Calling all AGA-T2 experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefleck

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
CA
And he was bangin' shorts left and right, because he is a paid reviewer who is a provari/boge addict.

@thefleck...thank you for your patience. Besides the rsst, which other rba's offer insulated wick holes?

Yeah I don't know of any others...not a whole lot of stuff out there, hopefully others will share. I disagree with the above poster regarding wick hole insulation...it is a no-brainer and should have been implemented on the very first one. Wy would you not eant an insulated wick? makes no sense to me, as the hole connects directly to the deck...ie, where your face goes. People drilling out their wick holes don't like it/remove it, but that's not my problem....I can get two of those little sheets of ss mesh into my RSST if I try. ;)

agree about PBusardo being objective. I think he's great. A juice company made one for him once, his own specific juice, and he honestly didn't like it. Kinda funny....always objective, from what I've seen.

Have you seen the rba epiphany one? That's a great video. Keeping it real Phil! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
Yeah I don't know of any others...not a whole lot of stuff out there, hopefully others will share. I disagree with the above poster regarding wick hole insulation...it is a no-brainer and should have been implemented on the very first one. Wy would you not eant an insulated wick? makes no sense to me, as the hole connects directly to the deck...ie, where your face goes. People drilling out their wick holes don't like it/remove it, but that's not my problem....I can get two of those little sheets of ss mesh into my RSST if I try. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

What has your face got to do with it? Do you think it is going to melt or something. Think about it a bit harder, the only way a short is going to happen at the body is if there is current coming from the positive post through the wick. The wick is only in contact with the negative as the positive post is insulated. If there is contact with the positive pole it can ONLY be coming through the wick which means the wick is conducting and therefore is faulty.

SteveW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Australia
I wouldn't consider it a clone at all. It has a similar design regarding the tank and the spring post, but the similarities stop there. All genesis attys are borrowed tech. No one has reinvented it.

I know someone who drilled out the wick on an RSST and apparently the metal is some cheap gold colored alloy (not even brass). I would not have one of these in my stable personally. I would take a real (uninsulated) AC9 any day over one of those. In most cases, you get what you pay for. The AGA would one of the few exceptions to that rule for me. Great bang for the buck.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
Sounds like your wick needs more oxidizing. I burn my wick for 3minutes with a butane torch moving it up and down the wick glowing orange. Let it cool and do it again. Wrap coil around the wick while it is outside of tha aga. Insert in aga connect the top first and wrap it twice around top center post. Then pull bottom wire tight and tighten the wire under the ground screw. Just touch fire button long enough to see how the coils light up. If only the top lights up turn wick counter clockwise to loosen the the top wire from being to tight. Just keep turning the coil a hair at a time and checking. This may require a few minutes till you can get all coils lighting up at once.

I run mine all day long with out issues on a vamo on mean mode 8.5 watts

holcombgl

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington
Sounds like your wick needs more oxidizing. I burn my wick for 3minutes with a butane torch moving it up and down the wick glowing orange. Let it cool and do it again. Wrap coil around the wick while it is outside of tha aga. Insert in aga connect the top first and wrap it twice around top center post. Then pull bottom wire tight and tighten the wire under the ground screw. Just touch fire button long enough to see how the coils light up. If only the top lights up turn wick counter clockwise to loosen the the top wire from being to tight. Just keep turning the coil a hair at a time and checking. This may require a few minutes till you can get all coils lighting up at once.

I run mine all day long with out issues on a vamo on mean mode 8.5 watts

I hate to lose and I feel like this AGA is kicking my .... so I gave it another shot. Thank you this worked for me for the most part. I started at the top and was able to get the pita screw tight enough and it stopped my fluctuation. It held as 1.7 with 4 wraps and I got the second issue only my top 2 coils were glowing. I tried to twist it a little but couldn't get it. I am satisfied enough to give it another try in the morning.

Last edited:

holcombgl

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Bloomington
The main problem with the OPs setup is, unfortunately, the VAMO. The AGA-T2 isn't the easiest RBA to deal with because its wick hole is so far from the center post, but that can be remedied with the addition of two #2 brass washers to close that gap.

The #2 brass washers is that something I can find it Home depot or would I check a electronics store. Also would I just remove one screw and replace with the two washers or will I also need a small spring?

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
You don't need a washer. But to be honest a quick search and you find a post from me saying use a washer on top when I first started making coils.....lol

Don't hurry the process.... keep working at the coil. Set aside 10 minute block if you still have a hot spot put it down and come back to it after a break and do it again. Its only a piece of metal you can beat it......lol

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
You don't need a washer. But to be honest a quick search and you find a post from me saying use a washer on top when I first started making coils.....lol

Don't hurry the process.... keep working at the coil. Set aside 10 minute block if you still have a hot spot put it down and come back to it after a break and do it again. Its only a piece of metal you can beat it......lol

Words to live by, patience patience patience. I just got my AGA-T2 with a ProVari and there definitely is a learning curve.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
OP, Read my blog on setting up the aga-t. Some very useful info there that you will not find explained on youtube vids.

You will not need to bend your wick, use washers or a twisted positive lead. The distance of your coil to the center post is not an issue if it is set up correctly, here's proof:

That set up was 4/5 wrap 30g

Last edited:

CaydenChance

Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
California
I have the AGA as well and it gave me trouble until I used the drill bit method of wrapping my coil. It gives me a perfect coil every time. No shorts. All of the coil touching the wick. It is an excellent method that is faster than any other methods I have tried.

The video is here: FunkyVapes

You basically are finding a drill bit that fits tightly into the wick hole, then wrapping a coil directly on the smooth part of the drill bit. You make your Positive and Negative connections and then slide out the drill bit gently. Test fire the coils on the low volts to see how they are heating up. Insert your SS wick, twisting it in gently, into the already-wrapped coil and you are ready to go.

If you do this, you will be so happy.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
OP, Read my blog on setting up the aga-t. Some very useful info there that you will not find explained on youtube vids.

You will not need to bend your wick, use washers or a twisted positive lead. The distance of your coil to the center post is not an issue if it is set up correctly, here's proof:

That set up was 4/5 wrap 30g

I absolutely agree. Both of my AGA T2s are running excellently and without any modifications.

Band aids will work. However, they are simply covering up existing issues, which gone uncorrected, will eventually spawn other issues.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread