Not open for further replies.

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
My big question is what vg/pg ratio is your juice. From what your saying it seems like your prob doing everything right. But if you recently switched to a high vg juice it might be to thick. With pre made coils 60-70% vg should work fine. Maybe 80% but I'd think thats kinda pushing it. Also make sure to prime your coil (close off air flow and puff on it) hope that helps.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
So the only thing you guys have said that seems to apply to me is cleaning the connectors with a qtip dipped in running alcohol because I do have an ego one mega, use joyetech coils and vape at 70/30. I'll try that, thanks guys!
If you haven't been start priming the coil.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Assuming you are using the .5 coils? You can not use Nickel or the Titanium. Dark or very sweet juices will gunk up coils faster than clear juices. You never stated if your mega is on the round battery or did it come on the VTC Mini? Or you running it on something else?

Every tank full or two take the coil out and wash out the bottom piece where juice gathers up then dry it out. Take a paper towel and rollup the corner and stick it through the coil and give it a spin around. That will clean out gunk in the middle of the air channel of the coil. Fill tank and put it back together. Make the coils last longer and a better vape. They are good heads but I find doing that is a must for longevity. My wife uses them tanks and I maintain them. The CL coils are the easiest coil to rebuild and they can be made a whole lot better than the stock CL coils. CHEERS!

Last edited:

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife

Vaperepav

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by classwife

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
First you say ohh people get vtc mini's all the time and thats how you fix there's. Now u switch the story on its how you fix ego's even though they have a set internal battery. And if you read my earlier post i called that it was prob an ego before that was even stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
In 2 days I've had 2 of my Ego One Megas burn so naturally I changed the coils and let them soak and it's burning even more now!

What do I do, help me please.

So the only thing you guys have said that seems to apply to me is cleaning the connectors with a qtip dipped in running alcohol because I do have an ego one mega, use joyetech coils and vape at 70/30. I'll try that, thanks guys!

What are you attempting to express?

Reads like you have use 2 coils until they wore out. Attempted to Soak to revitalize and reinstalled, only to find they are even worse.
Is that close?
You can clean slightly failing coils, or good coils for use in different Flavors setups by Soaking.
You cannot fix a Burnt coil by any means short of ripping the assembly apart and replacing the cotton. <Not possible on some heads.>

Have you tried, Properly Primed, NEW Replacement heads(at proper power)?

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
What are you attempting to express?

Reads like you have use 2 coils until they wore out. Attempted to Soak to revitalize and reinstalled, only to find they are even worse.
Is that close?
You can clean slightly failing coils, or good coils for use in different Flavors setups by Soaking.
You cannot fix a Burnt coil by any means short of ripping the assembly apart and replacing the cotton. <Not possible on some heads.>

Have you tried, Properly Primed, NEW Replacement heads(at proper power)?
Yes, new coils, primed and let sit for 30 mins which has worked every time before this. Also I'm using the ego one mega as is with 1.0 ohms.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yes, new coils, primed and let sit for 30 mins which has worked every time before this. Also I'm using the ego one mega as is with 1.0 ohms.
Okay, EGO Mega one has no defined out put<from Joyetech site>
I am Assuming it attempts to regulate 3.7v
This setting should not present issues in using either head - 1ohm or .5ohm

HOWEVER - it does have a control board ans this can lead to issues.
Unlike a Regulated mod, it likely does not monitor Resistance and/or adjust for chosen coil. It likely acts like a Mechanical Mod......With added protection.
i.e. Reads Dangerous low resistance/Shorts

Has the EGO Mega been Dropped of knocked over on a had surface?
Can you take short draws with Normal output?
Do Longer Draws become rapidly Hot?

If those answers are yes, the Battery section is likely damaged and not consumer repairable.

NubeeResearcher

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2011
Brooklyn, NYC
Okay, EGO Mega one has no defined out put<from Joyetech site>
I am Assuming it attempts to regulate 3.7v
This setting should not present issues in using either head - 1ohm or .5ohm

HOWEVER - it does have a control board ans this can lead to issues.
Unlike a Regulated mod, it likely does not monitor Resistance and/or adjust for chosen coil. It likely acts like a Mechanical Mod......With added protection.
i.e. Reads Dangerous low resistance/Shorts

Has the EGO Mega been Dropped of knocked over on a had surface?
Can you take short draws with Normal output?
Do Longer Draws become rapidly Hot?

If those answers are yes, the Battery section is likely damaged and not consumer repairable.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread