British Scientists question US 'youth epidemic'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
The older I get, the more things keep changing. I can't use the OK hand symbol now, what I thought was a nuetral, generally friendly thing. What else am I doing that might be seen like this? I used to wear a JNCO Hooded sweatshirt that I recieved as a gift. Loved that thing, it was so comfortable. One day someone told me what the letters stood for in popular culture (which I am clueless to lol). No wonder I got so many hateful looks, and I had no idea it stood for anything but a comfortable hooded sweatshirt. What a crazy world we live in.

Smoke-fee

Oct 3, 2019
vaping" data-source="post: 22133333" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
If you created a nice world map with markers showing all the people who suffered from "proven e-cig ( of any kind) related pulmonary disease or problems" you would find all the markers in the USA.

Strange isn't it.
Lawsuits and Settlements
  • In 1994 the attorney general of Mississippi, Mike Moore, sued cigarette manufacturers to recover the Medicaid costs of caring for patients with smoking-related diseases. His counterparts in Florida, Texas, and Minnesota soon followed.
  • In 1998 the attorneys-general of the remaining 46 states entered into an agreement with the five largest cigarette makers. This Master Settlement Agreement included restrictions on cigarette advertising and promotion (such as an end to the use of billboards) and required the tobacco companies to make annual payments to the states totaling $206 billion through 2025.
  • Ironically, the more cigarettes that are sold, the more money accrues to the states; and only a small percentage of this revenue is earmarked for campaigns to reduce demand for tobacco products. Also in the mid-1990s, revelations by former cigarette company employees gave momentum to thousands of individual and class action lawsuits against the tobacco industry brought by the families of dead and dying smokers.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Let's just prosecute Mom, too (although she does appear to be involved)

Why on EARTH would we not prosecute MOM too, ESPECIALLY if she was involved. Vaping illegality doesn't get a free pass. Once it becomes an illegality I will have to decide what to do, but quite frankly, the law is the law. If you have NOT learned that yet, well....

There have been FAR more unpleasant cases of like kiddos dealing and growing while living in their grandparent's home and THE GOVERNMENT comes in and confiscates EVERYTHING (including the home) and the elderly adoptive parent has NO CLUE.

This seems rather unfair, especially when you are counseling the under age juvenile about their behaviors and if they have an "addiction" diagnosis, you can't even warn the damn GRANDPRENTS.

THAT is unfair. This example not so much.

If moms got to do whatever they wanted JUST because they were moms, I would be the Leader of the Globe, negotiating with the Aliens, and the Clintons and Obamas would be exterminated, they would be FIRST on my list, anyway.

I am now waiting for that law that says mothers can break all laws with impunity! I'm not sure Trump's the man for the job though.

Anna

Political references are tongue in cheek EXCEPT the leader of the globe part. I am super serious about that.

DarrenMG

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Why on EARTH would we not prosecute MOM too, ESPECIALLY if she was involved. Vaping illegality doesn't get a free pass. Once it becomes an illegality I will have to decide what to do, but quite frankly, the law is the law. If you have NOT learned that yet, well....

Amen.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Why on EARTH would we not prosecute MOM too, ESPECIALLY if she was involved.

Why not indeed? Maybe we could have mom cells or even a mom wing in the slammer. For Felicity and Lori and this one, whatever her name is. Mothers of the year... :facepalm:

cakes488

Apr 22, 2015
New York

There have been FAR more unpleasant cases of like kiddos dealing and growing while living in their grandparent's home and THE GOVERNMENT comes in and confiscates EVERYTHING (including the home) and the elderly adoptive parent has NO CLUE.

This seems rather unfair, especially when you are counseling the under age juvenile about their behaviors and if they have an "addiction" diagnosis, you can't even warn the damn GRANDPRENTS.

THAT is unfair. This example not so much.

If moms got to do whatever they wanted JUST because they were moms, I would be the Leader of the Globe, negotiating with the Aliens, and the Clintons and Obamas would be exterminated, they would be FIRST on my list, anyway.

I am now waiting for that law that says mothers can break all laws with impunity! I'm not sure Trump's the man for the job though.

Anna

Political references are tongue in cheek EXCEPT the leader of the globe part. I am super serious about that.

What the .... are you vaping? Good Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread