Ego Booster FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
At this point I can't say much more about the MPV than what's on our coming soon page. Oh, I could blab on for a screen or two's worth, but we don't like talking about our products until they're ready to go. Just keep an eye out for updates. I will say we're really excited about it. We were vaping away on prototypes at the Vegas vape back in August and at least one really spiffy camera was pointed at us for an interview, so there should be something kicking around on youtube or maybe elixertv archives. Not sure what actually got posted.

TBL36

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
+1 on all this. I also recently got my booster warrantied. It went very smoothly. My knob quit working as well as the guts coming out of mine. Double whammy.

My replacement booster lasted all of a week before it started coming apart, and due to the nature of the way it came apart, it wasn't long after that until the wiring inside broke. The wiring that connects the top and bottom connectors of the booster are just 2 very thin wires. Those thin wires don't hold up well when the connectors come loose from the body.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
GIMike,

We're having some bad luck with your Boosters. Sorry for all the frustration. Based on what you posted in another thread, you continued to use the Booster after the bottom came loose, and without trying the temporary fix we suggested. Using a Booster with a loose connection is almost always going to break those wires. I get it, though. Over the years I've wrecked more than one vaping device because it wasn't convenient for me to fix something and I just wanted to vape. And vaping with a VV device is almost worse because once you've found your sweet spot, it's almost impossible to go back. Heck, one time I stopped at an electronics supply store and charmed my way into their back room to use their soldering equipment because my PV at the time (one of my first mods) had a loose wire, and the idea of the hour drive I had to get home, without a PV, was intolerable to me.

Anyhow, I trust you've been discussing this with our customer service rep and we have a 3rd Booster on its way to you?

TBL36

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Based on what you posted in another thread, you continued to use the Booster after the bottom came loose, and without trying the temporary fix we suggested. Using a Booster with a loose connection is almost always going to break those wires....

Anyhow, I trust you've been discussing this with our customer service rep and we have a 3rd Booster on its way to you?

Actually I've given up on the booster and will find more reliable VV vaping elsewhere. But thanks for pointing this out to me. I mentioned that I was being extremely careful with the booster after it fell apart but if you feel the need to point out to others that I used it after it broke so that it makes me look bad and not your product, then more power to ya. I'm sorry that I can no longer support a product that is so cheaply made that it falls apart after a week of use. Good luck, it's a great theory and prototype you've designed. Hopefully when your quality control level gets high enough to put out a well-made product, I can become a customer once again.

thinblueline36

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2010
Vancouver, BC Canada
Maybe to try to be careful before the booster is broken? It's small and light weighted, so we should use it carefully.

Unfortunately a few Boosters have gone out with a loose bottom connector. No matter how careful the user is with these Boosters, the bottom connector is going to come out. We've caught the problem now and are in the process of replacing any Boosters with this flaw.

Any Booster users who find that the bottom connector is coming loose should do the following:

1) Go to artisanvaping.com immediately and, if you have not already done so, fill out the warranty registration, being sure to include the serial number contained in your Ego Booster manual.

2) Inform Artisan Sheila of the problem. Her contact info is on our website.

3) If the bottom connector has already come out, put a dab of epoxy on each side and shove it back, then let the epoxy dry. This is ONLY A TEMPORARY FIX, NOT A SOLUTION, but it should keep you vaping at your sweet spot until you've received a replacement Booster.

Please note: If you've lost/thrown away your Ego Booster Manual and no longer have your serial number and have yet to register your warranty, you'll have to ship the defective Ego Booster to us before we can issue a replacement.

Obviously we're somewhat embarrassed about the defective Boosters, and to those unlucky few who've received them, we're working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

TBL36

slimest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2011
Russia, Moscow
ecigroom.myqip.ru
Dear developers, what about to change minimal voltage from 2.5 volts to, say, 3.0 оr even higher? 2.5 volts is critical, and a user actually can't get much power between 3.2 and 2.5 volts ;)
I understand, what does it mean, if you use an eGo battery. But... maybe as an option... Or adjustment... Just dreaming :)

Last edited:

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Will this work on SmokTech eGo ePower Mod Starter Kit - Black 2800mah - MyFreedomSmokes.com with a Smoktech Dual Coil Tank?

Would love to vape at the higher volts on my 2800mah batteries. I am already on day 3 of same battery without charging

I know I've already answered you by email the other day, but I'll put it up here too so everyone gets the benefit, yes, the Booster will work on the Smoktech Mod kit, but you may need an extender to make sure it sits flush.

FsckCigs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2012
PA
I have an EB on the way, and am looking forward to it's arrival...would like to have a definitive answer from the manufacturer regarding, specifically, the Joye 18650 mod (which I don't own but will consider picking up, if it works with EB). Is there any "official" word on using EB with this particular Joye model? I checked the website FAQ but didn't see any mention of it. If it doesn't work, no prob, can just use a diff mod, but would be nice if these cost-effective Joye mods work because it would eliminate the need for adapters and would likely look purty good to boot...

Any EB user's personal experiences with these would be welcomed as well!

Also: what is the actual resistance range which is considered to be "standard" in EB context? Edit: found the answer to this upon re-reading FAQ. For any interested readers, it's 2.5-3 ohms.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Will this work on SmokTech eGo ePower Mod Starter Kit - Black 2800mah - MyFreedomSmokes.com with a Smoktech Dual Coil Tank?
glare.gif

Would love to vape at the higher volts on my 2800mah batteries. I am already on day 3 of same battery without charging
I think yeah it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread