Calling on all Tennesseans

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyVisions

Aug 29, 2010
Tennessee
While having tires put on my car this morning, I was reading the local Nashville paper The Tennesesan. In the local news, editorial section, was a list of upcoming articles and an invitation to readers to email the paper with their thoughts. One of the upcoming topics: "Should electronic cigarettes be regulated like regular cigarettes?"

They invited us to email them, and express your opinion (in 150 words or less) to: letters@tennessean.com

Now, I don't get the "hard copy" paper at my home, and I have perused the tennessean.com website trying my best to find a link to post here, and I have had no luck. The Tennessean website apparently does not contain everything that is in the actual printed newspaper. I pondered going out and buying one, scanning that page, and posting it here, but I'm just too darn lazy.

Anyway, I just wanted to give my neighbors the heads up about the papers' request, hoping you will join me in emailing them with positive info on PV's/ecigs.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
GypsyVisions asked me for some suggestions on what important points to hit in your 150-word messages.

• Begin with the word "NO"
  • E-cigarettes produce vapor, not smoke, because nothing is burned
  • Vapor does not contain the harmful substances found in smoke: tar, CO, particulates, and thousands of chemicals created by burning tobacco
  • Smokers who switch to e-cigarettes are experiencing health improvements
  • E-cigarettes should not be included in smoking bans because there is no smoke
  • Because they reduce the risk of smoking-related disease, they should not be taxed the same as smoked cigarettes

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
OH thank you so much for posting this. I will most definitely when I get home from work.

You know what you should do? It would be such an AWESOME MOVE if you posted this in the Puresmoker forum at THEIR website. Go to PURESMOKER dot com and put it in a post there... they're based outta Nashville (goodletsville) and alot of TNer's frequent that forum.

Luisa

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
harlingen,texas
OH thank you so much for posting this. I will most definitely when I get home from work.

You know what you should do? It would be such an AWESOME MOVE if you posted this in the Puresmoker forum at THEIR website. Go to PURESMOKER dot com and put it in a post there... they're based outta Nashville (goodletsville) and alot of TNer's frequent that forum.
Can you do that? It might get lost in here. That is a super idea. If you do it,you know it is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread