nextel is starting to come apart at the top. I tried a 3 wrap of the fat wire on this and it was nothing special. I took that off and replaced it with 4 wraps of the skinny wire at .6 ohms. Wow, this one is juicy as hell and making dense vapor. I'm definitely liking it more than the 3 wrap of 28 I had on it. This one makes clouds like my dripper which is what I've wanted from it since day 1. A dripper with a tank.

The stain jobs were another bored night. Forgot to clean my finger prints off the KTS before I torched it so now it has a blue finger print swirl on it which actually looks pretty sweet.

Last edited:

metamorpheus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
I can't imagine how low that must be, be careful! sony 30A at 5-6 second bursts at the least. I'm getting better at the braid and can do it pretty thin now so I redid my Igo-W at the vapers meet yesterday. dual 12 wraps, .4 ohms. My previous metered at .47 ohms, funny because I guessed .48. This thing is beyond spitting. After a second of sizzling it would make a loud pop with fresh cotton and unleash an explosion of vapor. The throat hit made me do a JFK back and to the left. My little KTS and Igo-W have become a cannon.

Now I want to join the insanely low train and make a 28 braid nano dragon. I haven't liked the nano dragon in the past but this might be the one. Bend a paper clip and make a 18 wrap u coil or something excessive like that. It might blow, but it also might be quite entertaining. Either way I gotta try it now that the idea is in my head :toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread