Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Cahnman proposes ban on sale of e-cigarettes to juveniles
Cahnman said the city’s current rules don’t cover the new electronic cigarettes.

“Our nation’s leading public health organizations, the Campaign for tobacco-Free Kids, the American Lung Association, the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society, all favor prohibiting the sale of e-cigarettes to minors,” he said.

Oh really? Last we heard in Illinois, those groups OPPOSED legislation that would ban the sale to minors while leaving them available to adults. Have they changed their tune?? I doubt it.

Cahnman proposes ban on sale of e-cigarettes to juveniles - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
"Ward 1 Ald. Frank Edwards said the law already prohibits the sale of cigarettes to minors.

“A cigarette to me is a cigarette,” he said.

“I think Sam’s just wanting to write another law. It’s not necessary. We have the laws, they just need to be enforced.”"

See, if you call a balloon a cigarette Edwards would consider their sale to minors. These are the people that propose and make law?

"Ward 1 Ald. Frank Edwards said the law already prohibits the sale of cigarettes to minors.

“A cigarette to me is a cigarette,” he said.

“I think Sam’s just wanting to write another law. It’s not necessary. We have the laws, they just need to be enforced.”"

See, if you call a balloon a cigarette Edwards would consider their sale to minors. These are the people that propose and make law?

Although Edwards is obviously uninformed about the classification issue in the courts, he is probably right about Cahnman's intentions: The sale of tobacco products to minors is already forbidden by law and is pointless except as an attempt to look like he's doing something.

Although nonsmokers benefit from smokers switching to smoke-free alternatives, nobody is marketing e-cigarettes to nonsmokers...that's why they call them e-cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread