The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Buying from Fasttech

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Tan12, Nov 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tan12

Tan12 Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Is it safe to buy at Fasttech ? I hear theres alot of clone there that’s why I’m asking here. Thankyou

• Like Like x 2
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    They sell clones....They are marked as "styled"

The ones marked authentic in the description are authentic.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Hi, Welcome to ECF. Fasttech is VERY consistent about marking clones "styled" and non-clones are labeled "authentic." I've bought both from FT and it has been consistent every time. Sometimes a clone can be well worth the price, FT also has a message board where you can check out a clone and see how other folks liked it. But you really have nothing to worry about, honestly. The main issue is longer shipping times, but if you aren't in a rush for something they can be great....

Anna

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Buying from fasttech is safe but can be very very slow. Stuff labeled “authentic” are generally authentic. Anything that isn’t probably isn’t though. I’ve had problems with non authentic replacement glass for RTAs myself. If it doesn’t say authentic the size may be minutely off. This may or may not matter depending on the particular RTA in question. It does matter for 22mm Ammit it seems though :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Tan12

Tan12 Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Because I saw the MOD that my friend was looking for. But there label if it authentic or clone.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Some of the clones are really good. Some of the clones are bad. Don't buy the clones unless they have good reviews.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Beamslider

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Don't buy a mod unless it is authentic and labeled as such.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    If you are Not in a Big Hurry, FT can be a Great Place to buy things. And you can Save a Lot of Money. Especially if you are someone like myself who seems to be buying things on a Regular Basis.

People have Mentioned the Clone (Styled) verses Authentic thing to look for. Here is one more regarding when something might ship.

If you see a New Atomizer, or Mod, or whatever, and the Picture is "Provided by the Manufacture", there is a 50:50 chance the item will Not Ship when FT say it will.

Here is an Example.

$24.99 Authentic Coil Master Elfy RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 2.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

FT doesn't Physically have this item yet. And is relying on the Manufacture for a Date that they will receive it. But that Doesn't always happen. So the Ship Date can get push out.

Whereas with something like this...

$13.23 Coppervape NarBA Styled RDTA Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer - 3ml / 316 stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

FT has received some at some point, and the Ship Date is Usually pretty Accurate.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    BTW - Not sure where you are Located?

But if you are in the USA, I would suggest you Always Opt for USPS ePacket as the shipping method. Verses what the Check Out defaults to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. djsvapour

djsvapour ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I usually buy Authentic and pay the extortionate $2 charge to get it in 6-10 days instead of....

... zzzz...

... zzzz ...

Ask me in 2018. :-x

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. jfcooley

jfcooley I find your lack of faith disturbing... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ordered enough coils to be set until next year.

I'd wrap my own but this time of year I lack the time and patience.

Honestly I'd lack the patience any time of year...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. suprtrkr

suprtrkr ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi and welcome. I have ordered plenty of times from fasttech and never had a problem. It takes a while to get here, but when it does you get what you paid for. They do have a lot of clones, but they are clearly marked with the word "style," as has been said. I have never bought anything from them they advertised as authentic that wasn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Paul Mohr

Paul Mohr Senior Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Adrian MI
    I have yet to receive my order from fasttech, since I just placed it yesterday lol. I did spend quite a bit of time looking over the website and doing some background research on the company though. This is what stood out to me. Keep in mind I was only looking at tanks and atty's, not devices or mech mods. It does not look like they are trying to put something over on anyone. Originals are marked as such, and reproductions are as well. Like others have said, the clones say "styled" They will also just give the name of the tank, not the company that originally designed it. For example, if you were looking for a Vandy Vapes Berserker tank. If it is an original the add will say "Authentic Vandy Vape Berserker RTA" or something to that effect. If it was a clone it would say "Berserker Styled RTA". There would be no mention of the company that originally designed it.

You would also be able to tell based on the price. What I noticed was the Authentic tanks actually cost more from fasttech than I could buy them from a US based retailer. Not a lot, but it seemed to be about 2-5 dollars more on average. Where as a clone is MUCH cheaper. Lets be honest, if you are looking at a tank that normally retails for 100-300 dollars and is made in Germany and the price is 17 bucks from a Chinese company it is a clone. I don't see any kind of deception there. Maybe patent or copy right infringement, but not deception to the consumer.

What fasttech will NOT do is sell you a clone for some crazy high price and try to make you believe it is an original. That being said, when you get your product it may or may not be a 1:1 clone. A 1:1 clone is where the tank and packaging will have all the markings the original product would. This really has nothing to do with fasttech since they are simply a vendor, not the company actually making the product.

I personally don't care about clones as long as the price point is in line with the product you are getting. In my opinion a lot of these high end tanks are insanely over priced. I used to run screw machines, and later worked in quality control at a machine shop. And my father in law was a machinist for 40 some years. The quality I see in some of these pieces does not warrant prices over 100 dollars. Sure they justify it by saying they bought some 600,000 dollar machine to make the parts on. Big deal, just because you spent a ton of money on a fancy machine so you didn't have to work as hard doesn't mean I am going to pay 3 times what a finished product is worth. You could get the same quality, if not better from a less expensive machine or a lathe and mill in a workshop. It would just take a bit longer to machine and might require more effort. If they bought a machine with a higher cycle rate they should be making the money up in volume, not by over inflating the price of the product. My opinion anyway lol.

Now the companies that are making 1:1 clones and trying to sell them at the same prices as the originals are wrong, and should be sued if possible.

The only bad things I have heard about fasttech are long shipping times. But that is with any Chinese company, not just fasttech. From what I can tell fasttech actually has a pretty decent warranty and customer service program.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. SupplyDaddy

SupplyDaddy I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    I make 3 to 5 (or so) orders from FastTech monthly. While I no longer buy mods themselves from there, toppers and support gear make this my goto site.
    Coils, jigs, snips, drip tips, vape bands and more.
    All of my tanks come from there. OBS Engine Nanos, Melo 4's Melo 3's, Melo 2's Ello XL Mini's and all are authentic.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    I've been ordering there for years now. Outstanding CS, reliable company. In the past i've even bought styled tanks that were actually authentics.

Nowadays they rarely sell clones (styled) items with logos. SXK and ST make a lot of styled stuff without logos especially for them.

They're also honest about their stock and 9 out of 10 times stuff that isn't in stock arrives faster than they estimate. Very fast packaging and shipping. What happens with your order from that point totally depends on the country it ships to, and which shipping company is available. In-stock items take little over a week to arrive in the Netherlands for example.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Paul Mohr

Paul Mohr Senior Member

Oct 28, 2017
    Adrian MI
    [QUOTE="Leo Bak, post: 20236503, member: 272356"

They're also honest about their stock and 9 out of 10 times stuff that isn't in stock arrives faster than they estimate. [/QUOTE]

I can confirm that as well. Some of the items I just ordered said they wouldn't be available until the 22nd. I checked my order earlier today and all but one item is ready to be shipped. And that item has a date of 11/18 now instead of 11/22.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I've been satisfied with my orders from Fasttech. If it says authentic it is, but you do need to be careful about what exactly is authentic about it - "authentic" seems to mean that they're naming the manufacturer, not that it's necessarily the original manufacturer.

For example, Svoemesto makes the true Kayfun products. If they offered an "Authentic Kayfun 5" it would really be a Svoemesto, but an "Authentic SXK Kayfun 5" would be a SXK clone, not an authentic Svoemesto Kayfun. Then there might also be a "Kayfun 5 Styled RTA", which would be made by heaven only knows who.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Necrospecter

Necrospecter Dulce de Leche to rule them all Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2017
    Fort Worth Texas
    the clones are good at least the ones I have ordered, but yes the shipping is painfully slow I think they ship it from one of Pluto's distant moons.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. lupinehorror

lupinehorror Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    dunblane
    have purchased many items from FT and have never had any issues.
    as others have said 'authentic' is authentic and 'styled' is not. simple. i mostly buy authentic but have had some decent styled RDAs.
    never use them if i'm in a rush but always go for epacket as a shipping option. it is quicker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Leo Bak

Leo Bak Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2015
    Netherlands
    Haha yes, but there are several fake clones out there. Crazy world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.