Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No. No I'm Not.

What I'm trying to point out is when you Leave the Ethereal World of Internet Forum such as this, and go into the Real World, that the Percentage of Vaper's Vastly Outnumbers those who wile away there time frequenting e-Cigarette Forums.

So making some Conclusion about the Entire vaping Population based on what You Perceive happens on 1 Internet Forum is Fallacy.
Is there anything different happening in that other 99% of the universe? If so please enlighten me. You just said they are all clueless

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
No. No I'm Not.

What I'm trying to point out is when you Leave the Ethereal World of Internet Forum such as this, and go into the Real World, that the Percentage of Vaper's Vastly Outnumbers those who wile away there time frequenting e-Cigarette Forums.

So making some Conclusion about the Entire vaping Population based on what You Perceive happens on 1 Internet Forum is Fallacy.
What I said about being our worst enemy WAS also based on everything I read vaping related outside this forum. I don't see anything positive no matter where I look.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What I said about being our worst enemy WAS also based on everything I read vaping related outside this forum. I don't see anything positive no matter where I look.

Here's a Hot Tip.

If you want to Effect Change, or if you want to Stop Something from Happening, the FIRST Thing you need is to Inform As Many People As Possible as to what is Going On.

Individual Vaper's Can't Reach All Vaper's. It just NOT Possible.

But Retailers Can. Because you Can't be a Vaper if you Don't buy a Vape.

I'll buy into all your Sheeple Hype when 90% of ALL the Vapers in this Country are Informed as to EXACTLY what the FDA and States are doing to the e-Cigarette Market, and then they do Nothing.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Sounds like Someone is Yanking Somebodies Chain regarding Candy Cigarettes.

And Again, is this Reflective of Views on the Population Level? Or just the Rant of a Small Group of Individuals?
I wish they were joking.

The post is a picture of a box of various packs of candy cigs and this: "Wow!! WTH I forgot about these! The FDA thinks e-juice attracks(sp) kids... Hummmmmm"

My point is that there are plenty of vapers who believe all of the BS that they've been sold about smoking, and the tobacco companies, and they don't even look too closely at the BS that's being sold about vaping. If vapers who ARE on ECF or in the CASAA fb group are like this, what do you think the vapers(or non-vapers) who have never heard of ECF or CASAA are like?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I wish they were joking.

The post is a picture of a box of various packs of candy cigs and this: "Wow!! WTH I forgot about these! The FDA thinks e-juice attracks(sp) kids... Hummmmmm"

My point is that there are plenty of vapers who believe all of the BS that they've been sold about smoking, and the tobacco companies, and they don't even look too closely at the BS that's being sold about vaping. If vapers who ARE on ECF or in the CASAA fb group are like this, what do you think the vapers(or non-vapers) who have never heard of ECF or CASAA are like?

The Mis-Informed and the Dis-Informed are Nothing New. And have been used as Pawns in about Every War of Public Opinion I can think of.

But Once Again, How well did we Counter the Lies?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Here's a Hot Tip.

If you want to Effect Change, or if you want to Stop Something from Happening, the FIRST Thing you need is to Inform As Many People As Possible as to what is Going On.

Individual Vaper's Can't Reach All Vaper's. It just NOT Possible.

But Retailers Can. Because you Can't be a Vaper if you Don't buy a Vape.

I'll buy into all your Sheeple Hype when 90% of ALL the Vapers in this Country are Informed as to EXACTLY what the FDA and States are doing to the e-Cigarette Market, and then they do Nothing.
I think you missed my earlier point that the vape shops appear to be the same sheeple too...

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The Mis-Informed and the Dis-Informed are Nothing New. And have been used as Pawns in about Every War of Public Opinion I can think of.

But Once Again, How well did we Counter the Lies?
We agree on who could have had the most impact on countering the lies, or at least pointing consumers to places where they could learn the truth.

Even here though, we have people championing cigarette taxes as a good thing.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I think you missed my earlier point that the vape shops appear to be the same sheeple too...

Maybe I did? And Maybe I Didn't. What does it Really Matter?

Are we Any Closer to Holding off a Huge Tax Hike on Tobacco Products in California? And a Unknown Tax, which some think will be Close to 70% on e-Liquid that contain Nicotine.

If you Think People who Don't Even Know what is Going On are Sheeple, or if you think Retailers are Not Doing anything because of some 40 Years of Conditioning vs wanting to make as Much Money while they can, Fine.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Even here though, we have people championing cigarette taxes as a good thing.

Well I'm Not.

But I can Respect someone's Opinion even if I Disagree with it.

Kinda Like when someone Tells me that there Shouldn't Be a Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Well I'm Not.

Kinda Like when someone Tells me that there Shouldn't Be a Age Limit to Buy e-Liquids that contain Nicotine.
If you believe that nicotine should be more restricted than caffeine then you've already lost the war. I know you'll never acknowledge that of course.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you believe that nicotine should be more restricted than caffeine then you've already lost the war. I know you'll never acknowledge that of course.

You seem to be able to Project Causality onto just about Anything.

Maybe if you say something Enough Times it becomes a Truth?

Reactions: Max-83

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Well I'm Not.

Ok, so let's set aside how we got here. How do we fight this ballot measure? If BT is going to fight it, I welcome the help, but what can WE do? Because you know that it's unlikely that anyone else is going to step up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ok, so let's set aside how we got here. How do we fight this ballot measure? If BT is going to fight it, I welcome the help, but what can WE do? Because you know that it's unlikely that anyone else is going to step up.

We need to Contact Retailers (again). And if Nothing else, have them send out a Brief Overview of what Prop. 56 will do. And have them have them Tell their Customers to Pass it Along.

And to VOTE NO ON Prop. 56

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
You seem to be able to Project Causality onto just about Anything.

Maybe if you say something Enough Times it becomes a Truth?
Nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine . If you restrict it then you're acknowledging nonexistent harm. That is the sad fact underlying all this. As long as nicotine is the sign of the devil we've lost. Badly. You can argue against that all you want but it's a simple truth that Tobacco Control understands quite well.

Reactions: LaraC and DC2

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
We need to Contact Retailers (again). And if Nothing else, have them send out a Brief Overview of what Prop. 56 will do. And have them have them Tell their Customers to Pass it Along.

And to VOTE NO ON Prop. 56
Think there's any chance we can change Steyer's mind?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine . If you restrict it then you're acknowledging nonexistent harm. That is the sad fact underlying all this. As long as nicotine is the sign of the devil we've lost. Badly. You can argue against that all you want but it's a simple truth that Tobacco Control understands quite well.

Yeah Yeah Yeah... We've done Hundreds of Threads on that.

Maybe if a Ballot Proposition comes along Taxing Caffeine it would be On Topic for a State Caffeine Tax Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread