Meritline Led Torch

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo_tdo

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
Missouri
Finally got what I ordered from Meritline.

It runs about 23 bucks and shipped free to me in about 2 weeks.
Figure in that it DOES come with a battery. So it really is a decent deal.

Portable Power-High Luminance LED Torch

I originally got it so that I could sink a batt connector and switch into the led adapter that comes with it. But the damn led is so bright and works too good for me to F it up. (Still might though if I can get the led adapter separate)

So instead I had a m201 batt crap out on me so I took it apart and will just add a switch to it and add a dc jack connector to the bottom of the battery tub.

I know the info is lacking in some places on the site so I'll add what I know:

It contains a 18650 battery (not sure if the one included was protected). Nonetheless the protected batt I had fits in there just fine too. The batt box also incorporates it's own safety protection and charger.

You can charge the battery by hooking the box up to a usb port.

The box bumps the battery up to 5v and outputs at 1 amp

I know that the 18650's average around 2400mah but not sure how long it last in this case after the dc to dc conversion.

It comes with an led torch adapter, a retractable usb cable, and some attachments for the cable. (such as charging your phone, a mini usb connector, and a standard male usb for charging the batt).

It has a nifty feature to show you the remaining capacity of the battery. To turn the power on you need to press the button on the batt case.

It runs my passthrough I made for my m201 fine. However for what reason it will not run my m401 passthrough that I bought. Really not sure why, I was under the impression that all it needed was 5v at 1 amp.

Like I said, It would make a fantastic 5v rechargeable flashlight style mod. It will also work great for homemade passthroughs. I know there are some fans of the rca connectors. If you wanted to add one to the led adapter it would work great for all your homemade passthroughs.

Here's some pictures I took of what's included.

100_0604.jpg

100_0605.jpg

100_0606.jpg

100_0607.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0609.jpg

100_0610.jpg

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Nope no miss, looks good. Why not sink the rca connector into the led torch adapter?

Very tough , the head is all sealed, would have to brake/cut it in order to get inside and I was lazy about messing with it.

Another guy in the forum (don't remember who), got it also and said he would post pics on his own version, but I have not seen it yet.

Hope you post pics when you are done, will be cool to watch what you made with it.
___

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
What do you mean sealed. Mine comes apart. It does look like it was supposed to be sealed. I mean the top screws off and you are looking straight at the led assembly and pcb.

Damn guess i'm off to crap shack

Hmmm, interesting, I have one from DX and one from Meritline and they are sealed somehow, I just double checked right now. :(

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread