Buzz or Provari ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
You will love the Provari. You may find yourself spoiled and just buying more Provari's lol . Before i had a Provari i did not really like them. I had my own mods that pushed way more power and voltage adjusting by thumbwheel so i always thought the Provari wouldnt cut it and be maybe annoying . Well i got my Provari in a trade and then fell in love with it. Just the feel of it is worth the money. You can feel the quality over other mods.The menu is even more simple than a thumbwheel imo. If i want to change the voltage im already hitting the button while im vapiing so by the time it leaves my mouth im already have the voltage menu up. You kinda just do it naturally since the fire button is the same as the menu button.With the buzz i just cant stand the plain tube with vent hole in the side and the connector that sticks up . The recessed well with flush mount connector on the provari is perfect.

I know what you mean....I have a provari... and now I am looking for a backup mod...I want something cheap just for emergency and it has to to be VV for me. I keep ending up thinking about the satin black provari V2 with the Blue LED...it's just not right...just not right...ughh...but I already have the charger....gah!

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Provari with a tank. If u want to blow clouds all day you will have to get a tank. I am still learning cause mine is only a week old but its just wonderful. I didnt go with any extras except an extra pack of cartridges and a addy. The addy was the only good thing but dropping every few pulls got old fast. So on to the $10 carto tank to see how it worked. What a great choice.

I am waiting to get my hands on a better tank now and some better DIY flavors. The best DIY ive had was Root Beer and a mix of hazel nut with menthol. Its awesome and clouds up the room. Took two half full tanks to get the carto broke in though. Was thinking it was hopeless till then. If u fill the tank I have past full it floods too. Just something to think about.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Provari with a tank. If u want to blow clouds all day you will have to get a tank. I am still learning cause mine is only a week old but its just wonderful. I didnt go with any extras except an extra pack of cartridges and a addy. The addy was the only good thing but dropping every few pulls got old fast. So on to the $10 carto tank to see how it worked. What a great choice.

I am waiting to get my hands on a better tank now and some better DIY flavors. The best DIY ive had was Root Beer and a mix of hazel nut with menthol. Its awesome and clouds up the room. Took two half full tanks to get the carto broke in though. Was thinking it was hopeless till then. If u fill the tank I have past full it floods too. Just something to think about.

Im not really a tank person but i use almost exclusivvly boge SR cartos. IMO theres no greater carto out there and you could also use them in a tank. The extension cap on the Provari is a must have expecially if you like tanks

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
Bovinia the title is Buzz Verse Provari.

I don't know the Buzz. But I do know that I'm a heavy vaporer and use it daily, and I've had my Provari for 11 months and it looks and vapes just like brand new.

The title is actually ...Buzz OR Provari. The op just wanted opinions on both. Thank you for sharing yours.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Im not really a tank person but i use almost exclusivvly boge SR cartos. IMO theres no greater carto out there and you could also use them in a tank. The extension cap on the Provari is a must have expecially if you like tanks

Im running my tank with no extension. So far ive tried 3 options. Only thing I know of that I have not tried are the clear, whats it called? ce2? Ive found that I like the tank best so far. Im open to other options though. I just like the idea of being gone all day long and having my pv in pocket ready to go any time with no worry. My last tank lasted over 24 hours.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
THNX everyone !! A lot of good responses. Wow< now I need to make a decission,as my tax return should be here very soon.
I do like the idea of the black and chrome Buzz with the Raiders logo I mentioned in my post.
Both seem to have a lot of support for members. I know both are very good mods.
Provari has a sale now for something like $211 for a kit (charger & 2 baterries,etc.)
The Buzz would have a cost approaching that,by the time you bought extra batteriies,charger,etc..
I do like the ease of the "Hit Control" on the Buzz.
Tough decision !!!!
Whatever,I finaly end up with,I know I'll be happy.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters! Both are highly respected PVs :)

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
I was trying to make this decision a few weeks ago.
I am not a high heat person so being able to run HV-HH didnt influnce my decision me I just wanted to have VV for tuneing the vape taste I was looking for.
Reading the specs the BP only goes down to 3.3V and the Provari 2.9V, It appears some of the tanks only use LR cartos and what I found before is I dont care for LR at even 3.3-3.4V of a ego so I wanted to be able to go lower volts. Yes I could just run SR or 3 ohm Boges but in some tanks thats not a option.
I tried a Lava tube and was quite pleased with performance for about 2wks and then it went belly up so I started looking again and ended up with the Provari. At this point I think my ideal would be a aluminum Provari for weight reduction with the electronics reliability of the Provari but with the + - volt buttons like Lava IMHO.

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
would be a aluminum Provari for weight reduction with the electronics reliability of the Provari but with the + - volt buttons like Lava IMHO.

I disagree with that . IMo the stainless steel is what makes the provari. The weight and feel is what made me fall in love with the provari and what makes it luxurious. Plus it keeps better polished. If it were lighter though it would feel like china made crap. The weight is plenty light and perfectly balanced the way it is. Just mi opinion

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
P.s. i forgot to mention my post was meant as a joke.

I have used the provari before and it is AWESOME! I feel like the perfect vaping set up would be an oddy with a v2 provari but that is way out of my price range.

The buzz and provari are 2 awesome vv devices but i prefer the buzz because of the easy to use hit control. The menu system on the provari is easy to use once you get used to it and has features i wish my buzz had(ability to check battery voltage and atty ohms).

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I thought long and hard between the Provari and the Buzz Pro.

In the end, it was the Buzz Pro's Hit Control wheel that sold me on the Buzz. at the end of the day, I didn't want to have to hit a button several times, to add .1 or .2 volts to my hit. The Buzz lets me do that in just 1 second, and I can even do it in the middle of a hit.

The added bonus, is that for that $211 pricetag, you can get a Buzz Pro, charger, 2 sets of batteries, a matching M1A1 tank, and a 5 pack of cartomizers.

The tank is AWESOME, and one of the best, and most user friendly tanks I have seen. the fill hole makes refilling very easy.

My Buzz Pro is also Black/chrome. they look GREAT together.

jwv651

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Castle Rock, Colorado
I thought long and hard between the Provari and the Buzz Pro.

In the end, it was the Buzz Pro's Hit Control wheel that sold me on the Buzz. at the end of the day, I didn't want to have to hit a button several times, to add .1 or .2 volts to my hit. The Buzz lets me do that in just 1 second, and I can even do it in the middle of a hit.

The added bonus, is that for that $211 pricetag, you can get a Buzz Pro, charger, 2 sets of batteries, a matching M1A1 tank, and a 5 pack of cartomizers.

The tank is AWESOME, and one of the best, and most user friendly tanks I have seen. the fill hole makes refilling very easy.

My Buzz Pro is also Black/chrome. they look GREAT together.
I felt the same way as you did....I pick up a Buzz Pro in Root Beer with matching Roor Beer M1A1 tank, What a beautiful piece of art. I also love having the dial for flavor and vape. I also have the I Pro in black with chrome, and I'm going order the matching M1A1 tank next week. I'm in vape heaven.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I did forget to mention that the button is a pain at times. Not so much that I hate the device in any way. But some times if you are not consistent with the way u push the button it will in a way go dumb. Like if u want to turn the power up its 5 pushes and you might have pushed it 5 times but no display so u push one more time. Then it passes the PU and u have to wait for it to reset or keep pushing till you get back to it. So ya ill agree the button is annoying at times. However its still not a hate thing. I think you will be happy with the buzz.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Provari
No plastic threads to screw up
Greater voltage range
Greater amp limitfor dual coils and rebuildables
Stainless steel
Doesnt require stacked bats
Upgrade from v1to v2 was$20, didnt haveto buy a new one
Dont have to unscrew base to stop battery drain
Better quality mod all the way around
Proven track record for durability.
Buzz only seems cheaper, but you get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread