Jul 20, 2012
Reno, NV

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
How about more expensive, but better?:laugh:

Would you rather pay alittle more now and be happier? Or buy something cheap and have to buy something else a little ways down the road?

The best cig look alike right now is the Volt. Why? Because that Joye 510 has at best a 280 mAh battery. The Volt has 320 mAh battery. This means less time charging and more time using. Also, the site you linked to is rather unknown around here. Not saying they are bad, just unknown. Smokeless Image has an excellent track record.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Standard Starter Kit - Starter Kits

There are alot better devices than the Volt, but they are alittle bigger. Do you have any problems with a battery that's about the size of a sharpe? If not, than I'd suggest the KGO. Why? Again, bigger battery=longer life, stronger vape, throat hit etc....

Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

KForrester86

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Columbia, PA
How about more expensive, but better?:laugh:

Would you rather pay alittle more now and be happier? Or buy something cheap and have to buy something else a little ways down the road?

The best cig look alike right now is the Volt. Why? Because that Joye 510 has at best a 280 mAh battery. The Volt has 320 mAh battery. This means less time charging and more time using. Also, the site you linked to is rather unknown around here. Not saying they are bad, just unknown. Smokeless Image has an excellent track record.

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Standard Starter Kit - Starter Kits

There are alot better devices than the Volt, but they are alittle bigger. Do you have any problems with a battery that's about the size of a sharpe? If not, than I'd suggest the KGO. Why? Again, bigger battery=longer life, stronger vape, throat hit etc....

Elite Vaporworks KGO Starter Kit with Boge LR Cartomizers - KGO

Kay is right. I would go with the Elite Vaporworks Starter kit, you get 30ML of juice with your purchase. It's a nice intro into e-cigs and doesn't drain your wallet!

oh and welcome to ECF;)

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
I agree with Kay. If you want something that looks like a cigarette, get a Volt from smokeless image. If you want something the size of a sharpie, get a kgo.

As for that kit you are looking at. Starting of with a one battery kit is not a good idea. You will quickly become frustrated when the battery dies and you have to wait for it to be charged. Then you will probably end up smoking again. For mini's, 510 connections generally do to have a good track record. That is also not a well known supplier. You want to use a company that is known to stand behind their products and has good customer service

Smokeless image has the best customer service in the business. They are the most recommended "mini" on here. The battery lasts 2-4 hours. Their cartos last a long time, can be refilled several times and don't burn s easily as others. They are reasonably priced as well. I posted a video below that demonstrates the volt, talks about what you need to be successful no matter what company you use and also shows the x2, which is similar to the kgo, so you can see the difference. There is a 15% off coupon which would make the kit similar to the one you are looking at, $25 (1 battery set up) or you can get the next best kit for $38(it has 2 batteries) They also have a promo for a free battery on their forum here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

If you want something larger, get a kgo. The kgo will last you several hours and is 3.7v. IMHO it is better than a standard ego because it has more power. It's similar to the x2 you see in the above video. Only difference is the x2 is 808 threaded.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
So I'm brand new to E-Cigs in general, I've hit a couple and become interested in buying one but I am completely lost on where to begin. I found the Nicotine Nirvana - Joye 510 E-Cig Starter Kit with USB Charger $28.99 Free Shipping!
but I wanted to see what you guys think is good or may be better. Cheaper price is always nice. I prefer a strong cigarette type feel, if that helps :)
Definitely get a two battery kit , Mr outlaw is exactly right with that explanation . I started out with a mini ecig and quickly realized that it was not going to keep me satisfied. So I went to the kgo and it worked perfectly for me . Like Mr outlaw said as well, only real difference between x2 & kgo is the threads ( where you would screw your cartomizer, clearomizer,tank, etc. On ) x2 being 808 and kgo being a 510. They do make adapters that turn a 510 to a 808 and vice versa . The ecig world is huge and there is many devices and delivery systems , like variable voltage , variable wattage , etc. But the x2 or kgo is a great start , easy to use , I'm sure you won't be disappointed . Also I would recommend sticking to ecf vendors , there is a list of them under forum suppliers . Good luck and have fun with it .http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-suppliers/

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/coupons/

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Definitely get a two battery kit , Mr outlaw is exactly right with that explanation . I started out with a mini ecig and quickly realized that it was not going to keep me satisfied. So I went to the kgo and it worked perfectly for me . Like Mr outlaw said as well, only real difference between x2 & kgo is the threads ( where you would screw your cartomizer, clearomizer,tank, etc. On ) x2 being 808 and kgo being a 510. They do make adapters that turn a 510 to a 808 and vice versa . The ecig world is huge and there is many devices and delivery systems , like variable voltage , variable wattage , etc. But the x2 or kgo is a great start , easy to use , I'm sure you won't be disappointed . Also I would recommend sticking to ecf vendors , there is a list of them under forum suppliers . Good luck and have fun with it .http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/forum-suppliers/

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/coupons/

For me, I enjoy the mini when I am out of the house. It's just smaller, more compact and feels like a cigarette. At home though, I vape too much for a mini, I would have to constantly charge the battery. That's why I use smokeless image. I can use their mini on the road and it lasts longer than most, but at home, I can take that same carto or ce3 off my small battert and put it on my x2 and vape all night.

(sorry for the typos on the first post, it was early in the morning and the stupid auto-fill on my iPad did some funky stuff)

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Well, I think Bloog >> SI. SI just has the forums packed with reps to constantly drum up business. Bloog cartos are the best blanks out there IMO, SI (XL) cartos have packing and filler problems (do a search). I have both here now. Bloog has the long manual bats which I loved and moved to which SI doesn't have at all in an 808 cig look. I have the X2 bats from SI which are great, but IMO the 808d selection at Bloog is superior as are the cartos. I'll be honest: I'm on the outs with both companies as they both screwed me over, but Bloog 808ds and cartos>>SI. And I am familiar with both product lines.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Kind of along the lines of the OP, but i read a thread where someone suggested getting two kr808 mega batteries, charger, adapters, & 510 carts. Would this be ideal for someone who wants a cig sized vaporizer or should i just get the volt?

A mega battery is not cigarette sized, it's the size of a sharpie. 510 carts will not fit 808 batteries without an adapter. Generally the adapters do not work with automatic batteries.

Smokeless image sells carts, clearos and ce3's, which is what you would buy in 510 anyway.

Check out this video which describes everything you need and also demonstrates "mega batteries" (x2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o&feature

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Well, I think Bloog >> SI. SI just has the forums packed with reps to constantly drum up business. .

Huh? You think the people here who recommend Smokeless Image are just shills for SI? Surely you jest. SI may or may not be better or worse than Bloog, but that's a pretty low blow at the people here who are just trying to help a newb.

You, of course, are welcome to your opinion that Bloog is better than SI. You may be right. I have no idea. But you are DEAD WRONG about your other accusation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread