Status
Not open for further replies.

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Hi everybody. Here is my new battery mod with varivolt and built-in charger. The purpose was to make very compact and light weighted device "all-in-one": varivolt, passthrough, charging from a standard micro-USB cable. Also device is supposed to be used the whole day without recharge.
I used the great booster from Happy Vaper as DC-DC converter, AW IMR battery 18650, small USB charger board (modified) and self made electronic button on MOSFET.
Here is result:

Attachments

• 23_body.jpg
    23_body.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 409
  • 24_ready.jpg
    24_ready.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 25_ready_connectors.jpg
    25_ready_connectors.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Yes, I made the case from glassfiber tissue with epoxy. Then glassfiber covered with very thin natural leather (old passport cover, made by turkish and bought in London оn a flea market very, very long time ago :) )
Actually the case is a tube. The case wall is about 1.5 mm including leather. Outer dimensions (without atomizer) 80x38x23 mm.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
OK. I purchased this board (couple in parcel): 2Pcs USB 5V Lithium Li-ion Battery 1 Cell Charger Board | eBay
I tested it, and it works perfect: 4.20 volts maximum charge voltage.
Of course I cut some "spare" board parts and got very small board approx 14 mm in diameter. Schottky diode on input was repositioned and resoldered.

P.S. Actually you don't need this big diode, but I prefer protection, so I kept it on its place.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Thank you! You just ask me, how I fixed the booster in the body. It was mostly complicated task :)
I wanted that the booster could be released from my mod absolutely intact, just in case. But it has to be fixed very reliably, because you screw in and out atomizers. So I choose the pin construction. Drilled 2 holes in the booster body (1.3 mm) so, that through them goes still wire, very hard. This wire goes without messing to connector. Then I positioned the booster with the wire on the board with a rubber o-ring and used an acrylic compound to fix the wire. Important to rotate the wire by pliers before the compound hardens, otherwize you can have difficulties to remove it.
That's it. You just make a needed piece of wire as a pin and always can fix the booster or remove it.

Attachments

• 9_booster_holes1.jpg
    9_booster_holes1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 142
  • 10_booster_holes2.jpg
    10_booster_holes2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread