Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I'm from Ohio. What is so bad about eBay?

What is so bad is in almost all cases you have no idea where they are sourcing their batteries from.

But what we do know is that Alibaba is probably the biggest source for fake batteries there is - and that is where any eBay reseller can purchase them - and they do.

And for the record AW has said more than once you will never find real AW batteries on eBay.

I bought 4 lgs. From a seller that has 99.9 % reputation. They're also the same ones j have right now and look the exact same. So I don't know.

A seller reputation on eBay is just that - a reputation for selling stuff. Did they send it quickly? Did you like the way they communicated? Was the shipping cheap? It has little to no bearing on the legitimacy of items you cannot determine are real - unless you have the diagnostic equipment to actually test batteries. Looking at a battery tells you pretty much nothing, unless any misprints on the jacket are embarrassingly bad.

Said it more than once - if there is one thing in this game you don't want to cheap out on it's your batteries. Get them from known retail suppliers in the business with a known track record.

GccTxs67

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2015
Virginia
I got screwed over on 4 Batteries, They were all DOA, will never buy batteries on ebay again. Orbtronics has the LG HG2's for 5.50 each, I only buy from them now.

i will buy my Wire, Cotton, cases, etc... from ebay, just piddle stuff, mods and tanks etc I buy from reputable online sites.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Hi,
Hold on to your horses. I have been buying batteries from this seller for a while and I have Never had an issue. Not all sellers are bad. Just read his feedback with that many positive feedbacks it looks like he has been making people happy for a long time. I am talking about the Samsung batteries you posted.

The overwhelming majority of those people who buy batteries off E Bay and leave positive feedback means little to nothing .

Biggest reason is that the people who typically do buy their batteries off E Bay are far from anybody who really knows about batteries in the first place or they wouldn't be buying them off E Bay.

As long as the batteries look like the batteries they see all over the web and they actually charge up they must be good , thats the general thought process.

Like others say you must know the sellers main source and from what i have experienced on E Bay is that most battery sources ARE NOT certified and approved vendors that the battery companies promote and list as a place to buy their batteries.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Check the link out. Tell me what yanthink
For me personally if I took the chance to buy batteries off eBay (which I would not) just seeing that one neg. of a set not being authentic would be enough for me not to buy even if they have tons of good feedback.

Reactions: herb

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
How about My Freedom Smokes....are they a safe site for batteries...I buy a lot of my gear and DIY from them and never had a issue yet from anything they sold to me.
MFS is a great vendor for vaping gear but I have no experience with them when it comes to batteries. I'm sure they would take care of you if you had any problems with the batteries they sold you.

I tend to stick with "authorized resellers" who specialize in batteries. They have temperature & controlled storage of the product and order in appropriate quantities (for their demand/sales) so that batteries do not get old sitting on the shelf.

Reactions: Firestorm

MouseD

Jul 21, 2015
MFS is a great vendor for vaping gear but I have no experience with them when it comes to batteries. I'm sure they would take care of you if you had any problems with the batteries they sold you.

I tend to stick with "authorized resellers" who specialize in batteries. They have temperature & controlled storage of the product and order in appropriate quantities (for their demand/sales) so that batteries do not get old sitting on the shelf.

I didn't think of that ..but good to know....thank you.

Reactions: Susan~S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread