Building a 0.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
FL
"Don't lecture me on safety, but please tell me how to hit 0.15 with dual coils"

If you don't already know how to get to a particular build, then you obviously haven't done this enough, and therefore don't know enough about what you're doing. Which would kind of warrant a lecture on safety, especially when you're trying to go below 0.2. So if you're going to ask others to do all the thinking for you, you should probably also be grateful for any safety wisdom they wish to share as well.

Have fun!

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well obviously you do if you are thinking of doing this build but don't know enough to be able to work it out. Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?

Yeah, who needs lectures about safety.......

Just go for a 0.000000000001 ohm build , wick it with your bath towel, go to a power plant and feed it with 10 Gigawatts and you're good to go.

/end sarcasm mode

So I assume both of you think you promote safe vaping, yet neither one of you gave any real information or advice on safety issues or how to it safely. You said things like 'Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?' and 'Just go for a 0.000000000001 ohm build , wick it with your bath towel, go to a power plant and feed it with 10 Gigawatts and you're good to go.' Yup, that was really unhelpful and actually quite insulting! Once Livionthetrack gets past your sarcasm and insults, I'm sure he now knows exactly how to vape safe :facepalm:. Nice job guys!

"Don't lecture me on safety, but please tell me how to hit 0.15 with dual coils"

If you don't already know how to get to a particular build, then you obviously haven't done this enough, and therefore don't know enough about what you're doing. Which would kind of warrant a lecture on safety, especially when you're trying to go below 0.2. So if you're going to ask others to do all the thinking for you, you should probably also be grateful for any safety wisdom they wish to share as well.

Have fun!

'If you don't already know how to get to a particular build, then you obviously haven't done this enough, and therefore don't know enough about what you're doing.' So since he doesn't know how to achieve the build he asked about, he hasn't done this enough :blink: and he should not ever do it because he obviously doesn't know enough about it. Yup, that may be why he's here asking for information to help him learn and do this safely.

'you should probably also be grateful for any safety wisdom they wish to share as well'. So please tell me what safety wisdom they shared.

At least you didn't insult him :thumb:

He had not tried it yet when he posted. He knew enough to ask before trying it and what he got was a lot of crap from you guys and no help.

This is not what ECF is all about.

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Norrin, miroko and Millah...you should all be ashamed of yourselves. Comments and posts like yours are the problem NOT the solution! Being directly sarcastic or accusatory to someone who is asking a simple question is extremely childish.

Livionthetrack, If you're using 22G Kanthal then for ~.15 using Dual coils - 7 wraps each coil over a 2mm screwdriver should net you .13-.16 depending on the leg length.

raige93

Jul 4, 2014
Palmyra, PA
My personal favorite is 5 wraps 1/8th inch bit duals. Reads .16 with Kanthal, .1 with Gplat. I'd suggest going with the Kanthal, pulse amperage rates are sketchy and not given in those charts you see people post to give vapers the go-ahead on really low resistance builds. Those are safety sheets from the battery manufacturer to the company using the batteries in laptops and other devices. That being said, my ADV is below .2 USUALLY, unless I'm vaping menthol, in which case it's more around .35. Make sure your batteries are safe! I know you said you don't need any parenting and I hope I'm not coming off as doing so! Vape on my friend :vapor:

hippesthippo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Detroit, MI
I like 6 wraps, 3/32" ID, dual coils with 22g. Still a little hot for me though. I much prefer twisting something crazy up with slightly higher gauge wires for a cooler vape with similar production. Check out twistedmesses' Fused Clapton Coil. Parallel 26g 316L, claptoned with 34g Kanthal A1 is my fav right now. Pop's like crazy without being overly hot. 6 wrap single coil was around .2

I'd been using VTC5's, until they ran dry. Discovered the LG He2 batteries are actually quite nice, though I've heard the Samsung 25r's are also solid.

Last edited:

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
When someone ask something dangerous that don't know anything about it and say " I don't need parenting on safety" I read that as a arrogant , and looks like that was not only me that perceived his post that way. 128 views and no one helped him.....why I wonder..

Because he didn't really want any help, he was just interested in how many wraps he need. And ofc, if he don't know how many wraps he need to achieve that 0.15 build, he don't know enough to make it safe. That why the sarcasm and the lack of replys, no one wanted to take part on a possible accident.

Sarcasm is so much offensive as arrogance.....

I tough ECF was here to promote knowledge and safety, not potencial accidents.

If you think building a 0.15 it's the same as choosing the color of your next car....then maybe I was wrong.

And yeah maybe I was in need of some vape when I wrote my reply.

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
What would I have to wrap with 22ga to get a .15 with dual coils?
And I don't need any parenting on safety.
Thanks in advanced

This is what I use and it works very well as long as the data input is accurate. Well worth taking the time to learn it.

The guy wants to build something potential unsafe yet says he doesn't need safety advice and I'm the bad guy for pointing out the stupidity of this not the people who point him straight to something that he should know about anyway?
Should I just have posted the safety stuff for him and not made a point? Maybe, but posting the resources without the safety advice was totally irresponsible....so that's what ECF is about? Lets promote unsafe thing and not warn of any dangers!!!!!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Liveonthetrack, tell us more about the hardware you plan to vape a .15 ohm coil on. What kind of battery is in your mod? What mod are you vaping? Do you realize that your .15 ohm coil will draw 91 watts of power and 24 amps of current at 3.7v? There are few batteries that can safely handle that amount of current even in pulse mode.

When you state that you don't need any parenting on safety, but don't know how to calculate all these important parameters, we worry about your safety and don't want to be part of the explosion that could occur. If you want the data, disclose some information.

Maybe his post was a spoof just to see what we'd say.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Liveonthetrack, tell us more about the hardware you plan to vape a .15 ohm coil on. What kind of battery is in your mod? What mod are you vaping? Do you realize that your .15 ohm coil will draw 91 watts of power and 24 amps of current at 3.7v? There are few batteries that can safely handle that amount of current even in pulse mode.

When you state that you don't need any parenting on safety, but don't know how to calculate all these important parameters, we worry about your safety and don't want to be part of the explosion that could occur. If you want the data, disclose some information.

Maybe his post was a spoof just to see what we'd say.

And if is ohm meter is not accurate enough, just a 0.04 misread will put him at almost 40 amps. ( with a fresh battery 4.2 v)

Ryadan and forth, read this thread,

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...batteries-off-charger-early.html#post14187122

this is the guy you were so eager to help, while point it out how childish and disrespectful I was for being sarcastic to a arrogant post.

And if you go trough his post history , it's obvious that he doesn't have a clue of what he's doing.

One more thing, you said I was childish because I answer with sarcasm and didn't help when OP did a simple question.
First , he didn't ask a simple question, saying "help me doing a bomb but don't tell about safety" is not a simple question, it's arrogant and stupid.
Second, he didn't want to be told about safety remember?

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
When someone ask something dangerous that don't know anything about it and say " I don't need parenting on safety" I read that as a arrogant , and looks like that was not only me that perceived his post that way. 128 views and no one helped him.....why I wonder..

Because he didn't really want any help, he was just interested in how many wraps he need. And ofc, if he don't know how many wraps he need to achieve that 0.15 build, he don't know enough to make it safe. That why the sarcasm and the lack of replys, no one wanted to take part on a possible accident.

Sarcasm is so much offensive as arrogance.....

I tough ECF was here to promote knowledge and safety, not potencial accidents.

If you think building a 0.15 it's the same as choosing the color of your next car....then maybe I was wrong.

And yeah maybe I was in need of some vape when I wrote my reply.

I hear ya miroko and you make some good points. But IMO "Just go for a 0.000000000001 ohm build , wick it with your bath towel, go to a power plant and feed it with 10 Gigawatts and you're good to go" is going too far. It certainly does nothing to help the person be safe which is what it's all about.

And ya, I might have been a little low on nic last night too.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The guy wants to build something potential unsafe yet says he doesn't need safety advice and I'm the bad guy for pointing out the stupidity of this not the people who point him straight to something that he should know about anyway?
Should I just have posted the safety stuff for him and not made a point? Maybe, but posting the resources without the safety advice was totally irresponsible....so that's what ECF is about? Lets promote unsafe thing and not warn of any dangers!!!!!!!

So do you really consider this 'pointing out the stupidity of this' in a way that will actually help the guy: "Well obviously you do if you are thinking of doing this build but don't know enough to be able to work it out. Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?", or do you just want him to figure things out on his own and hope for the best?

I'm all for promoting safety, but what you wrote has nothing to do with safety.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Last edited:

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
What would I have to wrap with 22ga to get a .15 with dual coils?
And I don't need any parenting on safety.
Thanks in advanced

So do you really consider this 'pointing out the stupidity of this' in a way that will actually help the guy: "Well obviously you do if you are thinking of doing this build but don't know enough to be able to work it out. Have fun! Do you use a vapetowel?", or do you just want him to figure things out on his own and hope for the best?

I'm all for promoting safety, but what you wrote has nothing to do with safety.

No I don't think someone with his attitude has any chance and don't care if he blows himself up, but hopefully others who are unsure might see my post and realise the stupidity and actually want to know about the safety issues, this of course is pointless if the veterans think that pointing him to the info without even commenting on the safety issues is a good idea and then criticise people for pointing out the obvious.

ECF where the veterans will help you do whatever you want with no regard for safety is the message that you are sending out and enforcing by continually trying to mock me

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
And this is a very good example of a concerned person trying to actually help the guy. No sarcasm, no insults, no BS. After that if the guy doesn't respond it's his problem and it's on him.
He asks about safety and gets a reasonable answer :ohmy:
He asks about something unsafe (potentially) and emphatically says he doesn't want safety advice but ECF veterans think that he should be treated the same way:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread