Burnt cotton after 2 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Rayon is fantastic when it comes to withstand heat. It also has some of the opposite properties to cotton (it expands when wet cotton shrinks when wet) so if you are underwicking with cotton (you may well be or it could be the juice) try similarly wicking with rayon if you can obtain it I am always surprised at how easy it can be to OVERWICK with rayon.

And, I wouldn't trade it either by the way for me rayon just WORKS in a way that I was never able to obtain with cotton. I'm so glad someone suggested it to me.

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Welcome and glad you joined.
Almost all aspects of vaping contribute to life of a "coil" with regards to taste. Could read an overview:
What Ohms should I choose?
Might also look at rayon wicks ability to deliver your juice more effectively than cotton:
Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!
Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
Remember that Rayon is basically cellulose, paper. When dry it'll burn to ash rather than get burned like cotton. I suggest you use rayon in TC mode to avoid any drying of the rayon.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rayon is fantastic when it comes to withstand heat. It also has some of the opposite properties to cotton (it expands when wet cotton shrinks when wet) so if you are underwicking with cotton (you may well be or it could be the juice) try similarly wicking with rayon if you can obtain it I am always surprised at how easy it can be to OVERWICK with rayon.

And, I wouldn't trade it either by the way for me rayon just WORKS in a way that I was never able to obtain with cotton. I'm so glad someone suggested it to me.

Anna
Rayon is basically a polimer of paper pulp. If dry for just one second it'll burn to ash. Use only with TC to avoid any dry spots under the coil. I'd rather change cotton more often than breathe burnt paper.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayon

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Rayon is basically a polimer of paper pulp. If dry for just one second it'll burn to ash. Use only with TC to avoid any dry spots under the coil. I'd rather change cotton more often than breathe burnt paper.

Every one of my former 350000 cigarettes was wrapped in paper. :shock:
I'll stick with the Rayon. "The devil you know" and all that.... :toast:

Cheers
I

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Do you even use Rayon? It's not flash paper... :lol:

Rayon will allow you to vape the wick bone dry without any problem, something you cannot do with cotton. Rayon transports juice on the surface instead of sucking it up like a sponge the way cotton does. I've never had a Rayon wick "burn to ash" even accidentally firing a fresh wick that has not been primed.

I've had coils that look 100 times worse than the OP's do and after after pulling the Rayon wicks out they could have been rinsed off and used again. The biggest error that people make with Rayon is they try and wick it like cotton which will not work...

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh my rayon has NEVER once turned to "dry ash paper in my tank" and for that to happen you need just a few things well ONE.

Eliquid, which is ALWAYS present in my tank because you know I vape, not smoke, and frankly um, you don't even need TC just a shred of sense or two and not TRYING to combust your rayon which is frankly hard to do.

Also if it makes you feel rayon is superior to cotton well, TC with both of them and you won't have a problem with EITHER but if you've ever smelled a burning sheep, well trust me, cotton is not so lovely either. Etc.

This one tickles mah fancy. RAYON the self-destructing WICK. LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread