Brrrrand New to Vaping - From Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
Hello folks!! James from Richmond, kY here. We were hired to DJ the Lexington, KY vape Meetup that was last night - and in the process, I became a vaper :)

We made some purchases & won a lot of great giveaways - and I'm now equipped with the EGO vaper with a cool lil clearomizer :) LOVING it!!! And today, I've only smoked one cigarette when normally I'd have had at least 9-10 so far!!!

The great vapers in Lexington told me about the forum and so here I am!! Looking forward to all the great info here!

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
When did Kentucky get the internet :lol: Welcome and happy vaping!

lol Scotti :) we're kinda progressive these days... well some of us... some are still barefoot, pregnant - sitting in the outhouse trying to send smoke signals to everyone that vaping is baaaaad for you!! But the rest of us are pretty savvy ;) Glad to be on board lol

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
ty ty! and even got my better half involved who has never smoked a day in his life! He does like to smoke cigars sometimes, so I thought hey let's get him some 0mg juice, and sure enough - he loves it. So unlike smoking, vaping is something we can even do together and he actually enjoys sitting next to me again hahahaha :)

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
a small update... vaping in the last 24hours went from 15 cigs... to 3! and had a cig this morning... how gross!!! put it out halfway thru and grabbed my french toast juice from leet vape for breakfast instead :)

NOW maybe you understand why so many people hook onto vaping and NEVER look back at a cigarette!:laugh:
And why Big Tobacco and the FDA is 'alittle?' upset.;)

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
Here is a thread I started a few days ago. It should get you 'up to speed' on some issues we are going through. Becoming a member of CASAA is a great idea! And the fact that you're a DJ might help us considerably!

The Right to Choose | None | Utah Vapers

We actually had a fund setup for CASAA at the Vape meet. We ran into some opposition with a director of the ky tobacco policy center that is based out of University of Kentucky. Fun times :)

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Yes, I'm well aware of the issues with dear Dr Hahn. Was she there?:laugh:
From all that I've heard, your vapemeet when on without a hitch from naysaying media or protesters, is this correct?
How much were you able to raise for CASAA? At our last vapemeet here in Indiana, we were able to raise quite a bit of money, which was all donated to CASAA.

Oooppss sorry, just looked up and realized I posted the wrong link for you! Try this one instead.:oops:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/320240-future-vaping.html

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
Yes, I'm well aware of the issues with dear Dr Hahn. Was she there?:laugh:
From all that I've heard, your vapemeet when on without a hitch from naysaying media or protesters, is this correct?
How much were you able to raise for CASAA? At our last vapemeet here in Indiana, we were able to raise quite a bit of money, which was all donated to CASAA.

Oooppss sorry, just looked up and realized I posted the wrong link for you! Try this one instead.:oops:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/320240-future-vaping.html

She did not show. But she and I work for the same university, and even as a non-vaper at the time, I was 'fuming' (all puns intended) that she used university letterhead and the university name to try to direct policies at a private business (the hotel). I sent my concerns onto the ethics committee at the university.

But the meet was wonderful!! First year for it here, and I think Matt said there were 150 people or so - so not bad. I think the controversy actually helped. But we had a great time, and we've already signed on for next year as well!

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Welcome to ECF! I'm so glad the vapemeet in KY went well last night. And looky here! A new convert! Ask any questions you might have, make yourself at home and have a vape with us.:D

Ignore the welcome from Kay! Stay away from Kay. All she will do is point out more tanks that you will want after you say to yourself "now I have enough". She is bad.

:p

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Ignore the welcome from Kay! Stay away from Kay. All she will do is point out more tanks that you will want after you say to yourself "now I have enough". She is bad.

:p

:lol: Don't you just think YOUR the funny one!?

Huuumm...a few old sayings come to mind here:

"Pot calls kettle black"
"Takes one to know one".
:pervy:

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
LOL yeah i'm begin a bit eager already - asked my new vape "mentor" from Leet Vape about three-coil carto's being punched for 6ml tanks :) I may want too much too soon? lol

I have a cool clearomizer right now that has a 2.4ohm coil in it with 2 long wicks. I also have a pack of silicon carto's that are 2.4ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread