Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
No I don't think someone with his attitude has any chance and don't care if he blows himself up

I didn't have to read any further than that. I kinda thought that's where you were coming from, but I try not to assume things or jump to conclusions about people. Thanks for clarifying it :thumb:

That's really pretty sad.

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
I didn't have to read any further than that. I kinda thought that's where you were coming from, but I try not to assume things or jump to conclusions about people. Thanks for clarifying it :thumb:

That's really pretty sad.

Yes well that explains why you are willing to give out information to help people do dangerous thing when I'm not. You read the whole post and then use the brain before responding. But hey if I get to be a veteran I will do my best to hand out the information to keep everyone capable of doing stupid things with ease. You are totally irresponsible but want to have a go at me for actually showing some sense.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal

This is what I use and it works very well as long as the data input is accurate. Well worth taking the time to learn it.

Raydan, I do respect you opinion and I do agree with you in many of your other posts, you are always trying to help people here, that's very true.

But this time I have to desagree, pointing someone to a calculator does not help him understand ohm's law neither the safety aspects of vaping with that low of a build.

That is only a calculator, even if he play with that for 1 month he still don't know what ohm's law about, let alone the safety side.

It's like teaching math with a calculator, you will achieve the results but never understand the formulas that allow you to achieve that results.

No one in this thread really helped him, but like Norris said, if someone new to vaping browse that sarcastic post he will think, damn, why is that build worth of such sarcasm, and probably he will browse other threads about ohm's law and safety and understand why that "guy" was so harsh

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
I'm with Miroko on this one. I don't think I should be ashamed of myself, nor should miroko or anyone else for being "harsh." Exploding batteries are probably a lot more harsh than a little sarcasm. You were all just eager to teach him how to build a 0.15 ohm coil? I don't think an atomizer checker or even your mod is accurate enough to be confident you're right at 0.15 ohms, even expensive equipment has a degree of inaccuracy. If his ohms are off by just .02 (which is very easy), all of a sudden his amperage is above 30 amps. Heck, and we don't even KNOW if he has a 30 amp continuous battery. 0.15 is just a stones throw away from a dead short.

And I should be ashamed for sarcasm when the guy is scoffing at safety, which means he obviously doesn't take it very seriously? Even myself would never turn down additional safety knowledge.

I'm not crazy about people building below 0.2, period. I just think you need a safety net. I can't stop people from doing it, but I'm certainly entitled to give my opinion, whether that opinion is laced with sarcasm or not. I just find it humorous when novices demand tutorials but scoff at the wisdom. Its frustrating to me.

hippesthippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit, MI
You guys do realize that none of those coils are going to fire at 4.2 volts, right? I mean, safety yes. But you should at least give off the appearance that you know what you're talking about if you want an individual who could obviously care less to listen.

In all honesty, I always use Steam Engine to calculate my builds. It's accurate as all get out. Amazing, really. Great, great tool for any builder.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Since people seem to be insinuating (repeated quotes) i'm supporting unsafe things by doing nothing more than linking the coil calc, let me ask you something...

How many of you went back through OP's previous posts to determine what equipment/battery he was using before posting a reply?

Because I DID.

The attitude of his initial post basically guaranteed that any "You're in the danger zone" comments would've fallen on deaf ears, so i verified he likely wasn't in immediate extreme danger and gave the information he asked for, were the 'parenting' statement not in the OP, i would've added a warning, like i ALWAYS do.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Raydan, I do respect you opinion and I do agree with you in many of your other posts, you are always trying to help people here, that's very true.

But this time I have to desagree, pointing someone to a calculator does not help him understand ohm's law neither the safety aspects of vaping with that low of a build.

That is only a calculator, even if he play with that for 1 month he still don't know what ohm's law about, let alone the safety side.

It's like teaching math with a calculator, you will achieve the results but never understand the formulas that allow you to achieve that results.

No one in this thread really helped him, but like Norris said, if someone new to vaping browse that sarcastic post he will think, damn, why is that build worth of such sarcasm, and probably he will browse other threads about ohm's law and safety and understand why that "guy" was so harsh

Thank you miroko, I appreciate that.

You also make a very good point, I should have paid more attention to the safety issues involved in this case and I will in future as I usually have done in the past. I did not know about the previous thread and that he doesn't have a ohm checker or DMM, but I also didn't look at previous posts. My bad.

I answered his question so he would have a tool to help him design coils accurately. If anyone thought that was an unsafe thing to do they could have either discussed it with me or posted the safety information. I don't want to go over it again, we know what was posted to him. I disagree with the sarcasm and insults. In post #17 I linked to a concerned person trying to help this person with the hope that people would see the difference and understand what I was talking about. IMO that is what ECF is all about and people who read that thread in the future will certainly understand that there was a problem and what the problem was :)

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm with Miroko on this one. I don't think I should be ashamed of myself, nor should miroko or anyone else for being "harsh." Exploding batteries are probably a lot more harsh than a little sarcasm. You were all just eager to teach him how to build a 0.15 ohm coil? I don't think an atomizer checker or even your mod is accurate enough to be confident you're right at 0.15 ohms, even expensive equipment has a degree of inaccuracy. If his ohms are off by just .02 (which is very easy), all of a sudden his amperage is above 30 amps. Heck, and we don't even KNOW if he has a 30 amp continuous battery. 0.15 is just a stones throw away from a dead short.

And I should be ashamed for sarcasm when the guy is scoffing at safety, which means he obviously doesn't take it very seriously? Even myself would never turn down additional safety knowledge.

I'm not crazy about people building below 0.2, period. I just think you need a safety net. I can't stop people from doing it, but I'm certainly entitled to give my opinion, whether that opinion is laced with sarcasm or not. I just find it humorous when novices demand tutorials but scoff at the wisdom. Its frustrating to me.

Millah, you didn't insult him as I said in my post and I did not say you were sarcastic. You were however the third person to give the OP a hard time and not offer any real help. As I also already said I probably should have upped the nic a bit last night.

I understand your safety points and I agree with them, but as you say none of us can stop anyone from doing something dangerous. IMO we can only educate and hope for the best. What got to me was three people giving the OP a hard time and not posting any safety information. The OP came here for help. Yes, he could have been more safety minded, but that's not in our control, it is what it is with each case we get. He could just have taken a wrap off his coil to see what happened and repeated that until either the battery vented or he was happy with the vape. He chose to ask for information instead.

I get frustrated sometimes too, but I try to keep that in perspective and keep an open mind to what all the repercussions could be when I post. We can all do that if we want to and we can all add to the conversation with more information when we see the need if we want to. The idea of giving up on someone because they don't consider safety the same way I do is not an option for me. Sarcasm when helping someone is also not an option for me.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Since people seem to be insinuating (repeated quotes) i'm supporting unsafe things by doing nothing more than linking the coil calc, let me ask you something...

How many of you went back through OP's previous posts to determine what equipment/battery he was using before posting a reply?

Because I DID.

The attitude of his initial post basically guaranteed that any "You're in the danger zone" comments would've fallen on deaf ears, so i verified he likely wasn't in immediate extreme danger and gave the information he asked for, were the 'parenting' statement not in the OP, i would've added a warning, like i ALWAYS do.

I posted the link too xtwosm0kesx, but I didn't go back through his previous posts. As I've said, my bad. I think the chance that harm might come from this is balanced by the chance that having the calculator will make the OP's next build safer.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You guys do realize that none of those coils are going to fire at 4.2 volts, right?

The coil won't fire at 4.2v, but the battery will when it's fully charged. That means battery amp draw is calculated using 4.2v while coil power is calculated using the voltage over the coils under load.

But you should at least give off the appearance that you know what you're talking about if you want an individual who could obviously care less to listen.

I'm just going to think of this as the snark thread from now on :lol:

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland

Because I DID.

Good job that any random person couldn't read his post and then from your response, but more from Ryedan's continual posts, think that there was nothing wrong with this guys questions. And assuming that someone was sensible enough to ask a safety question about a cheap charger understands ohms law is a huge leap of faith.
So your actually going to stand by your position?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Good job that any random person couldn't read his post and then from your response, but more from Ryedan's continual posts, think that there was nothing wrong with this guys questions. And assuming that someone was sensible enough to ask a safety question about a cheap charger understands ohms law is a huge leap of faith.

There is never anything wrong with a question. If the person is on the wrong path, help them. This poster did just that. You OTOH responded with 'Well obviously you do if you are thinking of doing this build but don't know enough to be able to work it out. Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?'.

Then you said to me 'I don't think someone with his attitude has any chance and don't care if he blows himself up'.

Seriously?

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
Ryedan if you want to continually try and criticise me while trying to justify your totally irresponsible response that's fine but I've had enough of your stupid stubbornness. You were in the wrong and I did admit what I had done wrong, but then I am man enough to admit being wrong even on a forum.
You seriously think posting the same quote from me makes your dangerously irresponsible response OK?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010

Yep.

After you get a few more "Hey, how do i build x to burn my face off with vapor like my buddy" threads under your belt, you'll also learn to pick your battles.

But hey, next time i won't post the calculator and just let him wrap random #'s and gauges to see what happens while he reads the incredibly helpful posts in the thread like the very first reply:

Well obviously you do if you are thinking of doing this build but don't know enough to be able to work it out. Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?

Interestingly enough, at no point in this thread do you offer ANY safety advice the the OP, just sarcasm followed by baseless attacks.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
At what point did you conclude the build was unsafe? You have no knowledge of his abilities, his device or his batteries or did you in fact just see a low Ω and freak out?

I'd not promote dangerous builds, but you have to realise that a lot of veterans here have seen a torrent of posts from Ego users for example wanting to make huge clouds with subOhm coils.

Perhaps we all ought to have a little think about how we'd do it a little differently - 'what are you running, how long have you been vaping' and so on. I personally don't give a flying fig if people blow themselves to oblivion, but i'd rather they got considered advice from people that use those builds rather than someone on youtube that does it to show off.

T

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
At what point did you conclude the build was unsafe? You have no knowledge of his abilities, his device or his batteries or did you in fact just see a low Ω and freak out?

I'd not promote dangerous builds, but you have to realise that a lot of veterans here have seen a torrent of posts from Ego users for example wanting to make huge clouds with subOhm coils.

Perhaps we all ought to have a little think about how we'd do it a little differently - 'what are you running, how long have you been vaping' and so on. I personally don't give a flying fig if people blow themselves to oblivion, but i'd rather they got considered advice from people that use those builds rather than someone on youtube that does it to show off.

T
If he hadn't suggested that safety wasn't an issue at this low a build I would have tried to direct him to the right info, well probably not because 20 mins is usually a long time for a question like this to remain unanswered. As to how low is getting into the unsafe area, it does totally depend on the equipment so if the equipment isn't listed you HAVE to assume that the person asking the question (and any others who might read this) doesn't have what is needed so the safety info needs to be given (even if you know what he has from previous dealing others can read the thread!!!!).
I honestly think that most people have read enough before attempting this low a build, but anyone who doesn't have an ohm's law calculator bookmarks either hasn't made many coils or really needs pointed in the right direction. I'm not going to waste my time posting safety info to someone who thinks it doesn't matter and although I don't care if idiots like that kill themselves I'm not going to help them.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
If he hadn't suggested that safety wasn't an issue at this low a build I would have tried to direct him to the right info, well probably not because 20 mins is usually a long time for a question like this to remain unanswered. As to how low is getting into the unsafe area, it does totally depend on the equipment so if the equipment isn't listed you HAVE to assume that the person asking the question (and any others who might read this) doesn't have what is needed so the safety info needs to be given (even if you know what he has from previous dealing others can read the thread!!!!).
I honestly think that most people have read enough before attempting this low a build, but anyone who doesn't have an ohm's law calculator bookmarks either hasn't made many coils or really needs pointed in the right direction. I'm not going to waste my time posting safety info to someone who thinks it doesn't matter and although I don't care if idiots like that kill themselves I'm not going to help them.

WHOA.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread