brand new but i have been lurking for 3 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantgetright

Dec 20, 2014
new jersey
Hey everyone im new to this forum and have questions ive been lurking for 3 weeks now also analog free for 3 weeks .. ive been reading threads and different sites looking for answers to a few problems i dont know what juices i like i have a ego twist i believe its a vv because i can set my volts from 3.2 to 4.8 (can you tell im a newbie) it came with a clearomizer and after it started leaking i looked on ebay for one that looked like it and ordered 10 from china ... bad move because they are garbage so i then bought a kanger t3d and actually like it alot .. but i bought a 30ml bottle of buck naked fresh menthol and 10ml bottle tripl3 coffee and that stuff is bad :( so heres my number one question i ordered 2 bottles of juice from mt baker vapor almost 3 weeks ago both 50/50 with an extra flavor shot and they are so harsh they are unvapable its way more than a strong th ... sorry they are caramel apple and peanut butter i wish i could vape them becacause they smell great thanks in advance

skaterose

Mar 13, 2014
NC, USA
What sort of flavors do you like? After trying a few different kinds I found that fruity flavors but not quite sweet flavors work for me. My go too brand is alicious. My favorite flavor is melonlicious but I havent tried any of their flavors that I didn't like. Ask your local vape shop if they have any you could sample. Or you could make the gamble and just order online. Happy hunting! :)

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
hey, i see you were a newport smoker :p

ive ben vaping for over a year now and i still cant get off the menthol. if your tastes are similar, you may enjoy just a plain menthol juice, or find a nice fruit you like to add menthol.

ive tried plenty of mixes since i DIY juice, and i can say for sure im ALWAYS adding menthol to something. it just isnt right without it

ButchMommy

Nov 20, 2014
DeKalb, IL, USA
I always tell people go to a B&M shop and try all the juice. I have only ever ordered juice once, a sample pack, and I hated every flavor I got. I like a place that has the bottles out so you can drip all the flavors too. Not that trying a juice means it's good down the road. I bought a strawberry once that tasted great in the store, but when it steeped it tasted like ....

Good Guy Vapes Electronic Cigarettes & Accessories

These guys have four stores in NJ and they have a great selection a juice to try. Better then ordering 30ml bottles and hating it.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Hey there, Cantgetright. If you like the smell and taste of the two you mentioned, you could always buy some vg at Walmart in the band-aid section and dilute the juice down. Yes this would cut the nic but I have done this and was not bothered by the muted flavors. Some of the premade juice are just to strong for me. It does take time for figure out what flavors you really like. Just because someone recommends a juice, does not mean that it will make your taste buds dance. I think that is the main reason I started DIY. There is really not much to it and I am proof that anyone can do it. While you are trying flavors, might at well get the when they are on sale. Here is a link to a thread I used. Very good vendors are listed there and I have seen some fantastic deal.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/pay-forward-pif/418767-deals-steals-270.html
JC_link.gif

In combining liquids that are premade or diluting down a liquid. Here is a calculator that I use.

DIY E-Liquid Combining Calculator
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you and I just know you will find some juices.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Hi and welcome!

You don't say what nicotine strength you are using or what PG/VG ratio, but you do mention that there's too much TH.

High nic strength adds to throat hit as does a high PG ratio.

If you have high nic and high PG, that might be the problem. One thing you can do to help is to get some USP VG (Vegetable Glycerine) from a drug store. Thin it 80% VG and 29% distilled water, then mix it in with your e-juice. That will reduce the throat hi, but be aware, it will also dilute the flavor. It may be vapable that way, though.

Another approach that won't diute the flavor is to get some 0% nic, all VG juice in the same or similar flavor, and use that to mix in with the juice you have.

It might not be the nic or PG, though. I know when I first started vaping that everything seemed harsh until my body got used to vaping. Vapor isn't the same as smoke, and your body (i.e., throat) might just getting used to the different sensation. One thing that helps lots of folks over this hump is to avoid direct inhales into the lung. Take the vapor into your mouth first, hold it for a second or two, then gently inhale.

Hope that helps, and Happy Vaping!

ButchMommy

Nov 20, 2014
DeKalb, IL, USA
It might not be the nic or PG, though. I know when I first started vaping that everything seemed harsh until my body got used to vaping. Vapor isn't the same as smoke, and your body (i.e., throat) might just getting used to the different sensation. One thing that helps lots of folks over this hump is to avoid direct inhales into the lung. Take the vapor into your mouth first, hold it for a second or two, then gently inhale.

Hope that helps, and Happy Vaping!

I had the same problem in the beginning, everything was harsh. This is indeed what I had to do when I started vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread