Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
'Little chicken' or 'Small but aggressive', take your pick.

On a whim I decided to buy 2M of 12mm plexiglass tubing, 15mm is my usual and I've done some 10mm too, so something midrange sounded nice.

For the 18350, the tube is 13/16" (3/4" ID) and for the atty side I didn't have anything suitable, 1/2" is 12.7mm, and the wall on 1/2" tubing is just a bit too thick. So I got a 1/2" brass nipple like this one:

BRASS%20NIPPLE%20TL-6108919.jpg

I De- threaded and de- hex nutted and lightly sanded inside to fit the tubing nicely. Cut so one third is for the top and the rest for the bottom. The tubes were brazed together and the caps, legs and switch were done as I usually do and the bottom of the atty tube was drilled partly to 1/2" to fit a magnet for the atty connection. The atty practically built itself and then it was done:

IMAG1545.jpg

Or was it? Yes that is quite small, but you might notice the clearance with the mouthpiece does not leave much room for a finger on the switch and how often do you want a knuckle going in a nostril? That mouthpiece is aluminum press fit into aluminum and sanded smooth.

So I took some 8mm stock and a slightly longer anodized tube and did as I do for the 15mm atties:

IMAG1546.jpg

Wait, no, that is way too much o-ring and the mouthpiece is much too nipple like, maybe for a 10mm atty but not here.

Now the 10mm stock gets a turn:

IMAG1547.jpg

Better, much better. But, it seems i took a little too much off the top edge from both sides and that is pretty sharp. Either put it on the mini mini lathe (dremel + toothpick + sandpaper) or see if I have a short length of 12mm stock ready to use, which I did:

IMAG1544.jpg

Here they are all together, going in order from left to right:

IMAG1548.jpg

Quite stealthy in the hand:

IMAG1552.jpg

Nice fitting too:

IMAG1550.jpg

Now it is a very satisfying device indeed. Thanks for looking! :)

gravewolf

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2012
Philippines
Good gawd that would be torture that Guantanamo wouldn't even do :D

I think you just need to shave off all your body hair and you'd look good in a swimsuit :p I'm down with the flu today and I'm knee deep in work cause the mods being upgraded just keep increasing with each batch and I need more sleep! I'm really itching to find time to finish my own mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread