Status
Not open for further replies.

Amiaji

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
North Carolina
I bought five broken twist batteries a couple weeks ago and finally got around to checking them out today. I bought them fully expecting none of them to work but since I like tinkering with things I thought I would give them a go. If nothing else the parts would be worth what I paid for them.

Of the five 2 of them won't work at all. The first one the light just flashes when you push the button. No voltage output or anything. The second one the light comes on normally but no output. And something rattles around inside of it when you shake it. I guess something has come loose. It may be an easy fix I will just have to try it and find out.

The other three I haven't found anything wrong with. The voltage output may be a little off from the stated voltage but they adjust up and down and fire an atty just fine. It looks like I got real lucky with this batch.

Bottom line is if you like tinkering with things I would recommend picking up a few of Erik's broken stuff. Who knows you might get lucky and some of them work, or at least have some parts to build or repair other things with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread