Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a newbe and must admit that you all have confused the buggers out of me.... I purchased a starter kit from a local shop that is made by Premium. It comes with 2 auto batteries, charger, and 6 pre filled cartridges. After reading most of this thread I'm glad I went with prefilled carts. I'm no scientist and frankly you all make it sound like you need a degree to know how to mix, fill, drag, manual vs automatic, this vs that..... holy cow!!! All I wanted was to get off analog (I think that's what you call reg cigs) but still be able to keep my nicotine cravings under control. So, the bottom line is.... for a newbe the auto - prefilled kits are not a bad way to go. You simply buy it, charge it up, and puff. After a couple of days you get the hang of using it and you are on your way to being analog free. I simply wanted to put in a good word for this way of starting. As a 35+year smoker I'm very proud that for 3 days I have not smoked a cigarette. That in itself is a miracle for me. JMHO

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Adding to the thanks!

Been reading for days, finally registered tonight. All of the posts I've read have been so full of information.

Purchased a "kit" from a local tobacco outlet (2 days ago), moreso trying to support local business. THEN reading all this, and having frustrations using this device, I can't wait to order SOMETHING (at this point, anything is going to be more fulfilling)! Wish money weren't an aspect, I'd be buying one of everything because they all have their pros and cons.

Probably going to start with an eGo, as a friend let me try his - and yeah, that's what got me here! The other friend had the basic 510, I think. Still finding myself craving and running for the ol' analogs (now referred to as "silver" heheh - and we think buying an e-cig is complex- keeping up with what they call the analogs is getting ridiculous). I'm sure that's because I'm not quite 'satisfied' with this lil' kit. Quite a joke. Then again, one of the batteries is bad. Going to be swapping out when they get more in Tuesday. Maybe having the two to always have a fresh one will help.

Keep up the informative posting, opinions and feedback are things us newbs don't really have until YOU share with us :D

As I stated in another post, I sure wish I would have known about this forum BEFORE I bought this ultra-generic kit. I just ordered a whole bunch of new stuff though, tons of juice and all, and am determined to get past my disappointment with this "thing" I have now. I like smoking... Just tired of feeling bad when I do it. 25 years of "analogs" and you can't help but feel it. I just know if I can find the right "combination" for me, this will be the thing to get me away from the analog... But honestly? I LOVE smoking. Just don't like what it is doing to me. I really hope this works out for me.

lee4jc7

Jan 9, 2011
Ohio
I do not smoke and my husband is so busy I am doing the research for him and I do not know anything about smoking and e-cigs I am finding all the info a little to much info LOL. Can anyone suggest a good e-cig that I can start him off on that had good directions and what is better the ones you fill yourself or the ones already filled??? Just need something to get him started right now and I am gonna have my friend show me how to use sites like this with all these places to go not hard not to lose me. Thanks for any help anyone can give!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread