Budget friendly but durable unsealed atomizer help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
It has become apparent that my foray into rebuildable atomizers is a dismal failure. Despite getting the coils right, the ohms right and doing everything everyone has ever suggested to help right...including changing my DIY recipe to a lower percentage flavor...I'm a failure. The A7 rba on the Bogger box using a mere 3.7 18650 battery is simply too harsh. I'll think things are okay...but then it happens. Again. The searing TH destroys any enjoyment from the vape. Now I have an extremely sore upper back palate and throat. It'll be days before it heals again. Screw it. I'm done with RBAs. I just don't have the gift.

BUT I do like atomizers. I have the Vmod (love it) and use the pro spec slant coil atties (2.2ohm) and all is golden all the time. I got a Cisco Spec 306 LR atomizer from Avid and like it very much on my Bogger. But both options are...shall we say...a little pricey? At least for someone who vapes around 10ml.+/- a day (3.5mg nic) and averages good life from the above high quality atomizers for about 7 to 10 days solid (exclusive) use. If I'm lucky. That averages out to about a dollar+ a day using an atomizer. I'm hoping for something a wee bit better if possible (thus my miserable attempt at RBAs)

Any suggestions? I am looking at the East Mall 510 2ohm atomizers at Stormy's. Also the 510 bridgeless atomizer there. Do they hold up? Which is better (if either of them are). I also have wondered about the 510 Boge at Vapor Beast. How about them? Do I need a drip shield? I still don't "get" how those things work. Do they just snap on? Or what? What about drip tips...does the standard 510 tip fit the shield? Are they needed with a bottom feeder that has a large metal drip cup? Do those kind of atomizers leak? The Vapage "shifus" (pro spec) and the Cisco Spec don't. They don't need a drip shield, either. (The Cisco just uses a funny little plastic mouthpiece that covers the whole atomizer.)

I sure hope someone here can help. I love my bottom feeders..both Vmod and the Bogger. And I am thinking about maybe getting a REO in the next couple of months. The BFs are all I use now. I just really need some help with finding atomizers that will hold up well, and vape reasonable reliably without burning my mouth and throat like the rba...yet will be fairly budget friendly.

If the vape apocalypse comes I guess I'll be screwed. Me and rebuildables don't appear to have a future together. Sigh.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
You know. I've been trying bottom feeder Atties and still have a few to go. I wanted something to replace my boring Joytek Atties. I'm not alone here when I say Joytek from a reliable source are great. They do have a break in period. Everytime I open a new one I start my search again! Then I remember about break in. Some break in more quickly. Maybe it's the different juices. Dunno. If you shop right you'll find them on sale is best I can say. There is a thread about dripping started by Mrmann
There is a site there has them sometimes for very very reasonable. 2.2 ohm. If you want cheap and reliable. They really do last but not always! Every atty manufacturer can put out a dud. I bought a high reserve atty. paid $9.00- ish and it started out right and went to 2.00 in a day. Oh well. It didn't die
Oh and I was going to say. Dilute your mg nics down. For some reason RBAs deliver the goods and high nic will result in worse hit plus overdose on nic....namely nausea. Just in case you go back to RBAs.

Last edited:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Empire Mods LR atomizers. They are supposed to be comperable to the cisco specs, but are a few dollars cheaper. Great customer service at EM too.

LR Atomizers

Oh...that would have been GREAT!!! But...dangit!....the highest LR they seem to have is 1.8ohm, and that's too hot for me. 2ohm is where I bottom out...and 2.4 is about as high as I can go and still enjoy my juice. Phooey.

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
As for those Boge 510's you mentioned from VaporBeast -- you do not have to use a drip shield with it. You can if you want to, but totally not necessary. You will need to use a drip tip, any 510 drip tip will be fine. The site does not specify if these are bridgeless or not. It is easy to remove the bridge if desired.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Best advice: wait till Vapage has a half-price sale and load up on their atties at $4.50 each. I still have ten or so from the last sale. I like Avid and Empire atties a lot, but those Shifus are the best on the Vmod, and for $4.50 they're an incredible bargain.

I definitely agree about the shifus on the Vmod. Totally excellent atomizers...and I'm praying for a good sale soon. I'm down to 7 unused ones in my stock...and have 5 more in rotation atm. I need more more more! lol!! BUT I'm not so sure about them on the Bogger Box. I'm currently using a Smok 2ohm carto on it..and it's fine. Only have one Cisco left so I'm trying to eek things out until after the first of the month.

I think my question in the OP primarily is regards to the bottom feed Bogger Box. I need atomizers for that in 2ohm more than anything.

y cherry y

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Ypsilanti, MI
I definitely agree about the shifus on the Vmod. Totally excellent atomizers...and I'm praying for a good sale soon. I'm down to 7 unused ones in my stock...and have 5 more in rotation atm. I need more more more! lol!! BUT I'm not so sure about them on the Bogger Box. I'm currently using a Smok 2ohm carto on it..and it's fine. Only have one Cisco left so I'm trying to eek things out until after the first of the month.

I think my question in the OP primarily is regards to the bottom feed Bogger Box. I need atomizers for that in 2ohm more than anything.

Yeah, the Shifus' airiness when used as a straight dripper can be somewhat remedied by putting a drip shield on it, which tightens the draw. My post was meant as a sideways answer to your question. There are no super-cheap atties that taste as good and last as long as Cisco, Empire, Ikenvape and Vapage atties. If there were, nobody would pay the $6-9 those guys charge. I don't like the taste of genesis atties or silica, so I pay for the flavor I want. And for $5 (on sale), there's no better quality atty deal than the Vapages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread