Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Original RY4? Are you talking about the legendary RY4 created by Ludo (from Janty) in cooperation with Dekang? The one that is gone forever and was never recreated again because the recipe got lost somehow?

Anyway, when I think RY4 I think Dekang--everything else is an imitation! :lol:
Yep .. 10ml bottles from litecigusa.com, back in '09...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yep .. 10ml bottles from litecigusa.com, back in '09...

:hubba:

WOW! I'm seriously impressed. I really wanted to try it--because of its fame, mostly, but I missed the boat. We kept bugging Ludo and Mik Janty when they were still posting here, but they were never able to recreate the original. The only other person I know of who had a few bottles of the original Janty RY4 was @Kent C .

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.

WOW! I'm seriously impressed. I really wanted to try it--because of its fame, mostly, but I missed the boat. We kept bugging Ludo and Mik Janty when they were still posting here, but they were never able to recreate the original. The only other person I know of who had a few bottles of the original Janty RY4 was @Kent C .

I'd imagine it's similar to Coca-Cola. It's not quite the same as it once was, but memories are always better than reality. I bet if we found a bottle, or better, the recipe, we'd be sorely disappointed.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Some "interesting" :) ...discussion from awhile ago:

"RY4" thread of bill herbst… subsequent posts also good...

The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

and:

Ended up sending Bill (and a few others on that thread) some original Janty/Joye RY4 and other stuff from that time. Here's his response:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Some "interesting" :) ...discussion from awhile ago:

"RY4" thread of bill herbst… subsequent posts also good...

and:

Ended up sending Bill (and a few others on that thread) some original Janty/Joye RY4 and other stuff from that time. Here's his response:

I read it all in real time, dear! I used to follow Bill's thread; not sure why, though. I never cared for RY4--it did taste "like feet" to me too, to quote our friend Scottbee. Too dark, too sweet, too obnoxious. But others couldn't live without it. ;)

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
could be that's the way it was spelled :?: it definitely made the switch easy and then it was gone :( and the switch was no longer a given ............ sigh

I'm guessing that's how it was spelled. The switch has never been easy for me even after all this time.

Reactions: tiburonfirst

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
Thanks for the RY4 post Kent. I used to read through that thread. A great history of RY4. I tried a bunch of them back in the day. Never did taste the original though.

Katya I once had a white chocolate tobacco that was wonderful. It was a free bottle sent with an order and I never would have thought of that combination. It was discontinued right after I got my first bottle.:(

hey @dedi I think there's a good amount of people using cartos and cartotanks. I still use them....and CE2s, Protanks,Iclears etc.:toast:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks I'll mix some today.

Good luck! Just a touch! It's potent! A little goes a loooong way. You've been warned! ;)
BTW I thought I was the only one here who liked Dekang tobaccos!

I think Hangsen is/was the most popular among our tobacco aficionados. I don't vape a lot of tobacco flavors anymore, but this is a fun thread, in case you missed it. Great read, also!

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Last edited:

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
Good luck! Just a touch! It's potent! A little goes a loooong way. You've been warned! ;)

I think Hangsen is/was the most popular among our tobacco aficionados. I don't vape a lot of tobacco flavors anymore, but this is a fun thread, in case you missed it. Great read, also!

Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Thanks Katya. I skimmed through that thread a while back. Should take a look through it now though.

I recall hearing of a Dekang employee who made some of their recipes leaving to go work for Hangsen. It was several years ago.

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
A carto and a mech. Pure vaping pleasure.
Kecig.JPG

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
K--100 mech mod. I remember those. :thumb:
For $12, should be in every vaper's anti-FDA stash. The telescoping battery tube has no stops, so any battery from 18350-18650 will fit, even those misfits that don't quite fit another mod. eGo threading, too!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For $12, should be in every vaper's anti-FDA stash. The telescoping battery tube has no stops, so any battery from 18350-18650 will fit, even those misfits that don't quite fit another mod. eGo threading, too!
I sold quite a few of these when working in the vape shop a few years ago. Many vaper's first mech mod. What I remember, not very durable for a mech mod and had squeeky threading, but for the price I guess that was to be expected. Hope you enjoy yours. :)

Last edited:

Electrodave

LPV
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2015
Denver, CO
www.electrostring.com
I enjoy both of them very much. I also have a K-101. The carto sleeves are too cool, and I always have a couple of cartos set up. The K-200's otoh, were a real piece of crap. I also have an X-7 and a Kamry E-pipe. I bought the X-7 for old time's sake. Now I'm collecting deals from the younger days of vaping. I don't see it as flimsy--you would need to purposely abuse it to break it. The best locking ring I've ever seen, and the long throw magnetic switch is about as safe as you could get.

Reactions: Katya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread