Buzz or Provari ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
I'm almost ready to order my first PV. I was looking real hard at the Infinity,but thought I'ld maybe spend the extra $$$
and get a Buzz. I'm thinking about going with a matching M1A1,kind of like the dark blue and the root beer. But there's always the choice of Black with Chrome caps with the Oakland Raidrs Logo engraved and either the black or silver tank.

I'm also looking at the Provari now. They have a new V2 version and they're coming out with a Limited Edition Blue Screen.
Didn't know if I wanted to spend the money needed for the Buzz or Provari,but my tax return should be here any day.
So, why not go for the best. Never owned and E Cig,except a disposible Blu bought at Walgreens.to see if I wouilde like vaping. I've smoked for 40 yrs. and have been doing my research for pushing 3 months now.
The Provari only uses one battery,so no stacked batteries (kind of a good thing). Not quite the color selection as the Buzz.
But it has a better warranty 1 yr. with optional 1 yr. extended.

So, lets hear it !!!!!!!

Give me all your Pros ands Cons.

alex.vprv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2011
So. Cal.
Hi..
So I have a Provari, and I have used a BP. They both preform great! With the V2 Provari, the BP no longer has an edge in regards to amperage limitation. Both units show accurate readings under load. ie: set at 5.5v and measured at 5.5v. The Buzz stacks 2 powerizers and the Provari uses either 18350 or 18650 AW IMR's. So now it comes down to options. The Provari has more options/controls. Power on/off, check battery, and check atty/carto resistance. You also know exactly what you're vaping at. Finally, with fit and finish. The BP does have more color options but, I must say that it does not feel as solid and quality built like the Provari. When compared side by side, the Provari is MUCH nicer. This is just my humble opinion.

They are both great units! I am going to be getting my gf a green BP because that's her favorite color. I don't think you'll be making a bad decision either way. It's roughly a $100 difference... that you can feel.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I don't own a Provari so I won't reply to that...but I do own a I PRO and like it so much I just ordered a BUZZ PRO in the Root Beer color, hopefully shipping soon. I know the Notcigs VV's stack's batteries but these VV's are protected in so many ways, to me it's not issue. I also like the easy use of the wheel to adjust my vape for flavor/vaper production. Plus you would save a few bucks with the Buzz Pro or Ipro over the Provari. Either way a VV is the way to go. Enjoy!

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Hey, a fellow Portlander! :)

First let me note that I have never even seen a Provari, let alone use one. And my Buzz is only a month old.

There are two main reasons I picked the Buzz over the Provari. First, it's cheaper. This, however, was not my main consideration (but it was undeniably a factor). Both are expensive, so performance and style should be considered more important. If you want something intuitive and simple to use, pick the Buzz. If you want more accuracy and complexity, go for the Provari.
A provari can tell you the resistance of your atomizer. It can tell you how much charge is left in your battery. It can be set to specific volts. All this without a voltmeter. ...but are these features you actually need? I don't. I'd rather just turn a little wheel until the device vapes right.

Other things to consider: Provari is steel. It's probably somewhat more durable then a Buzz (but both should last a long time), as well as being significantly heavier. I've seen posters say that the weight gives it a good, solid feel ...and I've seen others say that they can never get used to it. Some people complain about the Provari menu system, but I think it would become second-nature quickly, and should not be a deciding factor.
On the battery thing: read the sticky at the top of the sub-forum. Stacked batts are more dangerous then single batts in poorly designed mods. The Buzz is not poorly designed.
Be sure to study battery safety before using any mod!

For me, picking the Buzz over the Ipro was based solely on shape. The Ipro is $30 cheaper, but if I plan to use the thing for the indefinite future I'll spend an extra $30 to get the one that looks better to me. It also looks better then the Provari to me, judging by site pictures alone.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Provari hands down. Just the feel alone will make you fall in love with it . The menu is so easy to navigate. Youll have it down in the first minute .Its actually easier and more accurate to change voltage then the wheel on a buzz. Lots of options like atomizer ohms and battery check.Its such a solid mod. Im going to be getting my third one soon. The V2 pretty much makes it a no contest now with any other mod.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
They are both great mods. Basically it comes down to the menu features of the Provari vs adjust to taste and vape. Whichever you prefer you'll be be getting a great mod. For me I already had a screw on meter if I needed it and liked the simplicity of adjusting the Buzz.

BTW the Limited Edition Blue Screen mentioned in the op if you wait and go for it will add $15 to the price so take that into consideration when comparing. Also the BP is more comparable in battery life to the 18650 Provari so that's extra cost for the extended cap if they are being compared equally.

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
I was stuck between this same choice a couple of weeks ago and I ended up going with the Buzz Pro. I know the Provari is very nice but for me, I asked myself...self, how much are you actually going to use the menu feature on the Provari? It might be fun the first couple of weeks, but I know me, I don't use Siri on my IPhone hardly ever anymore.

So I went with the Buzz. It's well made,easy to use and does what I want it to do. I also got the root beer color with the matching M1A1 tank. I don't sweat the stacked battery thing, the Buzz has built in protection and the the owner/creator is readily available I have problems or questions. I fill the tank, dial the wheel to taste, push the button and vape.

Whichever way you go, your going to be getting something good, just have a talk with yourself first (not out loud in public)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
I found the opposite, i thought the menu on the provari would be a pain but when i got it that wasnt the case .I could navigate through the menu blindfolded within a few minutes of getting it. The atomizer ohm checker is awesome since now i can check all my attys in cartos in a second without needing to take out my meter . Battery voltage reader is also awesome . I cant count how many times i left the house with other mods where my batt died soon after . With the provari it takes a blink of an eye to find out how much battery life you have left so i can swap batts before i go out if its getting low.When changing voltage its so easy since you dont even need to move your finger off the fire button. I can change voltage practically in mid vape. The greatest thing about the provari though is the feel . It just feels perfect in weight and size. Its slightly bigger then my index finger. The buzz pro is nice dont get me wrong but imo compared to a provari its a no competition. Also got the awesome feature on the provari when the battery is low the fire button starts flashing which is a huge help.

Last edited:

KeysBum

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Florida Keys, USA
I have used both. They are both great PV's. You really can't go wrong with either one. For me, I prefer the simplicity of the Buzz. The menu on the pro-vari is not a problem as some may suggest, it's pretty simple to figure out and use, I just don't need a digital readout to tell me if I've got the right vape. Some folks love it. I'm a big guy but I like the lighter weight of the BP in my hand. Others think the ProV feels more "solid". The ProV does have a more finished look. At the end of the day I guess I vote with what I bought. I have three Buzz Pros.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Great comparison conversation all! I've never used or seen a ProV either so I can't speak to it's ease of function or features, but I like seeing this conversation from both sides.

I have an original Buzz and 2 Buzz Pros. I like simple, and I've found it unnecessary to check voltages and resistances. If it tastes right, then I'm set where I want no matter what a read out would tell me :)

Both have a solid reputation! If you have concerns about safety with stacked batteries then please read the stickie here on the Buzz forum for all the facts on Notcigs products. I assume you can get the facts of the ProV safety features on their forum area.

Water 4 Fuel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Portland,OR
THNX everyone !! A lot of good responses. Wow< now I need to make a decission,as my tax return should be here very soon.
I do like the idea of the black and chrome Buzz with the Raiders logo I mentioned in my post.
Both seem to have a lot of support for members. I know both are very good mods.
Provari has a sale now for something like $211 for a kit (charger & 2 baterries,etc.)
The Buzz would have a cost approaching that,by the time you bought extra batteriies,charger,etc..
I do like the ease of the "Hit Control" on the Buzz.
Tough decision !!!!
Whatever,I finaly end up with,I know I'll be happy.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Buzz - i don't think this taste right *thumb wheel turn*...OK that's better

Provari - i don't think this tastes right *click, click, click, click, click, wait..., click, click...toot...hmmmm...click, click, click, click, click wait...OK another two clicks to go to 4.3...toot...ughhh i want more voltage...click, click, click, click, click...wait...click, click...UUGGGGGHHHHHH!*

Buzz wins :)

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I decided on the provari myself.. I did give the buzz carefull consideration but weighing the pros and cons I leaned to the Provari. I still don't want to walk around with a 200 dollar investment all over the place so I also ordered a Ken's VV box mod to tinker with out and about. It'll fit perfect in my pocket. I may pick up a buzz later because I want to have all the toys :)

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
You will love the Provari. You may find yourself spoiled and just buying more Provari's lol . Before i had a Provari i did not really like them. I had my own mods that pushed way more power and voltage adjusting by thumbwheel so i always thought the Provari wouldnt cut it and be maybe annoying . Well i got my Provari in a trade and then fell in love with it. Just the feel of it is worth the money. You can feel the quality over other mods.The menu is even more simple than a thumbwheel imo. If i want to change the voltage im already hitting the button while im vapiing so by the time it leaves my mouth im already have the voltage menu up. You kinda just do it naturally since the fire button is the same as the menu button.With the buzz i just cant stand the plain tube with vent hole in the side and the connector that sticks up . The recessed well with flush mount connector on the provari is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread