burnt taste on echomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsung

Jul 10, 2011
Greece
Hi, i would like to share with you my opinion along with a tip already mentioned many times on this matter. I received my echo 3 weeks ago and i have already changed 5 echomizers. One of them because after a week of heavy use simply started to loose performance. In the other 4 i was getting something like a burnt taste which irritated my throat a lot. (Always used the same juice). In 2 of them i continued vaping them hoping that they need time to work properly but nothing changed even after a couple of days. As i saw that i was running low on them i ordered a few more from a different ventor. I used one yesterday and it was the same thing GUTTED. Now here is the tip which like i said it is been mentioned many times but i never really bothered to follow it as i am always anxious to vape. Normally i fill a new echomizer with a syringe somewhere on 3.4ml. The mistake i was doing was starting to vape within 5 or 10 minutes. Today I filled a new one and let it set for at least a few hours and omg what a difference. It works fine like it should be. Now this thing may come in contradiction with people that fill their echomizers and start vape straight away. I am not sure whats the case and i would like to hear your opinion on this one but the reason for this post is to highlight a tip which made the difference for me.

PS. on the first echomizer i cant remember if i let it for a few hours or vape straight away

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
I don't know about echomizers as I haven't yet tried one, but I can say that with large bore cartos, syringe filling down the sides is probably going to require some time to sit because the liquid has to soak through to the center and get to the coils. So you either have to inject more liquid to make that happen faster, or -- what i do with the EMDCCs -- just drip fill down the sidewalls like pouring a beer. It may take a little bit longer than injection filling, but I've never once had to wait or let it sit. I just drip and rotate as I do, wait for it to soak in, lather, rinse, repeat until it starts taking longer for the liquid to soak in. I let any excess drip out the end, give it a little blow on the open end to clear the air tube, cap, and vape. Never once a problem.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Thanks, what threads does the EMDCC has? I am considering to get some as they hold 5ml juice. What will i need in order to fit my echo 901 battery?

It's an eGo connection (recessed 510 with outer eGo threading) so you'd need a 901-eGo connector, if such a one exists (I've never seen that specific combo though). Otherwise you'd need a 901->510 and a 510->eGo adapter, which will end up looking a bit weird, but it'll work.

You can get 'em at Heaven's Gifts, and probably elsewhere, too.

Alternatively, talk to this guy. He knocked together his own 901-eGo adapter, maybe he can make one for you.

dberkham

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Surprise, AZ
I've had some burnt taste using echo-e cartos on my KGO. Worked fine at first and I know the filling is good and wet. Vaping english malto from Goodejuice. I'm about to take one apart to see what is going on. Before I do that I may try to flush the thing out with water and let it ry for a few days. Hate wasting that good juice but I can't vape with that awful burnt taste.

dberkham

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2011
Surprise, AZ
Same here. I think you need to tamp down before you get the burnt taste or its never going to get better. I'm going to dissect one of the burnt taste ones just to see what it looks like on the inside. I'm getting tired of this as well. I've found relief by going to a KGO with a CCV 1.7 LR carto. Doesn't hold as much but they last a while and produce great vapor. I'm hoping the dual coils that are coming for Echo in September will take care of this problem. BTW, those who tamp down the filler, what kind of tool do you use to do this that works well?

mohawkx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
arizona
Same here. I think you need to tamp down before you get the burnt taste or its never going to get better. I'm going to dissect one of the burnt taste ones just to see what it looks like on the inside. I'm getting tired of this as well. I've found relief by going to a KGO with a CCV 1.7 LR carto. Doesn't hold as much but they last a while and produce great vapor. I'm hoping the dual coils that are coming for Echo in September will take care of this problem. BTW, those who tamp down the filler, what kind of tool do you use to do this that works well?

A McDonald's milkshake straw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread