Breaking in a new coil. Am I doing this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
I hate changing coils as I'm afraid of the burnt thing.:blink:

What I'm doing:

Turning my voltage/watage down to the lowest setting. Add juice to my tank and let it wick up for 5 min or longer. Then I fire a few times to prime things up, without inhaling. After that, I turn the v/w up to where I like it.

Is this correct?

TIA

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Put juice directly on your coil and wicks first to prime them, then assemble and fill the tank. Wait for 5, do not fire it to prime it that only Risks burning it. Take a couple unfired draws on it, start power low and vape slowly raising vape by vape up to your normal level. Making sure your getting nice saturated vapes otherwise it it seems like its drying, lightly blow one shot of air into the mouthpiece to release the tank pressure and get your juice flowing

Last edited:

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Right handed people think with the left side of the brain

Left handed people think with their right mind lol

I can use both my hands after breaking my arm twice as a kid... So... I dont use any half of my brain? :S

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Coils in your what?
It might affect the suggestions...

But I agree with on post that mentioned the "unfired draw" - I do this with most new coils - I draw and give it "tentative" voltage - short burts of voltage while drawing, til I can TELL that it's getting juice, and I'm getting vapor. Then it's good...
I usually don't bother letting it sit and soak...

I do though remove 1 strand of wick from a ProTank coil. It lets more juice in, so it can "keep up" - and I still don't get leaking...
(Most of my liquid is about 50/50 PG/VG).

I hate changing coils as I'm afraid of the burnt thing.:blink:

What I'm doing:

Turning my voltage/watage down to the lowest setting. Add juice to my tank and let it wick up for 5 min or longer. Then I fire a few times to prime things up, without inhaling. After that, I turn the v/w up to where I like it.

Is this correct?

TIA

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
weird im right handed but vape with my left, feels natural haha

I'm only doing that because I have to mouse with my right! Whatever hand I'm using to [ingest nicotine in whatever context] can't be doing anything else! Nothing must stand between me and my nic! :D

But I always smoked with my right, since I was outdoors doing nothing more earthshaking than reading a book. ;)

Andria

EDIT: to bring this back to topic: I don't do anything much special when I put in a new coil. maybe dab a drop of juice on each side of the wick that sticks out. I always take priming draws, because of the cotton flavor wick. *shrug* If it doesn't taste right, I grab a carto instead and deal with it later. Generally by yanking the coil open to find out what's making it taste bad. If it doesn't look burnt, I put it back together and try again, and tell myself I imagined that bad taste. That actually works a surprising number of times. :D

Andria

Last edited:

Istand

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Miami
pape8eha.jpg
yqa8y8y4.jpg

This is working great, good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.