Burning Cartomisers? Dangerous?-510/Kr808/4081...etc filler type cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't see it as flimsy--you would need to purposely abuse it to break it. The best locking ring I've ever seen, and the long throw magnetic switch is about as safe as you could get.
I don't know if the ones that were returned to the shop were abused or not...probably. I recall a couple whose switch were inopperable and a safety hazzard. The threading was soft metal so not very durable and easily crossthreaded. It was a cheap and cheaply made mod. I don't mean to appear to be snooty, but there were far better made mechanical mods available.

dedi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2010
Rochester NY
Hi, Dedi! Haven't seen you in ages! Good for you! Carto tanks were a godsend for us carto lovers! :D

Hiya Katya! I am around, just not so much here....found what worked, I liked it ECT ect.....now have to play "catch up" unfortunately. Can't find cartos any longer :( baaawaaa, woe is me! Lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Katya

zelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2009
Echo Beach
KaR=32019]@dedi[/USER] I think there's a good amount of people using cartos and cartotanks. I still use them....and CE2s, Protanks,Iclears etc.:toast:

I stocked up years ago every time there was an FDA
scare.

And where do you find these "antiques" nowdays.....? Lol[/QUOTE]

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thinking about you, Billy....

snoopy-happy-thanksgiving-facebook-cover.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Kent C

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Saved picture from 2011 before i started DIY
Can recall XL and regular size carto's used to vape them in what was called an Acorn tank in 2 different sizes still have the red thingy that i used to cut off off portion of outer casing.
Still have some pictured below.
I somewhat miss the "Don" Megladon here pictured in short 18350 mode with sleeve not shown accepted 18650
sold it long ago and a madvapes kits mod that one would build have several still and learned to solder in a volt meter ah those were the days.
The e-liquid in bottle was called 555, RY4 not pictured was tobacco express brand but did vape Dekang brand as well back then.
Don, ego batt, vv mod box, 50ml.jpg

Just took this blurry picture in a hurry -watching blackhawks game. ; )
HPIM1163.JPG

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can't believe this thread is still going. More so, I can't believe I never notice it. :D

Don't use cartos anymore, but still use cigalikes from time to time with mini tanks with replaceable coil heads from BestEcig (now there's a blast from the past). They even have cartos for those that still use them. I can't say how they are, never used them.

I'm moving away from KR808s and slowly replacing with 510s.

4aRXEJL.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread