Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Assuming that your e-liquid is otherwise the same (e.g., flavor and supplier), I doubt whether the reduced nicotine level is to blame. Are you dripping rather than using cartridges? You need to keep LR attys constantly very moist. In my experience, carts don't cut it; frequent dripping (or a juice fed mod) is the way to go.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
To veteran members, i decided to lower my juice nic level from 18 to 12 cos i find the throat hit to be too harsh on LR atty. But once i lower it i keep getting burnt taste on long draws (2-5 seconds). Is it possibly caused by low nic level and i wish somebody can tell me how to solve it.

Burnt taste can come from two sources basically.

1. Dry atomizer - solution is to keep the atomizer wet and if using an LR atty - keep it soaked..... but not flooded. And as soon as you detect a loss of flavor, drip or refill.

2. Build up of gunk on the coil - solution is to soak the atty in high proof vodka/everclear for about 15 minutes, blowout and reprime by dripping directly on the atty bridge and continue vaping.

IOW nicotine level doesn't cause a 'burnt taste'. A few more sources of bad taste is atty primer from a new atomizer, spoiled ejuice, simply bad flavoring and burning filler in cartomizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread