Buying From Local Vape Shop vs Buying Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
I have 10 vape shops within 15 minutes of me, that I know of at least. I've been to 7 of them, 3 have knowledgable vapors that know as much or more than I do about vaping/gear and are genuinely friendly. The others seem in it to make money and the employees don't know much, which for me was a major turn off. They try to sale you everything or anything instead of the right thing.

I mostly buy online based off research and reviews, plus the fact that I can get most stuff for anywhere from 25-50% cheaper even paying shipping! not to mention most places have coupon and discount codes. For example hades clone 60$ at shop plus tax (65$), online 30$ free shipping eBay reputable seller. I do however get batteries from 2 of the shops because the price is fair. I will get hardware from them occasionally though if the price is legit.

I'm really picky and have certain expectations for certain things too, if I walk into your shop and you sale RDAs RBAs etc. but no one can wrap coils or explain the product thoroughly you've already lost my business.

There are some other things that really grind my gears, but I feel like rambling on now.....
Time to go chain vape the magma and, Dorky Stud here I come, daddy's home!

All Day Vapin'

Last edited:

Margie123

ECF Veteran
May 17, 2014
Mount Vernon Wa.
I only have a couple of tobacco shops here in town. They have a very limited stock as far as vaping goes and their prices are triple what I pay on line. I bought my first set up there and can't help feeling like I got ripped off. The owners don't vape and don't know much about it so I can't get any real info from them either. I feel bad about buying on line and not supporting local business but I can't afford their prices so I feel like I am forced to shop on line.

Porksmuggler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
USA
Like several have posted, many vape shops in the area, of varying quality, but all one thing in common, ridiculous markup. 15ml of juice for the price of 30ml at US online vendors. Gear also double US online vendor prices, and most of it from China, where I could order the same for 1/5th. Competition doesn't seem to be a concern, as several of the shops have been open for years. They make there money off newcomers, plain and simple. I usually help friends pick gear online, then take them to a few shops so they can pick out flavors they like before ordering later online.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
I am lucky and have a friendly B&M close to my house. The little more they charge is well worth it for the advice, service, nice place to sit vape and shoot the s..t, help with problems, etc. If they have it I will buy from them.

If they do not carry it I go to the net. I start with forum suppliers and move on if I can not find what I want.

Occasionally I will go to fasttech, I got 10 different kinds of drip tips to see what type I liked and a vibrating battery. The fun thing there is that it is fun to oder, then you forget about it, and then you are suppressed when it shows up in the mail.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
My local B&M is still a convenience store that has a little counter and display case space dedicated to a few Ego type batteries, a few no-name clearos, and some Joytech e-liquid.

If they actually had anything I was looking for I would probably buy it there (I have bought a few of the e-liquids, nothing special).

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I prefer vape shops to online any day:

I find I can get what I want quicker in my local vape shop, and I find face to face interaction with the shop keepers when unsure about what to buy more helpful.

Not only that I find going to the physical shop with the open fire and physical PVs of all shapes and sizes in glass cabinets more fun, I also support my local vape shop.

islandgirl305

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in un-authorized area

k75srider

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Stevens Point WI
Mostly at my local B and M, some online. Like to have stuff in my hand before I buy, exspecialy since some clones are of questionable quality. Also he will get me almost anything I want if he can make some money on it. Don't mind spending a few extra dollars for instant gratifcation. I also believe in supporting the local economy, and I don't shop at Wallmart to save 50 cents on buttwipe.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Just got back from a local B&M. The had Boge cartos on sale at 1/2 normal on line price. So I bought a two year supply :lol:

They had Helios RDA-Clones on sale for $10, but only had the dual coil version in the store. They will have the single coil version for me on Thursday. (that's tomorrow, unless this week has two wednesdays in it)

That's why I shop the B&Ms in the area before I go on line to buy!

Last edited:

Zealous

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Texas
    I don't really buy any hardware any longer but when i did I bought it all online. But then the things I was interested in were not sold in any B&M in my area so that was the only option.

However I do try to buy my eliquid from local venders. I like to try eliquids before I buy them so that's one reason. Another is that I want to have local sources for favorite liquids in case there's any problem with online sales of eliquid at some point. But the main reason is that I want to support good local vape shops when I can & the only thing I buy now is eliquid so that's the only way I can support them.

Samariel

Feb 7, 2014
    Price, Utah
    I live in a rural area and we have no shops here other than a tattoo shop. They only carry a few egos, some protank minis and coil replacements and one brand of liquid. I went in this weekend to buy a tank and found out that the owner doesn't know anything about her merchandise. She doesn't even vape. I will just continue to purchase online because I can't justify a 120 miles round trip to go to a real shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread