Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
No nude dancing under the moon until next Tuesday :lol:

Get busy for a day and look at all I've missed again. I'm sure Kat can tell you where but I did pics of the Truman/Tru-Vapor cartos a while back. Has anybody ever found out who actually manufactures these cartos? I currently am suspecting Bauway, but need to look a bit further into it before I'm sure.

Joan Jett? You're scaring me now ;)

And here's a new one. I have a 510 carto I've never seen before. Yes folks there is one I haven't tried yet LOL Not even sure where it came from is the worst part. It's black with silver threads, but not a Boge. The filler inside reminds me of the Tru-Vapor cartos and the bottom of the threads is slotted like the Tru-Vapor, where the Boges are flat. It tests at 2.9 ohms. Anybody know anything about these?

There you go, Doll. I'm good, aren't I?

The carto, could it be the Kanger 510 from Vapors Etc? I had a pack of those. I don't have any left so I can't tell you if they were slotted... Or a WordupEcig. Other than that, not a clue.

I spent most of my night going through boxes of old papers and watching four back to back episodes of House. I recorded everything that is currently being offered on USA and Bravo. Well, what can I say? What can be more irresistible to a woman than a man possessing a brilliant, albeit twisted, mind; a tortured soul; and a sex-starved body? ;)

Originally Posted by WitchWay
ClumsyGirl sent me this 510 carto purchased from Truemans. It appears that Vapors Etc is now carrying these so we have a US supplier.

They test around 2.4 ohms and I used this carto heavily for 8+ days. I have NEVER used a carto that long without something going bad. The thing that went bad in this one was the juice at the very bottom got old and soured. If it wasn't for that I'd still be using it. It was used primarily on a Lazer mod, but the last day I did have it on the Chameleon for a bit.

First pic... I had already cut the tube off when I decided to take this shot, but this is what it looks like when looking in the top. I did wash this after I took the tube off and before I took pics as it was nasty with old juice and ya'll didn't really need pics of that :)

There is no visible wire up through the center when you look into it. As reason would have it, that would mean it has a horizontal coil like the SLB cartos

tm1.jpg

Must to my surprise when I unwrapped it, it has a vertical wire!!!!!! The filler is thick and pulled up over the wire so you can not see it when you look down into it.

Next pics are it opened all the way up and the wire assembly close up.

tm2.jpg

tm3.jpg

Yes there is a burn mark, but after 8 days of heavy use from me, that's dang good!! I'm betting the burn came at the very end when I had it on the Chamy. I never tasted it or could tell it was burned at all and I can usually tell that very quickly. I have an allergic reaction when the filler in cartos burn. I actually get sores on the roof of my mouth from it so I can always tell a burnt carto quickly. I never had any reaction to this one and no signs it was burnt at all so I'm pretty sure it happened right at the end. And or the filler is different somehow.

Summery... I love this carto. The juice wicked fast, it never clogged up on me, the draw was great, vapor fantastic and my juices tasted wonderfully. With the lower ohms I'm surprised it did not burn up quickly, but it did not, so this carto is now at the top of my favorite list :)

Last edited:

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
And here's a new one. I have a 510 carto I've never seen before. Yes folks there is one I haven't tried yet LOL Not even sure where it came from is the worst part. It's black with silver threads, but not a Boge. The filler inside reminds me of the Tru-Vapor cartos and the bottom of the threads is slotted like the Tru-Vapor, where the Boges are flat. It tests at 2.9 ohms. Anybody know anything about these?

I don't know what the filler in a Tru-Vapor carto looks like but all the rest sounds exactly like a 510 mega from NHaler.

paise

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2009
Quick1:

I goofed. For some reason I was thinking you were posting about pass-through units. D$#%# I hate freaking brain fog!

But anyhow, since you are rather knowledgeable about the cartos and how their innards work, can you tell me if pass-throughs are like attys and batteries and just stop working after a few months?

I have purchased at least 5-6 or so over the last year and each one has died on me. I've had the ones with the inline battery as we ll as those without the inline battery and all have failed within 2-3 months.

Since I can't see beyond my nose and not even that far on most days, it isn't as if I can drive and I live in such a rural area there is no public transportation so generally, unless I am out for a doctor's appt or tests (retinal eye disease, optic nerve defect, lupus (SLE), and Sjogren's), I'm at home. I hate using up my batteries if I can use a PT instead yet they don't work for very long before they quit.

It's not the wiring in the house or the outlets. They were all brought up to code several years ago when I had the wet room built for the hydrotherapy spa I use to help alleviate the pain from joint disease as a result of lupus and Sjogren's as well as the many many broken bones I had over the years. The most recent was in 2007. I spent most of that year in a leg cast from my knee to my toes after tripping over a Mag flashlight my youngest left on the floor and I didn't see it. I tumbled into our behemoth of a coffee table breaking bones on the way down and tearing tendons and ligaments then after the cast came off and went into the walking boot, she wanted a snack one night after I'd taken the boot off. I had to use a wheelchair because of nerve damage in my arms. The saucers were in the dishwasher where I couldn't reach them so I stood on my good leg only to lose my balance putting all the weight on the newly healed one, which I broke all over again and went back into a cast from the knee to my toes.

Also, I use surge protectors on everything since lightening hit close to our old house where we used to live and burned out 3 of our televisions not to mention blowing up my answering machine - literally. So, as soon as we bought the new house, I had DH change all the outlets, light switches, and even the washer/dryer outlets and change them out then had a certified electrician check the breaker box, which he brought up to code so the house, despite it's age, is electrically ok.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. I'm at a loss. Plus, I can't keep spending $10 to $15 plus shipping on new 510 PT units. I want one that will last more than 2-3 months but so far, no such luck.

Any ideas?

Paise

Last edited:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
not knowing much about chinese manufacturing, i'm just guessing but suspect trueman makes their own.

Trueman appears to only be a supplier not a manufacturer, but it does not explain why you had to put some of the cartos together.

There you go, Doll. I'm good, aren't I?

The carto, could it be the Kanger 510 from Vapors Etc? I had a pack of those. I don't have any left so I can't tell you if they were slotted... Or a WordupEcig. Other than that, not a clue.

You are better than good!!! Thank you!!! It's not a Kanger, much better quality than that.

<I'm not exactly "sex starved", but I'll give it a good "oink" anyway>

After watching the first season of House I now know why it's your avatar :lol: Two peas in a pod ;)

I don't know what the filler in a Tru-Vapor carto looks like but all the rest sounds exactly like a 510 mega from NHaler.

That's it!!!!! Thank you!!! I did not get it from nHaler though, it was the carto that came on my WetBox, hence the reason I forgot where I got it from. I had read somewhere else that they are the same as the nHaler ones though. Ok Mystery solved, now I have to use it and try it, it looks to be of good quality.

Happy Vaping!!!

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Ok, I'm not an expert by any means....

Basically the PTs (power supplies) being sold with the kits are ... well ... junk.

First of all there is the issue with being able to supply sufficient current. Let's take a standard Joye 510 ecig (w/battery). Joye 510 atomizers run about 2.2 ohms to 2.4 ohms. Joye 510 battery delivers something like 3.2 volts? Plug those figures into
Ohm's Law Calculator
and you get something like 1.5 amps current.

Ohms law relates volts, resistance, and current. Fix one of those 3 variables and the other two are directly porportional to each other. In our case the resistance is due to the physical attributes of the atomizer/cartomizer and for all practical purposes, fixed. In the example above the Joye 510 presents 2.2 ohms resistance. The power supply is going to have volts (potential) and produce some amount of current flow through that fixed resistance. Let's say the power supply has infinite capacity and you set the voltage on it to 3.2 volts. You would get about 1.5 amps of current running through the atomizer coil.

Now let's say you set the voltage on the power supply to 5 volts. With the 2.2 ohm resistance you would now get about 2.3 amps of current running through the atomizer coil.

So back to the regular Joye 510 kit, we're trying to draw 1.5 amps of current right? Let's look at the USB port on our PC for a power supply. The ratings on a (typical) USB port on a PC are 5 volts and can supply up to 0.5 amps... Well, we're trying to draw 3 times that amount of current. The resistance is fixed, the USB port can only supply 0.5 amps of current so that means that voltage has to give. You're not going to get 5 volts. Using the calculator and plugging in 2.2 for ohms and 0.5 for amps you're going to end up with 1.1 volts. Pretty weak right? That's why the PTs (without battery) are pretty much worthless when plugged into a PC.

Ok, the USB port will produce power (as wimpy as it may be) constantly. We don't hold the button on the PV down constantly. If we put a battery in line then we could store up while not vaping and release it (faster) when the button is pressed. Works pretty good since you're not vaping a lot more of the time than you are vaping. The problem is that it's a teeny tiny battery. It's not so much that it doesn't hold much it's just that teeny tiny batteries get really stressed when releasing relatively large amounts of energy in a short amount of time. So while you can get better performance while it works you're stressing the battery and it's lifetime as a battery is pretty short. A larger battery like a 14500 would last much longer but who wants that hanging from their cord. and they cost more.

In any event, the 5v PTs you usually get to plug into the wall are poorly made and woefully under rated/built for our application. Don't know the particulars but there are usually windings and/or some eletrical componentry in there that's all encased in resin (or not) and it gets stressed and it quits working. Lots of it is of the very cheapest Chinese manufacture overseen by the same fine quality control that our atomizers and cartomizers are manufactured under. I'll qualify my opening statement. It's designed/rated for requirements less than what we need AND it's junk. You're overdriving something that's woefully underpowered to begin with.

4 or 5 PTs... With that amount of use it sounds like it would be cost effective for you to invest in a quality power supply/PT. Something like this:

Enercell High-Power AC Adapter : AC Adapters | RadioShack.com

would be sufficient. Pick your voltage and it can supply up to 2 amps. Not quite enough but sufficient. And I would expect it to last years if you don't crimp the cord.
(you would need to get the correct plug for it to fit the device/PT you're using. A fixed voltage (3v or 5v) might be cheaper or more durable if not cheaper but you lose the flexibility to choose your voltage.

I'm not familiar with the 2 amp power supplies that someone (one of our suppliers?) has conscripted from China. The fact that it's rated for 2 amps says something for it. He was selling them for $5 or something before he starts supplying them to WallMart where he expects them to be priced at about $15.

No details but maybe that helps.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Any ideas?

A passthru is simply a way to get wall plug electricity to the connector.
It needs to be converted from AC to DC and produced at the right voltage. It's a power supply/converter, a switch, and a connector (for your atomizer/cartomizer). Most passthroughs are implemented as the battery portion of an existing PV. They utilize the switch and connector of the PV and simply screw on like a battery.

If you are going to stay with your current PV then you are restricted to passthroughs made for that PV and I don't have any suggestions. If you want to do a forklift replacement :)

BB (head only) from AltSmoke
BB Passthrough bottom from AltSmoke
Enercell power supply from Radio Shack -- model/cat # 273-333
Enercell adapta-plug size N from Radio Shack -- # 273-345
To use the BB as a regular mod get the bottom as well (for 14500 bats or 2xCR2)

You would be set for life :)

Last edited:

Brad-c

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
hawaii,puna
:offtopic:Aloha, Brad. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, it wasn't my intention. This thread is about cartomizers and we really must refrain from political discussions here. I just want to tell you that my remarks were not aimed at your or anybody else's political views. I have no idea what they are, to begin with. I never used the term "dictatorship" because I know from experience what a true dictatorship is. Having said that, I stand by my remarks, even though I shouldn't probably have posted them here.

All Good!:p

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I really appreciate the suggestions. Thanks Katya and Quick, I will give those a try. Still looking for suggestions on 6V+ cartos, (so I have more options to try )just reposting to try to keep it from being buried. Thanks

Buried? In this thread? ;) We'll keep you posted.

Ok, I'm not an expert by any means....

(...)

No details but maybe that helps.

Have you been golfing again, Quick? :p

All Good!:p

Mahalo, Brad.

Hey guys, I remember someone talking about the E2 cartos, can we get some more information and/or reviews on these and source?

WitchWay, Quick and Kent posted rather extensive reports here. They like them on their wet boxes the best, so far. Just look back in the thread, there are several posts.

WW is the only one who actually received the ceramic version from CoV (afaik). Hey, Witchgirl, come on, spill it...

<I'm not exactly "sex starved", but I'll give it a good "oink" anyway>

:p

Wilson: They could build monuments to your self-centeredness.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
Ok Kat this is my not so favorable report on the new E2s. This is the post I just put up on the technical thread. I'm waiting for the flaming to begin :lol:

Ok I'm confused, what exact miracle do you expect the ceramic cup to perform?

I have both E2s here. Big deal they put in a ceramic cup, changed the fill cap to silicone and made the slots slightly wider. These so called improvements have made little to no change in actual performance over the other E2s. They did not change the threads at all so they still do not fit on a lot of things. The ohms are still at 2.5 so they are still hot and harsh at 3.7volts. They only hold .7 mil of juice and and if you vape at all, it is like a 510 cart and you have to refill ever hour. If you chain vape the wicking will not keep up. Of course the ceramic cup and new silicone fill cap would not correct those major issues. Sorry guys I do not see any real improvement in actual performance and usability.

I do not understand the thread issue. I have 510 cartos from 7 different manufacturers here and the E2s are the only ones with this problem. The other 6 manufacturers can get it right, how come MiT can't?

On the WetBox the E2s, either revision are great, but normal battery use, they still have a long way to go. Not what you want to hear I'm sure but that's how I see it.

Happy Vaping!!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ok Kat this is my not so favorable report on the new E2s. This is the post I just put up on the technical thread. I'm waiting for the flaming to begin :lol:

You know that I love you, don't you?

What was that about the emperor and his clothes....;)

You may want to check my response to your post in the other thread.:p

You go, girl!

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
[I accidently responed over there to your question about ceramic expectations]

[disclaimer: the science below is not mine and just passed on :)]

Some of the plastic cups deformed (melted?) with use. -- Ceramic won't melt. This was the primary issue.

Some experienced chemical smell/taste -- Assuming it may have been from or contributed to by the plastic cup, ceramic won't off gas.

The wicking issues and occasional "burnt" taste and "too hot" were possibly suspected to be from heat build up around the atomizer -- ceramic (if it's the right kind/composition) would conduct heat away from the coil.

(the thread issue is not being discussed any more)

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
hmmm, with the plug just "resting" on the cup I'm thinking you might have leakage if they are not kept upright.

Speculation here:
I'm assuming you are thinking that when the lip of the cup is pressed into the groove in the plug that it spreads the groove a bit more and that compresses the outer part of the plug between the cup and the side of the barrel? and that squeezes the fill/vent holes closed.

This would make sense if the plug also goes on the cup far enough to seal/block the top of the slits (bottom of the slits are filled with wick and the top of the slits are open).

I am guessing that if the plug is not pressed onto the cup so that the lip goes into the groove you will have leaking. either over the lip of the cup or through the now wider slits above the wick? maybe not. again, that would be highly dependent on juice viscosity.

[Edit]... Sorry. This should be over there but I promised those guys I'd leave them alone. All the drawn out technical "discussions"/debates on these don't belong here. I'll try to restrain myself to responding to direct questions (to some extent anyway :))

Last edited:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
hmmm, with the plug just "resting" on the cup I'm thinking you might have leakage if they are not kept upright.

Speculation here:
I'm assuming you are thinking that when the lip of the cup is pressed into the groove in the plug that it spreads the groove a bit more and that compresses the outer part of the plug between the cup and the side of the barrel? and that squeezes the fill/vent holes closed.

This would make sense if the plug also goes on the cup far enough to seal/block the top of the slits (bottom of the slits are filled with wick and the top of the slits are open).

I am guessing that if the plug is not pressed onto the cup so that the lip goes into the groove you will have leaking. either over the lip of the cup or through the now wider slits above the wick? maybe not. again, that would be highly dependent on juice viscosity.

Yes it appears that it seals off the top of the slots also, but without a cut away it's hard to tell for sure. I have to go for tonight, but I'll play tomorrow with the filler cup and see about leaking and such with it loose.

Happy Vaping!!

pm2006

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
S.E. Michigan
Hey guys, I remember someone talking about the E2 cartos, can we get some more information and/or reviews on these and source?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartomizer-issues/113951-e2-cartomizer-technical-discussion-19.html

By Witchway - Ok Kat this is my not so favorable report on the new E2s. This is the post I just put up on the technical thread. I'm waiting for the flaming to begin :lol:

It's all about the way we all feel Witchway. You are entitled to your opinion just the same as the rest of us. I haven't tried the ceramics yet but will post an honest review when I do. No one is going to flame you. Everyone has been very interested in what we all have to say. At least that's my take on it. :ohmy:
Thanks for you review, BTW

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's all about the way we all feel Witchway. You are entitled to your opinion just the same as the rest of us. I haven't tried the ceramics yet but will post an honest review when I do. No one is going to flame you. Everyone has been very interested in what we all have to say. At least that's my take on it. :ohmy:
Thanks for you review, BTW

Amen.

Witchway, you and all the others in the E2 threads are providing invaluable information to all of us and, so it seems, an incentive for the manufacturers to improve their products. That's a win win. The more people report their experiences, the good and the bad, the better. That's why this thread started over a year ago and is still going strong.

We report you decide. ;)

Thanks for all your hard work, not to mention the money spent on all the experiments with different cartomizers.

nicnac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2010
Los Angeles
the only flaming you would get around here is from the "burning cartos".
Usualy when I read about a product to find info, I skip through all the hype and read the criticism. Thats how I decide whether or not to try a product.
Just the facts Ma'am.
Now I know why I am so addicted to this thread.
Its the company. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread