Brand New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Welcome to the rabbit hole Jay.... You will find me behind one of the doors that you have to eat or drink something to get smaller or was that bigger...

Can't answer the question really... I have yet to find anything that tastes like burning tobacco with tar and smoke.... Could try licking an ash tray... Hear that comes close...

Welcome, Jaycea...

It's darn near impossible to exactly mirror a tobacco flavor, but I thought that "Congress" from V2 came close. The problem there is that they are overpriced over there, and they aren't selling the juice for that flavor.

Once you get up to 5 non-spammed posts, you can check out some of the other threads here on the forum and have access to more people that might have an answer...I know plenty of people used to smoke Parliaments.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Thanks...for the welcome. So much information on here. I see a lot of purchase an Ego answers in regards to what type of e cig is right for an individual. Would you recommend a 510 or a K808. It seems from the descriptions they are similar.

From what I've read on the forum the 510 is the most popular but the kr808 is pretty popular also.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Thanks...for the welcome. So much information on here. I see a lot of purchase an Ego answers in regards to what type of e cig is right for an individual. Would you recommend a 510 or a K808. It seems from the descriptions they are similar.

510 connection is a female thread vs a male thread on 808... You will find the majority of pv's have a 510 connection therefore many more options for atties, cartos, clearos, etc...

Maximillian

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2011
Nebraska
Heyas Jaycea22,

510 and 808d are thread types (or connector types). They are the two most common connectors, as far as I know. You have to match the atty or carto type to the batt type (or buy an adapter). There's a greater variety of atties/cartos available for the510 thread (from what I've seen). After a couple pos local purchases, I ordered an ego, which has the 510 thread. Since then, I've tried probably a dozen different atties/cartos with it. I'm definately not disappointed with it.

I recently bought a mod with an 808d thread, and the 808d does have it's strong points also.

If you're looking for an ego type pv, you could do worse than to take a look at E-Liquid and Electronic Cigarette Shop - Category Listings . Click the 20% off button in the upper left corner, and you'll find 510 big batt kits starting at ~$30 (for a riva 510). I've ordered from liberty flights a few times now and found their service to be great.

Hope this helps. Feel free to post any other questions :D

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

kristiaan_d

Nov 13, 2011
south wales
Hi Jay welcome to the site, im fairly new as well to all this vaping crazyness.

I bought a Riva-T kit and am already making a list of bits i want when i get paid, the Riva-t kit has a 510 thread from what i understand so far :)

im still smoking a few cigs but i found im now using the riva more and more.

good luck for your future vapings!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Thanks for the insight guys. I'm gonna have to do some research. Wouldn't want to go through buyers remorse and go back to analogs

You can pick one and get an adapter for it......adapters are cheap and can be bought for .99 cents at goodprohets.com
so if you decided on a Kr808 then the adapter you would need to use 510 atties or cartomizers would be 901,808/ 510

they always list the battery first and then what they will fit......so if you picked a 510 battery you would use 510/910,808D adapter.....sometimes they list it as just 808D on the carto side, but you get the idea...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread