bright dots on lips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hey all,

Today i saw that i have some bright spots on my upper lip, i found it disturbing, i don't have any idea for how long its like that but its definitely not normal and wasn't like this.

Its weird because you can't really see it unless you look for something, i was just looking up the mirror all the face areas ( yeah yeah yeah just like a girl >.< ), than i saw 2 bright spots on my upper lip, its close to center but its on both sides.
Looks like its the areas where i put the drip tip, if i'll try to find logic explanation maybe its because sometimes i don't put the whole drip tip in my mouth and half of its opening is directed right to that spots and when i vape , vapor hits these lip parts. No idea...

I tried to stretch my lips to see whats going to happen to that spots, i saw small bright dots on these spots. Also these spots a little numb. Any ideas? Is that the PG or the juice skin contact? or maybe i burned my lips a little with hot vapor ?

I'm kinda worried:unsure:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Could be the beginnings of an allery. Pg or flavoring agents? You can develop a new allergy to almost anything at any point in your life.

I'm not a doctor. (I am a retired physician's assistant and RN) However, I recall a similar reaction that my daughter had when she was a child. It started the same way and got worse. Pediatrician was consulted and it was determined to be caused by an allergy to Sunny Delight drink. We stopped using that drink and the condition went away.

It could also be any number of things. There's a condition called Fordyce Spots. It could also be the beginning of human papilloma virus. In any case though, if you are concerned, see your physician.

Fordyce spots

upload_2016-8-11_16-40-33.jpeg
HPV

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Could be the beginnings of an allery. Pg or flavoring agents?

I'm not a doctor. (I am a retired physician's assistant and RN) However, I recall a similar reaction that my daughter had when she was a child. It started the same way and got worse. Pediatrician was consulted and it was determined to be caused by an allergy to Sunny Delight drink.

It could also be any number of things. There's a condition called Fordyce Spots. It could also be the beginning of human papilloma virus. In any case though, if you are concerned, see your physician.

Fordyce spots

View attachment 587977 HPV
No its not like that its just bright spots, no dots unless i stretch the lips and even than the dots are extremely small. sec i'll make a photo

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Thats what i actually was thinking, lately i've been vaping on 180w all the time for like 2-3 weeks.

180W is quite warm. You can try going lower wattage with a different drip tip away from the dots if you can, and see if they go away. Or, you can go to your doctor to be sure it's nothing else, and then go to a lower wattage with a different drip tip. That's the one I'd follow. Feel better!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Try another drip tip AND see your doctor.

My stance has always been IF you have ever been a smoker, then any lumps, bumps, spots, tightness, soreness, whatever, on lips, in mouth, tongue, throat, etc. needs to be medically evaluated.

And that means forever. Vaping doesn't un-do damage that we may have already set into motion at a cellular level, etc. esp. if you were smoking for decades like many of us.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Try another drip tip AND see your doctor.

My stance has always been IF you have ever been a smoker, then any lumps, bumps, spots, tightness, soreness, whatever, on lips, in mouth, tongue, throat, etc. needs to be medically evaluated.

And that means forever. Vaping doesn't un-do damage that we may have already set into motion at a cellular level, etc. esp. if you were smoking for decades like many of us.

Very well put and it is something many of us forget. My sweetheart always says that we better hope our years of smoking doesn't come back to haunt us.

Reactions: MMW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread