Broken tank?? Atlantis II

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I have had issues in the past with cheap knock off drip attys--you know, the screws strip out and they become useless. But, for a $10 investment--so what, buy another one.

This last one though, has me baffled. It's an Atlantis II. I know, I know, it's an old and dated tank, but it was my first tank and I really like it. I certainly have several other tanks that are better, but there's a certain nostalgia with the Atlantis, and....1. It never leaks, and 2. I have a ton of coils and accessories for it. The problem is this: it just doesn't work. I cannot get a connection with the coil in the base. No matter what I do, no matter which coil, I just get a short in the atty. Everything looks perfectly normal, but for the life of me I can't figure out what could be wrong. Any ideas??

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdurand
I have had issues in the past with cheap knock off drip attys--you know, the screws strip out and they become useless. But, for a $10 investment--so what, buy another one.

This last one though, has me baffled. It's an Atlantis II. I know, I know, it's an old and dated tank, but it was my first tank and I really like it. I certainly have several other tanks that are better, but there's a certain nostalgia with the Atlantis, and....1. It never leaks, and 2. I have a ton of coils and accessories for it. The problem is this: it just doesn't work. I cannot get a connection with the coil in the base. No matter what I do, no matter which coil, I just get a short in the atty. Everything looks perfectly normal, but for the life of me I can't figure out what could be wrong. Any ideas??

What kind of mod are you using. Some manufacturers like Wismec delivered mods with bad 510 bases.

Reactions: Jdurand

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Knowing that base I can't think of any way you can create a short with the Atlantis base, short (heh) of dropping something metallic down inside there before screwing a coil on. So - same as Tommy-Chi asked - what gear are you trying to use the Atlantis with that has the problem?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
If you can't get a connection you would get a "no atomizer" message, not "short". (at least that's what I get with all my mods)

If you're really getting a short, switch the cartridge (atomizer) as you might have a faulty one. If it does the same with another, check the threads and inside the base for something off, a piece of wire, etc., as there's got to be something touching both positives and negatives. Make sure that the cartridge is straight and not hitting the sides wrong.

If it's a connection error, clean the parts, test the base with another mod, tester if you have one. If the tank/base is fine with those, then it would mean that it's the mod's contact tip that's the issue.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The base of the Atlantis is press fit. It may have started to separate some. This would hold the contact pin of the coil away from the contact pin of the mod.

I have one, and the biggest issue I find with it is that the cartridge can be a bit of a pain to screw in perfectly every time. Until the OP states if it is a short or bad contact.. well, not much more in advice can be offered at this time.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I have one, and the biggest issue I find with it is that the cartridge can be a bit of a pain to screw in perfectly every time. Until the OP states if it is a short or bad contact.. well, not much more in advice can be offered at this time.

Agreed.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

fitzinthewindow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2015
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Thank you for all the replies! Here are my responses:
It's not the mod--I have six different mods and they all do the same thing. ( Wismec RX200, Cuboid, Praxis, Eleaf Istick, etc....
You're right--it is not a short, it is a "no atomizer found" message". I'm not getting contact.
I have tried four different coils--three brand new ones--and different coils from different packages.
Yes, I have had the pin issue before--mostly with clone coils--sometimes you have to pull the pin out a bit to get it to make contact.
Yes, the pin will push thru the bottom of the atty. I've tried adjusting it, still can't get it to work.
I have put the base on my ohmmeter, and I get no reading.
So I got my digital ohmmeter out and checked for continuity--it checks fine both on the ground and the pin. ???
I guess the darn thing is broken!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread