Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I just want to point out that Dr. Hahn does indeed have a doctorate, BUT it is not in medicine. It is in nursing. A completely different study plan, most likely but not necessarily in public health. I would be interested to know what field of nursing it is in (public health?), but I do know whatever it was took a LOT less time than a medical doctorate. So, she is NOT a medical doctor. She has mastered the art of statistics and innuendo. Pointing THAT out is very important, since she is going out there as a Dr. and talking about medical stuff people might assume she is a medical doctor and give her more credence than she deserves.

That would be like my friend who has a doctorate in geology, Dr. Andersen, going around saying she knows medical stuff cuz she is a doctor. NOT true.

And before any nurses get their panties in a twist, I am a registered nurse myself.

ETA: copy and paste: In contrast, the level of training between physicians board certified in an area of specialty and a DNP working as a primary care provider is not intended to be comparable. A physician will typically have 4 years of undergraduate education, 4 years of medical school, and 3 to 8 years in paid residency (e.g. family practice, internal medicine, radiology, neurosurgery, etc.). Physicians often continue by doing a subspecialty or fellowship (e.g. cardiology, nephrology, oncology, etc.). In contrast a typical DNP will have 4 years of undergraduate education, experience as a registered nurse, and 4 years of advanced practice education (e.g. women's health, pediatrics, anesthesia, etc.

So, medical Dr.: minimum 11 years. Nursing: 8 years.

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
well,,what i got from that is somebody trying impersonate a smart person
also,may contain 500mg of nicotine,if they ban the vape meet they will also have to remove tomatoes,egg plant and a lot of other nicotine containing vegetables also

may contain 500mg nic,may also cure lung cancer

golly,don't i sound smart

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA

It's unfortunate the article falls into the trap of itself using antiscientific propaganda.

out of town patrons were forced to book smoking rooms, and as such, had to be subjected to what Hahn calls 3rd hand smoke (the residue left on carpets, furniture, drapes, and walls left by cigarettes). In a sense, these non-smokers were by Hahn’s definition, put in harm’s way by her very actions.

Implying that third hand smoke is a danger is completely bogus. I don't know if this came from CASAA or was from the author, but it's in bad form.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Went through all princpal links and even a couple secondary...what a read!

Kudos to all involved,well done.

Now...any replies,confirmations,anything yet from all that?

The University responded that they have forwarded our complaint to the ethics committee.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In the highly unlikely even Hahn is fired, can we make it a vaping holiday?
We can call it Ellen Hahn day haha
I'm guessing "reprimanded" while being told in no uncertain terms to shut the hell up.

My guess is that she quits, taking a lucrative position in the pharmaceutical industry.
And our quest to defile her will continue unabated.
:)

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Report Ethical Issue

To report an ethical issue, you may call 1-877-898-6072, file a report online, or contact your supervisor/chain of command, through the Office of Legal Counsel, or through member(s) of the Ethics Committee. Click here for details.

University of Kentucky | Office of Legal Counsel

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
I think Ms Hahn will live to regret the day she decided to write that letter on university stationary, she left herself wide open for the reply with the truth that Carl and Elaine wrote. One more place to forward it to would be Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing, FAAN, they may not appreciate her using their name in the signature.

:evil::vapor::vapor::vapor::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread