Lexington Vape Meet Met with Opposition from Univ. of Ky Antz Professor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
I was looking for flavors before I started diy'ing and read somewhere in this forum the person had gone to their pharmacy (in a small town) and had bought a bunch of flavors that are used to add to baby medicine. So I went to the CVS across the street from me and asked the pharmacist if I could buy some baby medicine flavoring. The guy wanted to know which baby medicine I was using and I explained I wanted to use it for making my own ejuice for vaping. I asked him what was in the flavoring for BABIES and he gave me the list of ingredients. The base is pg. He did not sell it to me because he was concerned about vaping.

So not only has pg been used in hospitals, they're the base ingredient for baby medicine and baby flavorings.

Jfresh859

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
LOL and HE didn't want to sell it to you because he was concerned about vaping. I'll bet he'd have sold you a carton of cigarettes tho.

I'd report that. It doesn't require a scrip. It's sold all over and he is refusing service based in a prejudice. I'm sure he wasnt the owner, I'd make a call

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
I was looking for flavors before I started diy'ing and read somewhere in this forum the person had gone to their pharmacy (in a small town) and had bought a bunch of flavors that are used to add to baby medicine. So I went to the CVS across the street from me and asked the pharmacist if I could buy some baby medicine flavoring. The guy wanted to know which baby medicine I was using and I explained I wanted to use it for making my own ejuice for vaping. I asked him what was in the flavoring for BABIES and he gave me the list of ingredients. The base is pg. He did not sell it to me because he was concerned about vaping.

So not only has pg been used in hospitals, they're the base ingredient for baby medicine and baby flavorings.

"... because he was concerned about vaping." Odd. I don't frequent CVSs much, usually using a more conveniently located Walgreen's for drug store type goods. At that Walgreen's I noticed that BluCigs were now being sold along side of cigarettes. Wonder if that CVS is keeping up with the competition. Wondering if he was more specific in those concerns? I suppose it is possible that the concern of the pharmacist was that the flavoring/liquid in question was not suitable for making a vaping liquid instead of concern about vaping per se. Seems possible as well that the "did not sell" was simply a recommendation followed instead of a -- I will not sell.

KevNewEngland

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Attleboro, Massachusetts
wkevin.com
Kevin when is the next lex vape
Meet. There's some store that supposedly opened on southpand. Anyone been?
I'm not from the area, so I wouldn't know.

Well, it appears that the crap she had posted on the UK College Of Nursing website is no longer there. (I couldn't find anything) Hopefully, that is just the beginning!

DJJames

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2012
Lexington, KY
Kevin when is the next lex vape
Meet. There's some store that supposedly opened on southpand. Anyone been?

The annual Lex Vape Meet (I believe) is looking at dates sometime in the spring or end of summer 2013. But I dont think think they have decided anything for sure yet. There is a group on here Bluegrass Vapers where they post the dates/times/locations.

There is a monthly meeting of Bluegrass Vapers and from what I've read it's usually in Louisville. But seems to be a great group. I haven't been yet. There is a thread

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
It's unfortunate the article falls into the trap of itself using antiscientific propaganda.

Implying that third hand smoke is a danger is completely bogus. I don't know if this came from CASAA or was from the author, but it's in bad form.

Stubby, I can assure you that Dr. Phillips emphatically does NOT believe in "third-hand smoke" danger. That was an attempt to further point out Hahn's hypocrisy. If SHE believes in "third-hand smoke," then SHE, by virtue of her own beliefs, is asking the hotel to expose non-smoking vapers to her magical "third-hand smoke" in smoking rooms. I agree it probably could have been emphasized a bit more that risks of third-hand smoke is pure junk science, but he clearly put the third-hand smoke claim on Hahn, whom he is in the process of exposing as a person who lies.

dee5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Northwest Arkansas
Haha! Lets see, what would that look like? 1. Person sitting next to smoker in a bar directly breathing the smoke. (second hand smoke) 2. The late night clean up person wiping down the bar gets "third" hand smoke on her hands. 3. Clean up person makes his/her spouse suck their fingers clean when they get home later that night= "fourth hand smoke" !! TaDa!

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Haha! Lets see, what would that look like? 1. Person sitting next to smoker in a bar directly breathing the smoke. (second hand smoke) 2. The late night clean up person wiping down the bar gets "third" hand smoke on her hands. 3. Clean up person makes his/her spouse suck their fingers clean when they get home later that night= "fourth hand smoke" !! TaDa!
laughing.gif

Dee, you're just too funny !!

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I've gotten curious about the outcome of this letter. Has there been a response from UK or the AG?

Not to my knowledge. And since this was sent, Ellen Hahn has sent out several emails to staff reminding them that eCigs, emphasis hers, are included in the tobacco policy. Damn crusaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread