Can I drip on RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyVapes

Apr 7, 2017
Long Island, NY
Hi all, new member here so be gentle. May sound stupid, but I was wondering if most RDTA's you can drip on without filling tank? I have been vaping about 8 months now. Exclusive use tanks & atty's. I wanted to try dripping, mainly because I'm constantly changing flavors depending on mood and wanted something I don't have to go through a whole tank. Also heard dripping yields much better flavor production. Was about to get a regular RDA, until a buddy showed me an RDTA he got (an Ijoy which I forget model). But from looking at it, it looked to me like I could just drip on it if I wanted, or fill the tank if I was going out. Is that how most RDTA's are? Or is this design a separate category of like hybrid RDA/RDTA? Any help, guidance, advice is appreciated!

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Thanks, I see what you mean. With the tank above the deck that would be challenging. You think the Limitless is what I should go with or is there another you could recommend or have heard good things about? Thanks so much, appreciate it!
I like the Limitless and Limitless+, but there are many newer ones that I haven't tried out. There are probably better RDTAs out there nowadays.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eskie

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hi all, new member here so be gentle. May sound stupid, but I was wondering if most RDTA's you can drip on without filling tank? I have been vaping about 8 months now. Exclusive use tanks & atty's. I wanted to try dripping, mainly because I'm constantly changing flavors depending on mood and wanted something I don't have to go through a whole tank. Also heard dripping yields much better flavor production. Was about to get a regular RDA, until a buddy showed me an RDTA he got (an Ijoy which I forget model). But from looking at it, it looked to me like I could just drip on it if I wanted, or fill the tank if I was going out. Is that how most RDTA's are? Or is this design a separate category of like hybrid RDA/RDTA? Any help, guidance, advice is appreciated!

If you can see the coils, soak them, you're good to go, just don't forget to re-soak them every few puffs as you don't want a dry-hit.. A tank's role is a reserve to feed the wick, so no need to overthink it.

Some RTAs, even cartridges, if you drip into them and soak them well, you can do it with anything... the biggest difficulty with any non-RDA is the airflow, you don't want it to flood and leak.

But most RTDA, you might get the over-saturation (flooding) of the wick could end up going into the tank anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread