Can anyone help someone new to Vaping with a pv number for a Smoke Stik?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Hello,

My wife and I are new to the world of vaping. One month ago I bought a Smoke Stik and a number of cartomizers and I do enjoy it greatly. I learned through trial and error that I can reuse the cartomizers with a flavored liquid and I enjoy this as well.

I am very satisfied with the functioning of the smoke stik with the prefilled carts, but I would like to use an adapter for the pv and have a choice of a tank but I do not know what sort of adapter I should buy. Does anyone know the answer to this? I would prefer to continue to use the smoke stik with an adapter rather than simply buying an Ego

I would also like to know what type of cartomizer to purchase if I wanted ones designed to refill. What number should the cartridege be and what ohm? I heard the ohm should be 3.5 but I can not find any of those... should I get a 3.2 ohm?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Hello,

My wife and I are new to the world of vaping. One month ago I bought a Smoke Stik and a number of cartomizers and I do enjoy it greatly. I learned through trial and error that I can reuse the cartomizers with a flavored liquid and I enjoy this as well.

I am very satisfied with the functioning of the smoke stik with the prefilled carts, but I would like to use an adapter for the pv and have a choice of a tank but I do not know what sort of adapter I should buy. Does anyone know the answer to this? I would prefer to continue to use the smoke stik with an adapter rather than simply buying an Ego

I would also like to know what type of cartomizer to purchase if I wanted ones designed to refill. What number should the cartridege be and what ohm? I heard the ohm should be 3.5 but I can not find any of those... should I get a 3.2 ohm?

Thanks in advance!

Allazar, Please be very careful filling. You might want to read this post:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...areful-if-you-drip-refill-your-ss-cartos.html

Now that you have read that and have learned the proper refilling method....the SmokeStik is an RN4081. And we don't know of any adapters that will let you use a different model carto or atty on a 4081 battery. Only the other way around. Sorry.....maybe someone else knows where to find one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
the SmokeStik is an RN4081. And we don't know of any adapters that will let you use a different model carto or atty on a 4081 battery. Only the other way around. Sorry.....maybe someone else knows where to find one?

AFAIK, they do not exist. I own a 510>4081 and a kr808>4081 adapters, but I've never seen a RN4081 to anything, ever.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I have not ordered any yet. If someone tries them and has a wiggy...I would be interested to know how much resistance is added. And if you notice any contact issues with the batteries. Assuming you using SmokeStik batteries...I could care less about anyone elses....LOL

Btw.....since we already crossed the line here....that company that sells the adapters...has the BEST driptips I have ever tried. They are just beautiful...much nicer than any others.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Last edited by a moderator:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
spacekitty....that avatar is lame. here.....

catturkey.png

By lorikay13 at 2011-11-13

or perhaps.............

catturkey34123.jpg

By lorikay13 at 2011-11-13

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I often lurk here but seldom post. As I have had more experience and found other people into vaping longer than my wife and I, I have found answers to some of my earlier questions. I had found the adapter at MadVapes myself, and it is a very new addition. I also found this there as well, and I wonder if this item would be safe to try with my SS.

Smok Tech 1.7 ohm RN4081 Cartomizers

The reason I am unsure is that it is a much lower resistance than the standard filled cartomizers I purchase from Smoke Stik.

Thanks for the answers everyone! :vapor:

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Allazar,

First let me say thank you for being a customer. Would it be safe to try the 1.7 ohm cartomizer on a SmokeStik?.... Forgive me if I get too geeky......but being the engineer I sometimes do that.

If you put a 1.7 ohm cartomizer on a SmokeStik battery, you are asking the battery to supply twice the current and power than our standard cartomizers require. This will definitely make the battery “work harder” and definitely shorten its life (along with voiding the warranty).

The lithium batteries that are used in the SmokeStik (and almost every other manufacturer) would love it if we would charge them slowly and discharge them slowly. Because we are asking our batteries to create heat, which by the way is the hardest thing for a battery to do, we’re making them work very hard. Have you ever noticed there’s no battery operated toasters? If you cut the load in half by going to a cartomizer with half the resistance, you are literally beating the battery to death.

With a 1.7 ohm cartomizer attached, you are creating 6.8 watts of power. Most people who vape find that 4 to 5 Watts is their sweet spot. You would need some full bodied juice to stand up to 6.8 watts and not have a burnt taste.

So, your question: “Would it be safe?” You’re not going to create a Ground Zero by trying it, but you’ll very quickly turn the SmokeStik battery into a Zero by trying it.

Thank you for your question and please let me know if you have any other questions.

STEVE

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I'll jump in here with the laypersons answer....I have actually tried those cartos. And while they are very good quality cartos.....they burned the crap out of my Prime 15. And in my opinion you don't get much better quality than HALO juice. I also tried some Vapor Station liquid in them...same results. Not only are those cartos WAY to low in resistance....don't forget SmokeStik batteries actually deliver a little more than other 4081's so that amplifies the overheating. BUT....I do not and never have seen the appeal to high voltage/low resistance vaping. But they are a good quality product. Just know that like Steve said....they will literally suck the life out of your batteries.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Hello,

Thank you for the answers once again. I was interested to see if they would increase vapor production (LR always seems to) but not at the price of dramatically shortening the lifespan of the battery. I have a mod that I experiment with that uses LR so I was wondering how well those cartos would work with my smoke stik. My Smoke Stik is still my daily use PV and will likely remain so. The mod is great for home use, but nothing travels like the smoke stik!

Thanks again for the info, as I know that the forum rules were bent a little to answer! :toast:

P.S. I am a very heavy vaper and have been vaping since the start of July primarily with 2 Smoke Stik Jet batteries. On average, how much longer will it likely be before I should consider ordering spare batteries so I do not have to use my USB charger to nurse 1 through a day because one dies?

P.P.S. It appears to me as if the AC charger delivers more charge to the batteries than the USB one. Has anyone else been able to verify whether or not this is the case?:confused:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi and thank you for the excellent questions.

As you probably know Steve and I also answers the phones every day. I can't tell you how many calls we take .....usually on a Friday from people literally in a panic and sometimes close to tears....because they lost or broke one their only 2 batteries and know they can't make it through the weekend on just one. This really is not a sales pitch. I personally am also a very heavy vaper...I have 4 chargers going 24/7...and I can't count how many batteries I have. And thats on TOP of the 2 SuperTs....the Revolution....the Evercool and the 4 Egos.....although I rarely use the egos or the Revolution I seriously use both SuperTs everyday. The Evercool is variable voltage so I save it for when I REALLY need a GOOD hit....LOL. So the answer is ...now. Don't wait. Buy at least one battery now and put it in rotation. Don't squirrel it away waiting for one of the other ones to die. Sitting and never being charged is not good for these batteries.

And that little story lets me answer your next question as well. People like us....conisouers of ecigs and liquids....and let's face it...hard core nicotine junkies....are much more sensitive to slight variations in performance. And yes....the USB charger does not charge the SmokeStik quite as high as the home charger does. But we are really talking about less than a tenth...that is 1/10th of a volt. It's that little...and yet you can feel it. Why? Because your such a heavy user , you have experience LR vaping so your brain and your body knows what it COULD have, and also....your probably refilling. This is NOT a slam on refilling. But it's a fact that every aspect of the SmokeStik was carefully designed to work in a system...our system of course. The liquid we make is part of that system...the precise mix of PG/VG that vaporizes most efficiently at the temps created inside a SmokeStik cartomizer. When you refill you not only replace this liquid with something different...you super saturate the filling....and THAT is the biggest issue. Too much liquid means LESS vapor. The reason we designed the USB system...which we have now switched to exclusivesly...is that that tenth of a volt dramatically decreases the life of the battery. Its the old sad story of you cant have your cake and eat it to. Or in this case vape it...hehe. That little bit of a fraction of a volt is enough to stress the battery and shorten it's life.

So in conclusion....you need to buy at least one battery right now. Really. Because as you know...refilling has a nasty habit of quickly,suddenly and permanently killing these auto battery switches.

Now this IS a sales pitch........LOL We are having a great carto sale now.....20 cartomizers for 59.80. You CAN use a 10% discount code to bring it down even further....thats $2.70 per cartomizer....and you will earn 5 reward points worth ....$5. so you can see how quickly you will earn enough points to pick up an extra battery. Or call us and tell us your ecf name and we will give you a 15% discount on extra batteries if you order cartomizers. That goes for all ECF members. Sorry you do have to call.....only because our current system does not allow for the old secret ECF page.:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread