Can a "heavier" vape be achieved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffD85

Mar 20, 2014
Canada
New to the vaping scene, just started last tuesday and been analog free since! Really enjoying this new addiction. Anyways one of the things I enjoyed about smoking was the way chest felt when I took a deep drag, the fullness and weight for lack of better terms of the smoke I was inhaling. I realize there is difference between inhaling a combustible smoke and a vapor but is there a mixture that gives the vapor a "heavier" or thicker quality? Better vaporizer/cartomizer do the trick? Am I expecting to much or just straight up crazy? Im using a 70/30 pg/vg mix currently, the throat hit is good and my cravings are satisfied.

Im using a 650 ego upgrade with an evod carto.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Well not that i would recommend it to a "newbie" but you could do some research on diffrent coil builds and find one that gives a really thick vapor...
Then upgrade your gear to a rebuildable tank type and use that coil setup...

But with your current setup the most normal thing would be to just get a lower resistance coil... A 1,8 should give you a warmer and thicker vape

Vamo vivi/protank
Kts+ igo-w 0,7

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Ok so a thicker vapor is achievable. The current coils on my atomizer are 1.8 right now so id have to look in to a more advanced unit the the starter kit I have i suppose?

Also you might like a vape with more VG -- it's too heavy for me, I walked around for a week feeling like I had a hairball in my chest I couldn't cough up, and it took 3-4 days back on my PG blend (85% PG) to get rid of it. But VG gives a lot MORE vapor, and I can tell you that it certainly is heavier than a primarily-PG e-juice.

Andria

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You have to keep in mind that there is a point to vaping not being the same thing as smoking. That "chest hit" you miss from your lungs being filled with smoke is what was going to end up doing you in from smoking. Since you are now using a wet vapor instead of a dry smoke the experience is different and will be different. You can only push the envelope so far trying to turn vaping into a "just like smoking" experience. It isn't.
:2c:

JeffD85

Mar 20, 2014
Canada
You have to keep in mind that there is a point to vaping not being the same thing as smoking. That "chest hit" you miss from your lungs being filled with smoke is what was going to end up doing you in from smoking. Since you are now using a wet vapor instead of a dry smoke the experience is different and will be different. You can only push the envelope so far trying to turn vaping into a "just like smoking" experience. It isn't.
:2c:

This is kind of what I figured but im going to try my best to replicate it!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Absolutely! I quit smoking and gained 10 pounds.

Not me, I've lost 7! 'Cause I'm not sitting around gnoshing anymore from craving a smoke but it's not time for a commercial! Now I just sit and vape away, and leave the snacks for my husband! :D

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
This is kind of what I figured but im going to try my best to replicate it!

You can come *close* but do keep in mind that it is in fact a different kind of experience from breathing smoke -- think of it as a radical brand switch! :D Also, you get FAR more nicotine by leaving the majority of the vapor in your mouth/nose/sinuses.... certainly you CAN inhale it to your lungs, but you won't get as much nicotine from it. I still inhale shallowly as I did with cigarettes (asthma, can't inhale too deeply or I cough) but I also take some hits that I just kinda let linger in my throat, and let it just spill slowly from my nose. You get a lot more flavor that way, too. In fact, my own regular vape is so light-tasting that I get probably 95% of the flavor from the exhale.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Go dual top coil (such as the vfate or iclears). It will give you a warmer and denser vape. Going with more vg will give you more vapor production. Top coils are also more flavorful vapes, imo.

They're certainly hotter. Completely wrecked the taste of my favorite e-juice -- and on a bottom coil, I turn the vv3 up to like 4.5v (or more if the coil is 2.5).

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread